+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Diana96

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Finally PPR Request, Praise the Lord :)
Application Submitted for my parents via IRCC portal: Sept 13, 2023
Upfront medical: Aug 31,2023
BIL received for both parents: Sept 13,2023
Biometrics Done for both parents: Sep 20, 2023
Biometrics completed status for both parents: Sep 20, 2023
Medical Passed both parents: Sep 29,2023
BVL and PPR for both parents: Oct 4, 2023

My dad got Medical surveillance form any idea what that is and whats the procedure. There is no explanation just a form.
Congratulations. Which country did you apply from? And where were the applicants?

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Hello, This is not about SOWP but regarding visiting a spouse.
A spouse of a student currently in Canada wants to apply for a visitor's visa. There is a section that asks for the occupation of the person they are visiting (student). There is no section for student. If the spouse selects the option "Unemployed", do you think it can hinder the chances of the spouse getting the Visit visa?
Some things to note, the spouse has enough money for her own proof of funds. Her in-law in Canada is also inviting her and can provide proof of funds. Does her spouse status of "Unemployed" selected in that occupation section hinder her chances?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A spouse of a student currently in Canada wants to apply for a visitor's visa. There is a section that asks for the occupation of the person they are visiting (student). There is no section for student. If the spouse selects the option "Unemployed", do you think it can hinder the chances of the spouse getting the Visit visa?
Some things to note, the spouse has enough money for her own proof of funds. Her in-law in Canada is also inviting her and can provide proof of funds. Does her spouse status of "Unemployed" selected in that occupation section hinder her chances?
No. The person applying needs to show own proof of funds (in-laws funds do not need to be considered as not immediate nor extended family), travel history, ties to return and reason to travel. With spouse in Canada, chances of refusal are higher because no family ties in home country.

Reactions: Diana96

Diana96

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Hey,
Do they not have a part time position either? I remember when I applied for my parents’s visitor visa, even though they had enough funds. I still showed my part-time mcdonalds employment and bank statements to strengthen the application.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Hey,
Do they not have a part time position either? I remember when I applied for my parents’s visitor visa, even though they had enough funds. I still showed my part-time mcdonalds employment and bank statements to strengthen the application.
They don't.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
No. The person applying needs to show own proof of funds (in-laws funds do not need to be considered as not immediate nor extended family), travel history, ties to return and reason to travel. With spouse in Canada, chances of refusal are higher because no family ties in home country.
The in-law is inviting them and also stating they will be financially responsible for her. However she has her own funds. It's just wondering if the unemployed status is a negative thing

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The in-law is inviting them and also stating they will be financially responsible for her. However she has her own funds. It's just wondering if the unemployed status is a negative thing
Not a negative thing but in-laws should not state they will be financially responsible. Raising flags that she cannot afford her own visit plus they are not her immediate/extended family. If she has her own funds, then that is best.

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013

ramanboora

Oct 6, 2023
hi, can you please tell me what was the reason you explained not adding refusal letter. i got same today, but dont know what to do next. please help me out,,,, plese reply if you saw my message
@metabug

Diana96

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Anyone struggling to open ircc portal account for new application
Yes, I just tried to login. It says “the connection is not private. The site is impersonated. Hackers may steal your information…”
Tried refreshing, clearing the cache, deleting history, incognito.. nothing worked.

Alice Verma

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Nov 2014 cc charged 21st Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
14th May 2015
Nomination.....
12th Feb 2015
AOR Received.
18th Mar 2015
IELTS Request
already sent
File Transfer...
18th Mar 2015
Med's Request
14th May 2015
Med's Done....
18th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7th July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22nd july 2015
LANDED..........
7th aug 2015 (by gods grace)
hey guys its ppr today!!
to my surprise, during holidays, on sundays !! i got email at 2:28 pm for my mom ppr!!!!!!

thank u Canada visa officer!!!
u may see my timeline in my signature!!