+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello members

i am PR of canada but currently in india. I got married in february and got pregnant. I have very complicated pregnancy so cant travel back to canada. But now my doctor said its safe to travel. I applied for my husband’s visitor visa as i dont have any support in canada. What are chances of approval.
I explained the situation in my letter and attached doctor’s letter to the application.
No one can predict chances as no one here is IRCC officer. But If I have to speculate, my personal opinion is that you should not have added this information in the letter. Because it gives your husband reason not to return to home country at the end of his visit.

But again it all depends on other factors too

1. How long did you say the visit is going to be in the visa application?
2. What kind of job does your husband have?
3. Does he have properties in India? How much funds did you show in his name?
4. What other proofs have you given for strong home ties?

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Hello Dear Members,
All May applicant please share your timelines and updated information.
Thanks

Miravrasaniya

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hello,

My friend has been revoked from the port of entry from the USA. He already has a Canada visitor visa but now it's expired. He wants to apply again for a Canadian visitor visa. I have a few questions, greatly appreciated it if anyone can share their knowledge and experience.

- Does USA revoked thing affect Canadian visitor visa application?
- What specific things to keep in mind while applying for a Canada visitor visa?
- Do he need to attach any specific explanation letter/documentation?
- Do he need to take Immigration agent/lawyer assistance or can apply on his own?
- Do anyone have a similar situation or heard this kind of case?

Thank you.

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Hello,

My friend has been revoked from the port of entry from the USA. He already has a Canada visitor visa but now it's expired. He wants to apply again for a Canadian visitor visa. I have a few questions, greatly appreciated it if anyone can share their knowledge and experience.

- Does USA revoked thing affect Canadian visitor visa application?
- What specific things to keep in mind while applying for a Canada visitor visa?
- Do he need to attach any specific explanation letter/documentation?
- Do he need to take Immigration agent/lawyer assistance or can apply on his own?
- Do anyone have a similar situation or heard this kind of case?

Thank you.
I believe you should go through a immigration lawyer.

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone, I am a PR in Canada and taking a chance to apply TRV for my spouse who is in India.
I have couple of questions:
1. What should be in the answer to "* Will your spouse/common-law partner accompany you to Canada? (required) "
2. I do not see sections to upload invitation letter, statement of purpose, etc. Do i need to merge everything into "Additional Documents" and submit?
I only see these options:
Supporting docs: National ID, Passport, Funds, and
Optional docs: Consent personal information, Employer letter(current) and Additional Documents

Please help urgently. Thanks in advance.

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
Hi everyone, I am a PR in Canada and taking a chance to apply TRV for my spouse who is in India.
I have couple of questions:
1. What should be in the answer to "* Will your spouse/common-law partner accompany you to Canada? (required) "
2. I do not see sections to upload invitation letter, statement of purpose, etc. Do i need to merge everything into "Additional Documents" and submit?
I only see these options:
Supporting docs: National ID, Passport, Funds, and
Optional docs: Consent personal information, Employer letter(current) and Additional Documents

Please help urgently. Thanks in advance.
1. If she is planning to come with you then answer yes. In other words, if applicant is coming with spouse to Canada then select yes. I believe it will be No as you are currently in Canada and she is in in other country.
2. Yes merge everything.

Rachael03

Dec 20, 2021
I applied since December 2021 on the new portal and no response yet. I have raised a web form in July and they said they don’t have any other information aside what’s on the profile. I have requested for GMC note but nothing yes. Please who else is in my shoes? It’s actually for my parent

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I applied since December 2021 on the new portal and no response yet. I have raised a web form in July and they said they don’t have any other information aside what’s on the profile. I have requested for GMC note but nothing yes. Please who else is in my shoes? It’s actually for my parent
Re-apply - you'll get money back for one application and will get a result this time within 2-4 weeks

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
Re-apply - you'll get money back for one application and will get a result this time within 2-4 weeks
What? Money back how? I applied on GC key portal on March 11th 2021 and no movement till date, then applied using the new portal on Aug 3rd and no news from there? There is no specific time line and no idea what IRCC is doing...i just saw on August thread that someone who applied on August 15th got the visa yesterday.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
What? Money back how? I applied on GC key portal on March 11th 2021 and no movement till date, then applied using the new portal on Aug 3rd and no news from there? There is no specific time line and no idea what IRCC is doing...i just saw on August thread that someone who applied on August 15th got the visa yesterday.
Once your file is opened, the new one, or the old one, whichever, they'll see that there are two applications open for the same UCI #s, and at that point you'll get money back for one. If someone got a quick approval, is because they have an existing Canadian Visa, or expired Canadian Visa, or existing USA visa, or history of travel to EU, USA, AU, NZ, Canada. Or they had an existing file that everything was done, but had been pending deep in system, and a new application triggered the old file as well.

mynickname

Sep 1, 2022
I just realized that I reversed my Spouse's given and family name in IMM5257e application form. I only realized it when I went to biometrics to the USCIS ASC. Is there any way I can change my application at this stage. TIA

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I just realized that I reversed my Spouse's given and family name in IMM5257e application form. I only realized it when I went to biometrics to the USCIS ASC. Is there any way I can change my application at this stage. TIA
Webform update - if you've successfully given biometric, still no issue. But you can always send a webform, even attach an updated application, so they are aware that you made the correction. IRCC can make serious errors and not be held accountable for, but as an applicant, even missing a dot over the i, they can hold it all against you.

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
Once your file is opened, the new one, or the old one, whichever, they'll see that there are two applications open for the same UCI #s, and at that point you'll get money back for one. If someone got a quick approval, is because they have an existing Canadian Visa, or expired Canadian Visa, or existing USA visa, or history of travel to EU, USA, AU, NZ, Canada. Or they had an existing file that everything was done, but had been pending deep in system, and a new application triggered the old file as well.
Ok this great piece of information...

1) So are you saying that I should have linked the old UCI from GC key site (which i applied on March 11 tyh 2021) while applying for new a VISA application using the new portal to get my money back?
2) Where will the money come back to... my CC?
3) Just curious to know your opinion... my 2 year old child's canada visa regarding which the above conversation is about has a valid US visa, how come she still hasn't got a canada visa after 1.6 years?
4) What do you mean pending deep in the system...obviously this is a server right? not a paper based file where something can get buried deep down?

Apologies in advance if I'm coming forward as needling :)...It is so frustrating that IRCC has no standardised form of processing the application or we are not aware of how the systems works.

I just felt that you seem to have a great deal of understanding on how the system works and just trying to ask more questions to get more clarifications. Thanks in advance. Peace