+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
The brother's Visa application rejected on 2018.
Waiting for Internal Office notes. (Single)
Is it a good time to apply for brother without any European trip?
The brother can provide job letter, Governmental insurance certificate, Title Deed, Financial mean,

Regards

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I am planning to apply for my parents' visitor for the convocation ceremony. My mother had a Canada visa since 2015 which expired in 2021 (cz her passport expired) and she also has a valid US visa till 2025. My father had one refusal from Canada in 2020 based on "purpose of visit" and "financial assets".
I have two questions:
1) Should I keep my mother as a primary applicant?
2) Do I need to address these refusal reasons in the invitation letter?

Kindly please advise :)

Thank you very much!

Abajaj

Dec 16, 2018
Hi, Does anyone know in the new IRCC Portal, if the counterfoil information will be available after stamping?

We sent my mother’s passport for TRV stamping a week ago, the status on IRCC Portal just got updated to approved. But I don’t see any counterfoil record in IRCC Portal.

I remember that in GC Key we can see counterfoil info once status is updated to 'approved'.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all
For proof of fund, will remaining balance be enough or should we include 6 month transaction? Thanks for your help

salw578

Oct 23, 2020
Hey guys, I need your suggestion on this:

I would like my family (mom, dad and younger brother to visit for less than 6 months)
The visitor visa has the purpose of visit as tourism or visiting a family member (I am currently a PR).

My mothers name on my birth certificate and passport is incorrectly spelled.

I am confused on whether to apply for the visitor visa under the tourism or visiting a family member?
In the latter case, i would need to provide my details (Passport, PR, birth certificate).

Should i get the same name affidavit(are there any other documents that need to be produced in such a situation)
or let my parents apply directly for a tourist visa?
Has anybody faced a similar situation or has idea about it?

Thanks!

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hey guys, I need your suggestion on this:

I would like my family (mom, dad and younger brother to visit for less than 6 months)
The visitor visa has the purpose of visit as tourism or visiting a family member (I am currently a PR).

My mothers name on my birth certificate and passport is incorrectly spelled.

I am confused on whether to apply for the visitor visa under the tourism or visiting a family member?
In the latter case, i would need to provide my details (Passport, PR, birth certificate).

Should i get the same name affidavit(are there any other documents that need to be produced in such a situation)
or let my parents apply directly for a tourist visa?
Has anybody faced a similar situation or has idea about it?

Thanks!
even if you select tourism as purpose, they will be asked your full details( application asks for all the children’s details)

my friend had his dads name with different spelling on dads passport n birth certificate n as well as his passport, and dad corrected his spelling in passport to match with son’s passport n birth certificate, also his mother didn’t have last name on his passport but all her document had it, he submitted as such and both of them got approval.(reason was to reunite with family member)

ircc seems to prioritise family reunification than tourism(don’t know to what extent its true!)

garuna

Sep 10, 2013
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th june,2014
Nomination.....
15th October,2014
Med's Request
13th November,2014
Med's Done....
19th November,2014
Passport Req..
19th feb, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march, 2015
LANDED..........
15th may 2015
Applied Visitor visas for my Dad and Mom on Wednesday. Got Biometric letter for only my mom. Both my Parents were here in Canada in 2016 as a visitor. They did not gave any biometric at that time. Is it possible that they only ask Biometric from my Mom and not my dad?

salw578

Oct 23, 2020
even if you select tourism as purpose, they will be asked your full details( application asks for all the children’s details)

my friend had his dads name with different spelling on dads passport n birth certificate n as well as his passport, and dad corrected his spelling in passport to match with son’s passport n birth certificate, also his mother didn’t have last name on his passport but all her document had it, he submitted as such and both of them got approval.(reason was to reunite with family member)

ircc seems to prioritise family reunification than tourism(don’t know to what extent its true!)
I see, thanks for explaining this. The problem here is my passport + birth certificate has wrong name. So, need to update them both.
I was under the impression that getting a same name affidavit is a simpler alternative.

So,
would applying for a visitor visa with the intent of tourism while having a family member in canada rub off in a wrong way?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
I see, thanks for explaining this. The problem here is my passport + birth certificate has wrong name. So, need to update them both.
I was under the impression that getting a same name affidavit is a simpler alternative.

So,
would applying for a visitor visa with the intent of tourism while having a family member in canada rub off in a wrong way?
i’m not sure if it will create a bad impact, but then you can’t hide the fact that their non-dependent child is here in canada, you have already given their details in your PR application!

affidavit is not a bad idea though, my friend had prepared one, but the he got his dads passport corrected in a week so he didn’t actually use it…maybe experts here can give you better advice, i just had this single experience to share :)

salw578

Oct 23, 2020
i’m not sure if it will create a bad impact, but then you can’t hide the fact that their non-dependent child is here in canada, you have already given their details in your PR application!

affidavit is not a bad idea though, my friend had prepared one, but the he got his dads passport corrected in a week so he didn’t actually use it…maybe experts here can give you better advice, i just had this single experience to share :)
I see, thanks for sharing the info here! :) It really helps.
i'll wait for others to comment as well.

garuna

Sep 10, 2013
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th june,2014
Nomination.....
15th October,2014
Med's Request
13th November,2014
Med's Done....
19th November,2014
Passport Req..
19th feb, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march, 2015
LANDED..........
15th may 2015
Applied Visitor visas for my Dad and Mom on Wednesday. Got Biometric letter for only my mom. Both my Parents were here in Canada in 2016 as a visitor. They did not gave any biometric at that time. Is it possible that they only ask Biometric from my Mom and not my dad?
can anyone answer this?

garuna

Sep 10, 2013
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th june,2014
Nomination.....
15th October,2014
Med's Request
13th November,2014
Med's Done....
19th November,2014
Passport Req..
19th feb, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march, 2015
LANDED..........
15th may 2015

Nshah28

Feb 25, 2022
Hello, I am New Member to the Portal, Just want to share timeline for visitor visa of my Mother and Grandmother
File Submitted online- 14th Feb
Biometric Request- 15th Feb
Biometric Done and Status Completed- 21 Feb
Visa Approved, PPR Request - 25th Feb (Today)

Reactions: Kumar.22 and Tmon