+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
I want to apply for my parents' visitor visa for my convocation ceremony. Do I need to submit two different applications for my father and mother or it can be submitted together? I did select the "group" option but am not sure if it is right or wrong. Kindly share your exp.

U can select the group option and fill the details and finally u could select both applications before you pay and submit them.

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Hi all

I am applying for my mother's visitor visa. Is it a problem if her bank statement is a shared 50% with someone else?

Also, will remaining balance be enough or should she put 6 month turnover statement?

I am not sure about it. Thanks for your input and help
No problem if it is a joint account ( Husband and wife ) But if it s shared with someone else , you need an affidavit and letter from bank.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
No problem if it is a joint account ( Husband and wife ) But if it s shared with someone else , you need an affidavit and letter from bank.
Thanks, the shared account is shared with my dad. But no where on the account form, it states the name of the person who has shared account with. Is this a concern?

Also, I have another bank for another starement of my mum which even doesnt tell the ownership is 100. Is this a concern?

Thanks so much for your help.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Does all bank statements indicate the ownership percentage of account holder? I just think our bank did not know what to do. Can you help me please and advise? Thanks

Meharunisa

Jan 5, 2022
yes, your eligiblity reveiw started, it's a good sign.
What is your timeline?
I submitted my application on Feb 13 and no biometrics needed. Even in my case it says that "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" but I dont see any data for Estimated completion time. Could you please let me know when I can expect an update on my application.

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
U can select the group option and fill the details and finally u could select both applications before you pay and submit them.

My brother will be supporting them financially, so is a letter of support from my brother is enough or do I need another supporting document?

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Thanks, the shared account is shared with my dad. But no where on the account form, it states the name of the person who has shared account with. Is this a concern?

Also, I have another bank for another starement of my mum which even doesnt tell the ownership is 100. Is this a concern?

Thanks so much for your help.
If you go to the bank and ask them to re print or issue the bank account passbook that is shared , this is enough to prove its shared and put the account statement.
The officer will know by looking at the account number on the passbook and statement if they r same. So u should be good.
But first check with the bank if the account is normally a joint account with your mom and dad . If not , ask them to merge or make it a joint account

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
My brother will be supporting them financially, so is a letter of support from my brother is enough or do I need another supporting document?
yes , a letter of support from your brother and his employment and bank statements should be good.

from you , a letter of invitation is good. Normally they say its optional , but i recommend putting a letter of invitation from your end as well.

Reactions: Stu234

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
If you go to the bank and ask them to re print or issue the bank account passbook that is shared , this is enough to prove its shared and put the account statement.
The officer will know by looking at the account number on the passbook and statement if they r same. So u should be good.
But first check with the bank if the account is normally a joint account with your mom and dad . If not , ask them to merge or make it a joint account
Thanks so much. Just to make sure I understand, what do you refer to as merge account and passbook? My mother has two a counts in two different banks. One indicates it is share 50% and the other there is no indication of percentage ownership.

My confusion comes from the place as why the other did not mention 100% or the one with 50% doesnt say who is the shared holder.

Do you have any thoughts? Thanjs so much to guide me what to do

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi Guys

I have a quick question.
I am applying for visitor visa for my father and mother.
They do not have a marriage certificate.
What can be done in this situation, can I instead upload a letter stating they have their spouse names in respective passports, will that hold?
Also I was presented with only the following docs as mandatory:
- National Identity Document.
- Passport
- Marriage certificate.
I was expecting to see more required docs like bank statements, my PR card/ passport copy etc. What am I missing here?

Thanks

Premaram53

Feb 24, 2022
Hi. I applied for visitor visa using the new IRCC portal on Dec 11th 2021. Biometrics done in December as well. But no updates on my application as of now after that. Can I re apply again via IRCC portal. Will that make any difference ?

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Thanks so much. Just to make sure I understand, what do you refer to as merge account and passbook? My mother has two a counts in two different banks. One indicates it is share 50% and the other there is no indication of percentage ownership.

My confusion comes from the place as why the other did not mention 100% or the one with 50% doesnt say who is the shared holder.

Do you have any thoughts? Thanjs so much to guide me what to do
the bank account which u said its 50 % shared , go to that bank and ask if the account is a joint account with your dad. If the answer from bank is yes , then take a letter stating that its a joint account , mentioning account number and names of shared members.Then , take 6 months statements and combine this letter to show proof of funds. If bank doesnt give letter , then atleast they should be able to give a passbook ( kind of booklet to show all transactions made on daily basis) with your mom and dad photo on it and some other details related to branch address ,customer address etc.

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Hi Guys

I have a quick question.
I am applying for visitor visa for my father and mother.
They do not have a marriage certificate.
What can be done in this situation, can I instead upload a letter stating they have their spouse names in respective passports, will that hold?
Also I was presented with only the following docs as mandatory:
- National Identity Document.
- Passport
- Marriage certificate.
I was expecting to see more required docs like bank statements, my PR card/ passport copy etc. What am I missing here?

Thanks
In lieu of marriage certificate , a notarized affidavit with your parents marriage photograph or couple photograph taken together , along with date of marriage and place etc details to be printed on a stamp paper and get it notarized by an official , u can upload this document in place of marriage certificate.
Based on the answers u have entered right from the beginning of the application, the system will ask u to upload docs that are required for the situation of the applicant.
Once eligibilty stage has been reached, the officer might ask for additional docs to upload.

but u can always upload a cover letter stating the purpose if visit and upload docs in the additional documents section.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: Stu234

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Is there any chance to get the visitor visa for a friend that has a cousin here in Canada?
Their family name is same but they are not immediate family member.