+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

anil.sharma

Nov 23, 2018
Hi

I am applying for my parents visitor visa on new IRCC portal.

Do we have to upload marriage certificate in the doc section or it's only in the case where one partner is sponsoring the other.

My parents doesn't have the certificate, so just wanted to know before getting into the doc section.

Thanks

mihir1711

Jul 12, 2021
Hi

I am applying for my parents visitor visa on new IRCC portal.

Do we have to upload marriage certificate in the doc section or it's only in the case where one partner is sponsoring the other.

My parents doesn't have the certificate, so just wanted to know before getting into the doc section.

Thanks
In the portal the documents requested are based on the options you choose, so if marriage certificate is asked as a mandatory doc you have to upload something. In case you are from India, you can write on a word doc that the applicants do not have a marriage certificate but are listed as spouse on each other's passport and share common address, also give snapshot of passport of mom and dad which shows name of spouse and address on the last page. My friend uploaded that in place of a marriage certificate and it was accepted and he got PPR.

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
For VV on new portal, some people have eligibility review updates and/or medical. The Visa office will be known in the BVL letter that comes before decision is rolled out.
Thanks for the reply. I have submitted VV for my parents on Oct6th and Biometrics was also updated on the same day, till now there is no other update. Just wondering what to do here?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I have submitted VV for my parents on Oct6th and Biometrics was also updated on the same day, till now there is no other update. Just wondering what to do here?
you can raise a webform if the posted processing time has passed. There is a link for the webform particular to the Portal. All the best

anil.sharma

Nov 23, 2018
In the portal the documents requested are based on the options you choose, so if marriage certificate is asked as a mandatory doc you have to upload something. In case you are from India, you can write on a word doc that the applicants do not have a marriage certificate but are listed as spouse on each other's passport and share common address, also give snapshot of passport of mom and dad which shows name of spouse and address on the last page. My friend uploaded that in place of a marriage certificate and it was accepted and he got PPR.
Thanks

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
you can raise a webform if the posted processing time has passed. There is a link for the webform particular to the Portal. All the best
can u pls provide me with the link to the webform for the new portal? that would be helpful.

PrasannaGTA

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Thanks. Any thoughts why us few Sep applicants would still be waiting? Something wrong with the application or just slipped from radar?
Great question... My simple answer would be "fate".. I simply lost all kinds of positivities thanks to the IRCC

Reactions: BA101

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Visitor Visa Application for parents sent : Oct 14, 2021
Biometrics done : Nov 24. 2021

No updates from IRCC yet