+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Jan 21, 2019
Hello All,

I am applying for visit visa for my parents (Father & Mother) through the IRCC portal. As i understand, both applicants need to create application separately, upload all documents for individuals and pay separately.

My question is do they get processed separately as well? Is there a way to merge both the application so all the processes occurs together?

thanks in advance.

jinal parmar

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my parent's visitor visa on this new portal and have a few questions. Could someone please help? I am a PR and inviting them from India, I created a profile using my father's email and added a second application for my mother.

1. Since it's my father's account, under Representative - Are you applying on behalf of someone else? - Do I have to select Yes, Father as the representative for my mom's application? If yes, under whose profile do I select yes?

2. Under - How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD) - Do I put separate bank balances they have in their account or under both profiles put joint total balance? Will that overstate the balance?

3. Did you guys provide 6 months bank statements for your parents and yourself?

4. My dad has a slightly different spelling in his Marriage certificate (one extra 'L'), just adding this spelling under the alias name is that enough?

5. Their passport has our old home address and the new address is only on their Adhar card (National Identity card), anyone had this scenario or different address doesn't matter?

Really appreciate your help, thank you in advance!

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi all. I realize I have asked this before and therefore apologize for the redundant question. But really keen to know how many applicants of the new portal are waiting since mid or early September? Are there several or just a handful? Thanks.

PrasannaGTA

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Hi all. I realize I have asked this before and therefore apologize for the redundant question. But really keen to know how many applicants of the new portal are waiting since mid or early September? Are there several or just a handful? Thanks.
I am waiting from Sept 11

Silver101

Oct 14, 2021
Application for my mom’s TRV (Nigeria)
1st application October 6 (gc key)
Biometrics already on file
2nd application November 4 (ircc portal)
BVL and PPR December 2
Visa Office, Kenya

Reactions: Henry_S

Bony17

May 16, 2021
Application for my mom’s TRV (Nigeria)
1st application October 6 (gc key)
2nd application November 4 (ircc portal)
BVL and PPR December 2
Visa Office, Kenya
Congratulations
At what time did you get the email?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I think just a handful. Most Sep files are cleared. I see current trends point to Mid Oct and beyond. Some Nov applicants are getting a quick decision too from what I see

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I think just a handful. Most Sep files are cleared. I see current trends point to Mid Oct and beyond. Some Nov applicants are getting a quick decision too from what I see
Thanks. Any thoughts why us few Sep applicants would still be waiting? Something wrong with the application or just slipped from radar?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
how do we get to know if our application is being processed or not? and VISA office?
For VV on new portal, some people have eligibility review updates and/or medical. The Visa office will be known in the BVL letter that comes before decision is rolled out.