+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa for my Father from Pakistan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My take on this is it's best to be honest and forthcoming with information like your wife's pregnancy, rather than hide and have them discover this easily-available information in another way. In my experience, the visitor visa category can be very arbitrary, and the reasons why they may accept or reject can be difficult to divine.

Props to you for your honesty, good luck with the application!
Not sure how much experience you have with immigration but we routinely see people denied when they mention they are pregnant because applications often say they are planning on helping with cooking, cleaning, caring for the baby, etc. which can be considered illegal work. Grandparents are likely to want to stay longterm and a baby creates stronger ties to Canada. A supervisa is intended for more of a long visit. It is hot or miss some get approved some get denied. In Canada fathers are much more active in caring for children and doing domestic chores and are expected to support their wives in pregnancy, delivery and with the care of the baby afterwards.

s_hassan27

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Not sure how much experience you have with immigration but we routinely see people denied when they mention they are pregnant because applications often say they are planning on helping with cooking, cleaning, caring for the baby, etc. which can be considered illegal work. Grandparents are likely to want to stay longterm and a baby creates stronger ties to Canada. A supervisa is intended for more of a long visit. It is hot or miss some get approved some get denied. In Canada fathers are much more active in caring for children and doing domestic chores and are expected to support their wives in pregnancy, delivery and with the care of the baby afterwards.
I never mentioned that he will be helping me in anyways with the baby. All i mentioned is he wanted to be here for the birth of my 2nd child as he missed the opportunity for the 1st one and his stay will b abt 4 months only.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I never mentioned that he will be helping me in anyways with the baby. All i mentioned is he wanted to be here for the birth of my 2nd child as he missed the opportunity for the 1st one and his stay will b abt 4 months only.
I was making a general statement on why mentioning a pregnancy is not a good idea in general. There are certainly people who get approved but it has certainly resulted in others being denied.

hsp402

Dec 27, 2012
I was making a general statement on why mentioning a pregnancy is not a good idea in general. There are certainly people who get approved but it has certainly resulted in others being denied.
Hi,
Having properties and assets in Pakistan in parents name is a strong tie. Also visiting canada and coming back couple of times without over stay is a good sign. If it was your mother applying for another visit visa after expiry of current visit visa then very strong chance of approval.
However, as your father has property and savings and other assets and have visit to australia, it is still strong.
I would say less chances of rejection by visa officer. Have seen a high approval rate for this type of application. But it all depends how you present the case and how it is interpreted by visa officer.
Lastly, i would say a letter from your GP or nurse in canada or by obs/gyne consultant here can make the case very strong

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Having properties and assets in Pakistan in parents name is a strong tie. Also visiting canada and coming back couple of times without over stay is a good sign. If it was your mother applying for another visit visa after expiry of current visit visa then very strong chance of approval.
However, as your father has property and savings and other assets and have visit to australia, it is still strong.
I would say less chances of rejection by visa officer. Have seen a high approval rate for this type of application. But it all depends how you present the case and how it is interpreted by visa officer.
Lastly, i would say a letter from your GP or nurse in canada or by obs/gyne consultant here can make the case very strong
Would disagree. A letter from an OB adds nothing and you’re going likely going to have to pay for the letter. The letter basically usually says that X would benefit from family support and help during pregnancy. Help implies potential work. Save you money the $20+ dollars you OB will charge you. Agree that OP has better than average chance because of the parents travel history which I mentioned initially.

s_hassan27

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Would disagree. A letter from an OB adds nothing and you’re going likely going to have to pay for the letter. The letter basically usually says that X would benefit from family support and help during pregnancy. Help implies potential work. Save you money the $20+ dollars you OB will charge you. Agree that OP has better than average chance because of the parents travel history which I mentioned initially.
I made the case myself and it can’t b perfect but i did my best to cover all the points. Yes i did attached a letter from Gyno that mentioned pregnancy.
It is just a matter of few days. I will keep you guys posted. It might help other ppl when applying for a visit visa.

hsp402

Dec 27, 2012
It worked for my case, for both my father and mother. I got letter from GP. Visa officer decides on its own but to reject such a letter he has too think, so its advantage. I am not saying that every letter works, may be your letter or people you know have not work. Letter for me worked and worked for my friends too. Its all our experiences. And my letter worked after two rejections so third time i submitted letter with application and it worked.

hsp402

Dec 27, 2012
I made the case myself and it can’t b perfect but i did my best to cover all the points. Yes i did attached a letter from Gyno that mentioned pregnancy.
It is just a matter of few days. I will keep you guys posted. It might help other ppl when applying for a visit visa.
Pregnancy letter may not itself be sufficient. Usually if your family doctor knows your condition he can write down specifically moral and mental support such as stress and these kind of words. But You have above than normal chances, keep me posted. Hopefully in your case you didnt need any letter or so.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It worked for my case, for both my father and mother. I got letter from GP. Visa officer decides on its own but to reject such a letter he has too think, so its advantage. I am not saying that every letter works, may be your letter or people you know have not work. Letter for me worked and worked for my friends too. Its all our experiences. And my letter worked after two rejections so third time i submitted letter with application and it worked.
I have seen cases very often on this forum where people are denied because of a letter from their doctor and fears that a parent will not return home after the baby is born due to lack of ties. A letter from a doctor to say you need extra support (unless you have some serious complication) doesn’t influence a visa application. Save yourself and the taxpayer money. There is no need to get a letter. If someone had cancer and needed moral support I wouldn’t even get a letter I would include proof of my treatment plan. It’s $20-50 that you can save.

s_hassan27

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Dear xxxxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxxxxx The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Pakistan OC,Islamabad, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Pakistan OC,Islamabad. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.
Is this a visa decision or just a biometric results they are talking abt??