+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi All,
Any suggestions will be useful. My spouse's visitor visa got refused today. I did attach an employer letter, property doc, etc. to show ties to home country. They refused on the below grounds. We hadn't applied for PR before submitting trv application, we did after. Should i reapply? Please advise what I need to do to get an approval.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Lymabelian

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hello everyone!

I am a mother of a PR and an International Student in Canada. I had a Canada tourist visa before but it got expired last year, February 2021. Me, my husband and our youngest son applied a new visitor visa again. Our timeline are as follows:

First application via GCKey: August 30, 2021
Biometrics: September 9, 2021
Reapplied via IRCC Portal: January 2, 2022

No update yet. We have an active multiple entry US Tourist Visa.

Question: Is it okay that I was the one who applied for our Visitor's Visa or my daughter who is now A PR?

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Hi All,
Any suggestions will be useful. My spouse's visitor visa got refused today. I did attach an employer letter, property doc, etc. to show ties to home country. They refused on the below grounds. We hadn't applied for PR before submitting trv application, we did after. Should i reapply? Please advise what I need to do to get an approval.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
Is this your first application?
They are just making some excuse.
What else they expect?
Seems like they want to make more money with more refusals.
What is your status in Canada?

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
Hi everybody,

In a similar boat here. Parents of PR, applying for TRV to visit the child for 1 month.

First application via GCKey: November 24, 2020
Biometrics: Completed November 27, 2020
"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " for quite some time.

Reapplied via GCKey (unaware of the new portal): December 25th, 2021
Biometrics linked from the previous application
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility".

Bit the bullet and reapplied via IRCC Portal today: January 13th, 2022
Biometrics linked from the original application.
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Will keep updating.

All the best to everyone!

Last edited:

Angienanti

Dec 17, 2021
Hi everybody,

In a similar boat here. Parents of PR, applying for TRV to visit the child for 1 month.

First application via GCKey: November 24, 2020
Biometrics: Completed November 20, 2020
"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " for quite some time.

Reapplied via GCKey (unaware of the new portal): December 25th, 2021
Biometrics linked from the previous application
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility".

Bit the bullet and reapplied via IRCC Portal today: January 13th, 2022
Biometrics linked from the original application.
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Will keep updating.

All the best to everyone!
hope you get a reponse soon

Reactions: MJAB

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I just found out about the new portal and I am currently with my in-laws who are travelling in less than 2 days. I do not have a computer so I wanted to know if we have to submit the same forms for this trv application. There were forms that required to be signed like the family information, representative form etc. Do we need to submit the same? I just want to know because I started the application in an internet cafe and no sign of forms yet. I just want to know if there is anything they should sign so i finish the application now otherwise I will do it a bit later.

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
I just found out about the new portal and I am currently with my in-laws who are travelling in less than 2 days. I do not have a computer so I wanted to know if we have to submit the same forms for this trv application. There were forms that required to be signed like the family information, representative form etc. Do we need to submit the same? I just want to know because I started the application in an internet cafe and no sign of forms yet. I just want to know if there is anything they should sign so i finish the application now otherwise I will do it a bit later.
Once you fill out the preliminary information on the new IRCC portal, it will generate a list of documents you need to attach according to the information you’ve provided. There are no separate IMM5257,5645,5713 etc. forms in the new portal.

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Is this your first application?
They are just making some excuse.
What else they expect?
Seems like they want to make more money with more refusals.
What is your status in Canada?
It was my 2nd application through the portal and 1st result received. I am a PR here. It's really lame. I kind of understand what I need to do to get an approval. But just looking for suggestions. I do not want to approach a lawyer/consultant as I am very aware of the process and do not want to shell out extra money.

A13HI

Jan 3, 2022
please what did you do differently? I applied on the 22nd, Biometrics completed on 29th till date yet to receive PPR. Applied for hubby in Canada
As others in this forum have pointed, I think I was just plain lucky.

I do want to call out that in the CIC application, we put a lot of emphasis on the fact that our GCKey application has been in limbo, entered the old application numbers, and also mentioned that the grandkid is now 6 mnths old and grandparents have not been able to meet the infant since birth.

I hope your application moves along soon.

A13HI

Jan 3, 2022
For everybody's reference as I think some sort of progress updates wouldn't harm anyone.

Applied for in-laws (India) using GCKey on Dec 5th 2020
No biometrics slots available due to covid in Delhi VFS.
Biometrics done on August 2nd at Delhi VFS.
No updates whatsoever (even after raising multiple webforms)
Re-applied using CIC on Dec 8th 2021
PPR received on Dec 16th
Passport collected from residence by Bluedart on Dec 23rd 2021.
Waiting to get the stamped passports back

Applied for parents (Sydney, Australia) using GCKey in June 2021.
Biometrics done on August 17th 2021 at Sydney VFS.
No updates (even after raising multiple webforms).
Re-applied using CIC on Dec 17th 2021
PPR received on Dec 31st
Passport couriered to Sydney VFS on Jan 3rd 2022.
Waiting to get the stamped passports back.

One difference I noticed in the responses received for the webforms I raised was that whilst the Delhi VFS response stated to re-apply only if there has been a situation change, Sydney responses just said to re-apply (using the new portal).

Hope this info is of help.
Update:

Sydney: Stamped Passport received on Jan 12th.

India: Stamped Passport delivered to Bluedart Hub near the residence on Jan 13th. Applicants need to go and pick from there. This is because the home address was outside serviceable area (thanks to C19).

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Update:

Sydney: Stamped Passport received on Jan 12th.

India: Stamped Passport delivered to Bluedart Hub near the residence on Jan 13th. Applicants need to go and pick from there. This is because the home address was outside serviceable area (thanks to C19).
Thank you for your detailed response. One more question, did you have to fill out the family representative form? As I applied for my husband and 2 kids but only filled the family representative forms for my kids as my husband is an adult.

A13HI

Jan 3, 2022
Thank you for your detailed response. One more question, did you have to fill out the family representative form? As I applied for my husband and 2 kids but only filled the family representative forms for my kids as my husband is an adult.
We filled in applications as if the parents were applying on their own.

Abhisun15

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Hey guys good news, finally got PPR for parents’ Visitor Visa ! Below is the timeline:

Original Application: 01 Aug 2021
Biometrics: 15 Sep - Pune India
Reapplied: 9 Oct
PPR: 11 Jan 2022
Guys can someone please confirm what documents required to send to VFS India for passport stamping ? Thank you.