+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I don't know why there is no update for the Oct 6th submitted applications. I see a lot of people got PPR's before and after Oct 6th. :( . Anybody who submitted the applications on Oct 6th any update?

SalSha

Nov 12, 2019
Hello,

I am a PR holder and want to apply visitor visa for my parents.
I am applying using the new portal and need some guidance on what to fill up in the Work/Activities history section. My father has a partnership Jewellery business with his family members, but I couldn't find an option from the provided list that I can use as work/activities. The only option I can see related to business is "Business Finance and Administrative Occupation". When I select this one, I can't find any matching Job title. Can someone please guide me on what I need to select for the work activities?. Or, I need to select as Unemployed and mention the job in the cover letter?

Appreciate the guidance..

Thanks,
SalSha
Anyone can advise on this, please? I think this applies to any kind of business..

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I don't know why there is no update for the Oct 6th submitted applications. I see a lot of people got PPR's before and after Oct 6th. :( . Anybody who submitted the applications on Oct 6th any update?
Lot of Oct files are stuck [ including mine]

Was this for parents or spouse ?

Lot of Oct files are getting the decision though. saw them on groups

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Lot of Oct files are stuck [ including mine]

Was this for parents or spouse ?

Lot of Oct files are getting the decision though. saw them on groups
I applied for my parents. Hoping to get them soon. IDK how long will they take

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi all, our application for my parents got approved on Jan 14 - applied using new portal.

Applied/Aor - Jan 5
Biometrics request - Jan 5
Biometrics given - Jan 11 - Hyd, IN
Biometrics updated in profile - Jan 12
BVL & PPR- Jan 14

ps: My parents hold valid US visitor visa, but never visited! Good luck to everyone!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi all, our application for my parents got approved on Jan 14 - applied using new portal.

Applied/Aor - Jan 5
Biometrics request - Jan 5
Biometrics given - Jan 11 - Hyd, IN
Biometrics updated in profile - Jan 12
BVL & PPR- Jan 14

ps: My parents hold valid US visitor visa, but never visited! Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations!! What a fantastic timeline. Wonder how many older applicants who are stuck will get to this point

A13HI

Jan 3, 2022
Hi Guys.

Need urgent suggession. :(

I was applying for visitor VISA for my parents using the new IRCC portal. While filling out the online forms, initially I chose "To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada " but at the end of the applications, in the supporting docs page, they didn't ask for "Proof of relationship" or "Proof of status". Now I am sitting on the fence whether I should attach those docs with my invitation letter which seems to be synonimous to "Proof (Fund)" as per the definition provided.

Thanks in advance!
I was asked for both, proof of relationship and status; I suggest you fill the form once again with the immediate family option.

Dec 14, 2021
Hello,
Congrats!
I have an invitation letter from my sister and I would like to apply for a visitor visa but I'm confused about which portal I should apply for a visitor visa.
Could you please tell me? How does she apply via the IRCC portal or GCKey?
Thank you.
Use Ircc new portal. Its easier and faster processing