+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
Applied for visitor visa on Dec 1. Got emails for new messages and status change. But looks like portal is down.

anirudhap

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Answer
a. For biometrics just carry copy of VFS biometric appointment letter, biometric instruction letter , and original passport.
b. They will just verify the original passport and return to you after biometrics. You should submit passport only after you receive PPR not during biometrics
c. If you have paid everything online during application submission including application fees and biometrics , you don't really have to pay anything else. But some VFS locations in India has some premium services for the applicants if you wish to avail you can pay during that time else you can ignore. I have not availed that for my parents. They ask this during biometrics and the decision is solely your choice.
thanks @dino888
really needed this infor as my parents biometrics is next week. Do you have any info on timelines after?
a. approx how much after biometric once received PPR?
b. does premium service ensures quick passport pickup and deliver courier service?

WilL H

Oct 25, 2021
Did anyone apply on or after October 25th?
I applied for my parents on that day and have not heard anything yet. They did their biometrics in September when we first applied through the old system. It is now 30 business days and no word yet.
They are from Lebanon. Please let me know.

dino888

Nov 2, 2021
thanks @dino888
really needed this infor as my parents biometrics is next week. Do you have any info on timelines after?
a. approx how much after biometric once received PPR?
b. does premium service ensures quick passport pickup and deliver courier service?
a. I'm not sure about that. I'm also in the same boat as you. Done with biometrics and waiting. It all depends on case to case. I learned it from some groups in India the minimum days it took is like 20 days after Biometrics and it can go any longer from there.
b. Premium service ensures something related to pickup and delivery but I'm not sure if they could do the process quickly if we choose to go for it. Please check with VFS during the biometrics appointment for more details they would explain

Reactions: anirudhap

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Hello,
My flight is today. I want to ask if is it mandatory to have travel insurance? I have visitor visa.
You can buy after arrival
No requirement for entry in canada

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys, I was just wondering, is there a way to check the “counterfoil” information for an application that was submitted on the new IRCC portal? The latest update was today and it says “Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details”.

I can’t find any section that lists the visa stamp/counterfoil information, unlike the GCKey which provides the information in the account.

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi guys, I was just wondering, is there a way to check the “counterfoil” information for an application that was submitted on the new IRCC portal? The latest update was today and it says “Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details”.

I can’t find any section that lists the visa stamp/counterfoil information, unlike the GCKey which provides the information in the account.
Congratulations!
Wait for one day to get passport request.
Roy

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Congratulations!
Wait for one day to get passport request.
Roy
She already got passport request two weeks ago (and submitted her passport already). The update today was that the application is closed and her passport is being returned to her with the visa.

Counterfoil/visa information is for when the passport has been stamped with the visa, which it has been. But the IRCC portal doesn’t show that information unlike GCKey.

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Could you please post your timeline and the country from where you applied?
First application: July 14, GCKey.
Second application: Oct 12, Portal.
GCKey application withdrawn: Nov 22
BVL and PPR on Portal: Nov 25
Applied from Nigeria, VO in Nairobi, Kenya

Application was for my sister, and reason was family reunification. I’m a permanent resident.

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Applied on October 12, 2021 at portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca (Is this new portal?)
Biometrics - October 22, 2021: Completed (Ahmedabad - India)
Application in progress

Anyone with similar timeline got passport request or decision?
Help will be appreciated.