+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

KALGI

Jun 27, 2023
Hi to all members ,

I applied for a tourist visa on May 28th , Biometrics done and shows completed. After biometrics my eligibility was first completed then again changed to in progress , last update 15th June it will be 1 month in 2 days since biometrics were completed. No update from the IRCC. Anyone on the same boat. Applied from India. Already had visa earlier but it expired so now I am renewing it.

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Hello everyone,

i have applied for visitor visa for my mother in law (from wife s IRCC account and she is the representative) via the new portal. Here is our timeline:
Submission- June 22
Biometrics collection- June 23
Biometrics completed- June 28
Background check started - June 23 ( in progress )
Eligibility started- June 30 ( Guessing)
Eligibility completed- July3 ( IRCC tracker Portal)
BVL and PPR- Not yet

Can anyone confirm once eligibility is completed ,how many days to receive a ppr or as some people say that the tracker portal will contain the visa details like expiry and document number.

kindly suggest what could be the outcome, once eligibility is completed.
Thank u in advance

Quick update: We just got PPR and BVL letter in the IRCC portal few hrs after the above original post.
Cant believe ! It just took 9 total days to get the Passport request.

hello2018

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
My parents are over for the vacation in Canada. They would be staying around 2 months. Should I apply for parents super visa now? Please let me know what to do? What is the process?

Qamar gujjar

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Whitehorse
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2022
Hello everyone,

i have applied for visitor visa for my mother in law (from wife s IRCC account and she is the representative) via the new portal. Here is our timeline:
Submission- June 22
Biometrics collection- June 23
Biometrics completed- June 28
Background check started - June 23 ( in progress )
Eligibility started- June 30 ( Guessing)
Eligibility completed- July3 ( IRCC tracker Portal)
BVL and PPR- Not yet

Can anyone confirm once eligibility is completed ,how many days to receive a ppr or as some people say that the tracker portal will contain the visa details like expiry and document number.

kindly suggest what could be the outcome, once eligibility is completed.
Thank u in advance
Do you see document number, once there is document number it means approved

we have document number and still waiting for PPR

see my timeline in next reply

Qamar gujjar

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Whitehorse
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2022
COR: Pakistan
Applied: 12 June 2023
BIL: 12 June 2023
Biometrics completed: 27 June 2023
Eligibility completed: July 03 2023
BVL: July 03,2023
Document number updated in tracker: July 04,2023
PPR: Not yet

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My parents are over for the vacation in Canada. They would be staying around 2 months. Should I apply for parents super visa now? Please let me know what to do? What is the process?
Process here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html

You can't apply for super visa while parents are in Canada. Super visa can be applied only when they are outside Canada.

From the link

2. Apply for a super visa

You must apply online with the IRCC Portal for a super visa and be outside Canada when you apply.

afrose399

Sep 16, 2016
I am on a Work Permit in Toronto with a full-time job (Valid until 2026). Can I sponsor my parents without showing any funds in their account ?? I can show that I have funds and I can take care of them. Is it doable for a visitor visa ?
Any suggestion would be really helpful.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am on a Work Permit in Toronto with a full-time job (Valid until 2026). Can I sponsor my parents without showing any funds in their account ?? I can show that I have funds and I can take care of them. Is it doable for a visitor visa ?
Any suggestion would be really helpful.
You can invite them, not sponsor them. If you only show your own funds then chances of refusal are high. They need to show that the can afford their visit to Canada. They need to show funds, travel history and ties to return (job letter with approved leave, business, investment properties etc.).

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the quick response. I have applied on New portal from Canada on behalf of applicant in India.

So last update is on July 3 on the tracker portal on the top right side updated on July 3 and the activity sections shows Eligibility is completed and Background in Progress.

So i should expect any time soon PPR ? but some people say if eligibility is completed then the Document section will contain the Visa umber and expiry ? but my case it is still empty ? anything to be concerned of ? Kindly let me know

Regards,
Sandy
In same scenario, Eligibility updated to Completed from Not Started, BGC is in Progress.

Sweet jesus

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Anyone help pls . My visitor visa got approved but now I'm traveling to Uk .. Can I submit my passport in Uk for stamp .. I'm from Nigeria

timeline: submission: March 6,2023
Passport request : July 6,2023

Reactions: tommy_2k23

Ak chd

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
28-01-2016
LANDED..........
20-02-2016
Hi to all members ,

I applied for a tourist visa on May 28th , Biometrics done and shows completed. After biometrics my eligibility was first completed then again changed to in progress , last update 15th June it will be 1 month in 2 days since biometrics were completed. No update from the IRCC. Anyone on the same boat. Applied from India. Already had visa earlier but it expired so now I am renewing it.
I have applied for my brother also same thing happened to his application first eligibility was completed and than it change to progress again.

He also used to have canada visitor visa before just renewing it last update on application was 7 June