+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Hello,

I wish to visit my husband back in canada. But seing current scenario, which one is better option ro apply spouse open permit ? Or visitor ??

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
Invitation letter is the same as sponsor letter. It is very important. And so is the property document (as they consider it to be proof that your spouse has an asset to go back to). I think the format for the letter should be available on the ircc site somewhere or you can check youtube.
Could you please assist on the property document or business documents? how to present them to the visa officer?

jaydeepdave9

Jun 1, 2018
can anyone reply please?

I’m re applying for my parents VISA on new portal. The old application is still in process, can anyone guide me on below points?

1. what needs to be put as a reason andwhy they are asking for dates? How can we specify that?

2. if we say 25 k in funds available, then do we need to provide proof of exactly that amount?

3. Can we use same bank statements from old application the old ones which I provided in around April month or we need to do it all again?

thank you guys for the help!!

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
I’m re applying for my parents VISA on new portal. The old application is still in process, can anyone guide me on below points?

1. what needs to be put as a reason andwhy they are asking for dates? How can we specify that?

2. if we say 25 k in funds available, then do we need to provide proof of exactly that amount?

3. Can we use same bank statements from old application the old ones which I provided in around April month or we need to do it all again?

thank you guys for the help!!
1. Why are you applying for the visa? Please put that as the reason. They are asking for the dates because they need to know the approximate number of months your parents plan to stay in Canada. Just put some approximate dates - like from 15 December 2021 to 10 May 2022 (you get the idea, right?).

2. Yes. If you say that 25k CAD is available as funds, then the proof should be furnished along with the application. Otherwise, why would you state that amount?

3. IRCC asks us to do this - Make sure to include up-to-date information and, if possible, your previous application number. So I would recommend using the updated bank statements.

mfaiazuddin

Nov 21, 2021
Documents requirements: For me they are asking the following supporting documents
1. Passport/travel document
2. National Identity document
3. Immigration status (Proof)
4. Marriage Certificate
5. US Non immigrant visa - I already have this visa

My question is in the supporting documents they are not asking me Bank statement or employment letter. They are requesting only 5 documents above mentioned. Is that OK if i provide the above only or do i need to provide in the additional documents in the optional documents section . Please advice.

Optional documents:
1. Additional documents: Any additional documents or explanation that you think may assist the processing officer.
2. Employment letter (Current)
3. Consent Personal information

Thanks

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Hello All,
My spouse got PPR request today. Here's our timeline and other info for your reference.

Application date: 09/28/21 through GC Key (1st application)
Biometrics request letter: 09/29/21
Raised web form for delay in biometrics: 09/30/21 as there were no slot available until Nov 10th
Biometric appointment: 11/10/21 at VFS Chennai
Biometrics update in Profile: 11/10/21
PPR letter: 11/15/21

My spouse applied for visitor visa from India(GC Key Online). I'm a Canadian PR, provided invite letter and my bank statement to support her application.

Now, used VFS webform for passport collection, waiting for response from VFS.

Happy to answer any questions.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
Hello All,
My spouse got PPR request today. Here's our timeline and other info for your reference.

Application date: 09/28/21 through GC Key (1st application)
Biometrics request letter: 09/29/21
Raised web form for delay in biometrics: 09/30/21 as there were no slot available until Nov 10th
Biometric appointment: 11/10/21 at VFS Chennai
Biometrics update in Profile: 11/10/21
PPR letter: 11/15/21

My spouse applied for visitor visa from India(GC Key Online). I'm a Canadian PR, provided invite letter and my bank statement to support her application.

Now, used VFS webform for passport collection, waiting for response from VFS.

Happy to answer any questions.
Hello, Could you please provide some info regarding the documents uploaded from your spouse side? like her ties to home country, job or property documents?

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
Hello, Could you please provide some info regarding the documents uploaded from your spouse side? like her ties to home country, job or property documents?
I am a PR here, i have shown my bank statement, salary slips and now thinking of attaching NOA, but not sure what documents should i upload from my spouse side

ind.can

Feb 17, 2018
My husband is planning to go back to Canada from India (who has a valid PR) in Feb. As we got married in Oct 2021, I am trying to apply Visitor Visa using the new IRCC portal.
What would be the correct answer for the question -
Question on portal-- Why do you need a visa? (required)
Option 1 To unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
or
Option 2 To visit family/friends for less than 6 months
or
Option 3 To visit Canada as a tourist

We are hoping that i can get my TRV and travel with him in FEB-2022
Any suggestions, would be helpful!

Thank you in advance.

Jayluv

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
A friend of mine just got PPR
Submitted 11th October 2021 (family of 5)
Biometric request letter 12th oct 2021
Reason for visit : family reunification (with an extended family member)
PPR 25th October 2021

Reactions: mpreetsingh

mihir1711

Jul 12, 2021
A friend of mine just got PPR
Submitted 11th October 2021 (family of 5)
Biometric request letter 12th oct 2021
Reason for visit : family reunification (with an extended family member)
PPR 25th October 2021
application from which country?

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Employment letter, bank statements indicating salaries from employer, letter from employer to return o work on specific day

Navpreet33

Jul 12, 2017
hey guys, I am in big trouble, I will appreciate if anyone can be of help. I applied for Jan intake, submitted my file on Nov 22nd, But I didnt get date for biometrics so I applied without it. The earliest date I'm getting is for December 20, and Canada is going on winter break on 23rd Dec, If anyone who is going for May Intake or Jan intake has booked biometrics appointment before Dec 20, please help me, there are some people who are making business out of biometric appointment by pre booking appointments from multiple accounts and then sell it for 25,000 or so on. Please if someone have extra appointments booked, help. I will appreciate it guys.

R Canada@

Nov 8, 2021
hey guys, I am in big trouble, I will appreciate if anyone can be of help. I applied for Jan intake, submitted my file on Nov 22nd, But I didnt get date for biometrics so I applied without it. The earliest date I'm getting is for December 20, and Canada is going on winter break on 23rd Dec, If anyone who is going for May Intake or Jan intake has booked biometrics appointment before Dec 20, please help me, there are some people who are making business out of biometric appointment by pre booking appointments from multiple accounts and then sell it for 25,000 or so on. Please if someone have extra appointments booked, help. I will appreciate it guys.
Best way just pay the price or fly to other part in India or Nepal or Dubai. That’s the only option