+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa for both my parents

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am currently in the process of applying a tourist visa for my parents who are now currently living in the Philippines.
I just have a few questions and I am hoping that someone here would be able to guide me through the process.

1. Is it easier to process their application online?
2. Would I be able to do the application myself for them?
3. If and when they get approved, do we have to send their passport somewhere to get the visa?
4. My parents marriage contract has been filed on February 12 but they actually got married on the 10th, it's just been registered on the 12th. On my birth certificate it says February 10, is that going to be an issue?

I know in my mind I still have a few questions left but I can't quite remember the rest of them.
Thank you!;)

Last edited:

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
1. Is it easier to process their application online?
Yes. Online is faster processing than by paper.
To compare bet paper and online http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1475&top=23
If they previously travelled to Canada or they have a US visa they can avail for CAN+. But this is done via paper, but much faster I think.
2. Would I be able to do the application myself for them?
Yes. Dad will be the primary applicant. You will be Mom and Dad's representative.
3. If and when they get approved, do we have to send their passport somewhere to get the visa?
Yes.You need to send to VFS Philippines where their Biometrics will be taken as well. You can opt for the courier services to pick up and delivery the passport straight to your doorstep.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Online is faster processing than by paper.
To compare bet paper and online http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1475&top=23
If they previously travelled to Canada or they have a US visa they can avail for CAN+. But this is done via paper, but much faster I think.
Yes. Dad will be the primary applicant. You will be Mom and Dad's representative.
Yes.You need to send to VFS Philippines where their Biometrics will be taken as well. You can opt for the courier services to pick up and delivery the passport straight to your doorstep.

Thank you so much for that info. I have no idea that my dad needs to be the primary applicant.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

I am applying for both my mom and dad. what do i answer for this question? Thank you!