+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

ionbhattacharya

Jun 15, 2020
Applied on October 12, 2021 at portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca (Is this new portal?)
Biometrics - October 22, 2021: Completed (Ahmedabad - India)
Application in progress

Anyone with similar timeline got passport request or decision?
Help will be appreciated.
How did you apply in the portal? Did you get an invite key? If yes, how did you get it.

ionbhattacharya

Jun 15, 2020
Is IRCC processing visitor visa application for spouce of PR?

I am a PR, my wife cannot move to Canada right now. So I applied for visitor visa for her. Biometric is done. But since then no updates. Applied on October 19. Biometric done on November 17.

The cic site shows expected time for processing visitor visa from India is 46 days.

If someone got visitor visa recently please let me know your timelines.

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Thank you. So what is the difference between applying for visitor visa through this portal and applying through gc key?
The difference is based on the person you talk to. Some say that the applications submitted via the new portal gets processed faster. However, there are people who submitted their application via the old GCkey website - they too got approved fast. So it depends on case to case basis.

ionbhattacharya

Jun 15, 2020
The difference is based on the person you talk to. Some say that the applications submitted via the new portal gets processed faster. However, there are people who submitted their application via the old GCkey website - they too got approved fast. So it depends on case to case basis.
I am a PR. Applied for my wifes visitor visa as she cannot settle in Canada right now. She is in India. Got biometric done. But since biometric no further updates. Any idea how much time it may take? What is the avg time it is taking at this point?

ionbhattacharya

Jun 15, 2020
I am a PR. Applied for my wifes visitor visa as she cannot settle in Canada right now. She is in India. Got biometric done. But since biometric no further updates. Any idea how much time it may take? What is the avg time it is taking at this point?
Is your visitor visa through the portal approved or progressed?

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Did you submit a new application after September 7? If so, it should have been processed by now. IRCC has asked travellers to resubmit visitor visa application if they had submitted their TRV application before September 7. Checkout https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/ircc-asks-travellers-to-resubmit-visitor-visa-application-if-sent-before-september-7-0919122.html#gs.ibnmsw

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Is your visitor visa through the portal approved or progressed?
I submitted three applications for my parents. Two via the old GCkey portal (on August 15 and October 26). One via the new IRCC portal (on November 3). The eligibility review has started for the October 26th application that was submitted via the old GCKey portal. After that nothing has happened. All applications submitted with biometrics and medicals.

At the same time, you will find people (in this forum) who get their TRV application approved within a week / under 30 business days of submission.

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hello All,
I was hoping to get some details on the required documents for a Biometrics appointment at VFS in Bangalore, India. I see on the website they need copies of the application form, passport bio page and also consent form. Can someone advise on this? Also, what is the vfs consent form? Thanks in advance.

ionbhattacharya

Jun 15, 2020
Did you submit a new application after September 7? If so, it should have been processed by now. IRCC has asked travellers to resubmit visitor visa application if they had submitted their TRV application before September 7. Checkout https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/ircc-asks-travellers-to-resubmit-visitor-visa-application-if-sent-before-september-7-0919122.html#gs.ibnmsw
Yes,
I submitted the application after September 7th.
I got biometric info letter on october 21 and submitted biometric on November 17th. Since then, no further progress. Online status is "Submitted" and no other info. Any suggestion?

I submitted through gc key

Tarig84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2021
Yes,
I submitted the application after September 7th.
I got biometric info letter on october 21 and submitted biometric on November 17th. Since then, no further progress. Online status is "Submitted" and no other info. Any suggestion?

I submitted through gc key
Waiting started from Nov 17 not before

Ajaxman

Dec 9, 2021
Applied for my parents from India
Visit visa Applied on July 30 2021 (initial application )
Biometrics done on : September 21 2021
Visit visa applied on October 21 2021( second application)
background check in progress
PPR : waiting!

Anyone with similar timelines?