+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa for Fiance

salpirali

Aug 13, 2018
Hello, I am a dual US/Canadian Citizen. My fiance to be is a Iranian national living in Erbil, Kurdistan. My entire extended family lives in Canada, but I live and work in the US.

I am thinking of proposing to her and I would like to take her to Canada to meet my family - My family cannot visit Iraq or Iran because they will no longer be able to visit US if they do.

Will I have any issues getting her a Canadian Visa? I plan on sponsoring her US immigration after marraige.

salpirali

Aug 13, 2018
Is this an odd case that no one seems to have some generic advice? I guess its something I'll have to find out by just applying and see how it goes? The thing is, I dont want to have a denial because she will be trying for canada student visa later on while we wait out the US immigration process as well. Is a visit permit easier to get than student permit?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I assume as she is your fiance you have visited her in Iran before? Has she a lot of ties in Iran? She would need to convince the CIC that she wouldn't come here for a holiday and then just stay.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is this an odd case that no one seems to have some generic advice? I guess its something I'll have to find out by just applying and see how it goes? The thing is, I dont want to have a denial because she will be trying for canada student visa later on while we wait out the US immigration process as well. Is a visit permit easier to get than student permit?
Recommend you join the Visitors section of the forum. That's where you'll find the majority of discussions regarding TRVs.

Short answer is that the chances of refusal are likely quite high for the TRV unless she can demonstrate very strong ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property ownership, assets) and has significant previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK.