+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Hi,
My sister already has a visitor visa. She recently got married and we are trying to apply visitor visa for her husband. What is the reason we can mention as his purpose of visit? Is it better that we don't mention his relationship with us in the application? Because he is not part of our family right? Please provide me some suggestions

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,
My sister already has a visitor visa. She recently got married and we are trying to apply visitor visa for her husband. What is the reason we can mention as his purpose of visit? Is it better that we don't mention his relationship with us in the application? Because he is not part of our family right? Please provide me some suggestions
He cannot lie about his marital status in the application - Can lead to a Ban
He has to show his own funds, justify purpose of visit & demonstrate home ties

How long are you applying for a visa?
Does he have a job?

What are his home ties?

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
He cannot lie about his marital status in the application - Can lead to a Ban
He has to show his own funds, justify purpose of visit & demonstrate home ties

How long are you applying for a visa?
Does he have a job?

What are his home ties?
He just wants to visit us for a month.
He has a job.
His ties are his job and his parents there.

I meant not specifically mentioning about the relationship with me that they are visiting me. I am not his family right, so he doesn't have to mention me in his family information form. He is my sister's husband.
If he says that his purpose is to visit me rather than a tourism purpose, which reason is better?

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi Everyone, My brother and his wife submitted their Visitor VISA applications using new portal. They chose the Wife as the principal applicant as she has registered to attend a conference in Canada. However in the tracker, both of them appear as Principal applicants.
Has anyone experience similar situation?. Do they need to inform IRCC that the Wife is the principal applicant and Husband is dependent?

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Hi Everyone, My brother and his wife submitted their Visitor VISA applications using new portal. They chose the Wife as the principal applicant as she has registered to attend a conference in Canada. However in the tracker, both of them appear as Principal applicants.
Has anyone experience similar situation?. Do they need to inform IRCC that the Wife is the principal applicant and Husband is dependent?
I don’t think there is anything said as principal applicant or dependent for visitor’s visa , both are applying for visitor visa to visit for different reasons we can say. Also, spouse is not a dependent, a child under 22 can be dependent or older if they have disabilities. You sister-in- law can also apply for business visa but if you are applying as visitor visa that’s also fine. One thing more I want to clarify even when I applied for work permit along with my husband’s work permit, it never said dependent or principal applicant, so I think you shouldn’t be worried.

Reactions: SAKARUN

Isaacdire

May 18, 2023
Hi guys, please i need help on how to book a medical test with the Canada recognized hospital in Nigeria …. Any help on how to go about this pls ?

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
I don’t think there is anything said as principal applicant or dependent for visitor’s visa , both are applying for visitor visa to visit for different reasons we can say. Also, spouse is not a dependent, a child under 22 can be dependent or older if they have disabilities. You sister-in- law can also apply for business visa but if you are applying as visitor visa that’s also fine. One thing more I want to clarify even when I applied for work permit along with my husband’s work permit, it never said dependent or principal applicant, so I think you shouldn’t be worried.
Thanks for the information

guriii12

Nov 30, 2020
ANyone faced this issue where you submitted application for visitor visa and did not receive Biometric letter? I submitted it for my parents on 16th Aug and did not receive BIL yet. As per IRCC website, I should have received it within 24 hours. What should I do?

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
hello, looking for help.

i applied for my parents visitor visa through new portal on may 26, 2023. my dad got his visa on july 10. but, my mom was asked to do her biometrics again on June 27, she completed her re-biometrics on july 11. its been more than a month now and she still hasn't received any update on her application. what can i do?

both are indian nationals, currently in usa on tourist visa visiting my brother.

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
can we contact IRCC via phone for application submitted outside of Canada? specifically looking for a number to call from USA? Its been more than 6 weeks my mom did her re-biometrics but her visa is just not coming through. my dad got it within 4 weeks ( both were family group application) + multiple travels to usa and canada before.

NeenuMariya

Sep 26, 2023
Hi all,

I tried Canadian credit card to pay for courier service. I got this message at the end :

"Payment Gateway confirmation is pending from the bank. Please check your account for deduction of amount after 2 hours else make a new webform request.XXXXXX"

XXXXXX is a 6-digit number. Not sure what that number means. Is this message expected?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi all,

I tried Canadian credit card to pay for courier service. I got this message at the end :

"Payment Gateway confirmation is pending from the bank. Please check your account for deduction of amount after 2 hours else make a new webform request.XXXXXX"

XXXXXX is a 6-digit number. Not sure what that number means. Is this message expected?
If the application is for visitor visa to Canadw, please remember that all services are currently suspended due to ongoing diplomatic tensions. Not sure why you'd even try to apply when they've specifically announced no visa services for both Canada and India.

Vish5244

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi all,

[/QUOTE
Usage limit kazhinjonnu
Hi all,

If the application is for visitor visa to Canadw, please remember that all services are currently suspended due to ongoing diplomatic tensions. Not sure why you'd even try to apply when they've specifically announced no visa services for both Canada and India.
As of now, Canada didn't stopped any visa services for Indians.