+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

NitinJuyal

May 26, 2019
Hi guys, I just checked that there is something known as CAN+ visa processing. If you have visited Canada in last 10 years or if you currently have valid US non-immigrant visa. Under this, visas are processed on priority basis and people generally get results in 3 to 5 working days. Their case is generally processed in CPC, rather than local visa offices which are pathetic (Delhi IRCC takes 5 to 6 working days just to put visa sticker for approved cases, so you can imagine). They also don't need to submit any financial documents, probably that's the reason why many people didn't had the financial document section for uploading.

I was mentioning it here as I saw many posts/conversation where people mentioned having US visa does not have any impact on US visa process. So I am not sure how many people dont know about it. I don't know the situation due to COVID, but getting US visa was quite straightforward. One can give US visa interview, can give reason like holiday in Hawaii, and kids would be joining from Canada. Get US visa and then apply for Canadian visa, when you are sure it would be processed in Canada CPC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=877&top=16

https://www.uiis.ca/visitor-visa-can/#:~:text=Answer: CAN+ is a program,of their Canadian visa application.
I have applied visitor visa for my parents who are in India and both hold USA non-immigrant visa. I applied in January and still have no update.
Not sure if the file was sent for expedited processing.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
I have applied visitor visa for my parents who are in India and both hold USA non-immigrant visa. I applied in January and still have no update.
Not sure if the file was sent for expedited processing.
Did you apply with the new portal? Unfortunately it seems Canada is not good at responding to applications. I think it won't hurt to put a fresh application.

ShahidWS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Applied via new portal for my parents visit visa on 17th Feb 2022. Got biometrics letter on 18th Feb and it was submitted on 8th Mar 2022.
I noticed that the biometrics number and date were updated the same day under the Application information section on the top right corner.
However when I scroll down, it still says 'We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.'

I've read about this earlier and I believe it is a glitch. But is there anyone else who has faced this problem? Its almost been a month now

pratik peter

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Applied via new portal for my parents visit visa on 17th Feb 2022. Got biometrics letter on 18th Feb and it was submitted on 8th Mar 2022.
I noticed that the biometrics number and date were updated the same day under the Application information section on the top right corner.
However when I scroll down, it still says 'We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.'

I've read about this earlier and I believe it is a glitch. But is there anyone else who has faced this problem? Its almost been a month now
It's a glitch...as long as you see biometric number and date on top its completed

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Application Submitted: Feb 28th, 2022
Biometrics Submitted: March 6th, 2022

Still processing background check..

---

Holy shit man, it takes almost a full year on average to process a visitor visa from Egypt ?

That is a damn long time.

iole

Sep 22, 2012
1st App (GC Key): July 22, 2021
Biometrics Request: July 23, 2021
Biometrics Completion: August 3, 2021

Then heard of the CIC updates for VV applications sent prior to September 7, 2021 about IRCC portal.

2nd App (IRCC Portal): January 31, 2022
BVL and PPR: March 6, 2022
Passport Sent: March 14, 2022
Passport Received: March 16, 2022
Visa Validity: 7 years (based on passport expiry)
Entry: Multiple
Visa Office: Philippines
Processing Time per CIC site: 45 days
Actual Processing Days: 34

Mom's Age: turning 70
Funds: None shown (no bank account back home)
Travel History: None
Ties to home country: Property title, 2 children who are in their 40s, and grandchildren.
Intented Stay in the Letter of Invitation: 5 months
Reason of Visit: Reunite with Immediate Family
and explore the beauty of Canada.
Expenses: Airfare, travel insurance, accommodation, meals, etc. to be shouldered by child (inviter)
Hi Chelsea,
Do you mind sharing what proof of funds did you provide from your part since your Mom did not provide anything? I am also submitting an application for my mother-in-and she also does not have any funds to show, though in her case she will be staying for only a month. I was wondering if an invitation letter, employment letter, pay stubs and T4 will be enough proof of funds from myself and my husband.
TIA.

Reactions: 2cookies

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021

---

Holy shit man, it takes almost a full year on average to process a visitor visa from Egypt ?

That is a damn long time.
The CIC processing time tool is trash, people usually get it within 2 months in Egypt, hopefully I don't have to wait all this time..

There is this note underneath the amount of days that mentions you can get the visa before the listed days.

chelsea

Sep 19, 2011
Hi Chelsea,
Do you mind sharing what proof of funds did you provide from your part since your Mom did not provide anything? I am also submitting an application for my mother-in-and she also does not have any funds to show, though in her case she will be staying for only a month. I was wondering if an invitation letter, employment letter, pay stubs and T4 will be enough proof of funds from myself and my husband.
TIA.
Hi Iole. I submitted my documents only. Invitation letter, employment letter, 4 months of bank statements with 10k funds, and paystubs from part time employment. Commission statements from self employment. A page summarizing total income for year 2021 from both employment and self emp.

Good luck on your MIL's VV app.

Reactions: iole

shoaibjaan003

May 12, 2019
Hi everyone I has been applied visitor visa in July 2020 through the GC Key and still processing and again I applied through new IRCC portal and same processing showing on both application still not start review your eligibility.

We will tell you when we start Eligibility.

Anyone tell me about that please. Thanks

anuatmail

Mar 29, 2020

I see the same with my parents application

Reactions: ShahidWS

Guriarora18

Jul 16, 2020
Hi everyone, i've benefitted from canada visa forum during my PR process and i am back to ask for your guys's help again.

I am a permanent resident and i would like to apply for my sister's visitor visa thru new portal but i dont know what are the required documents to make the case stronger and have the highest chances of approval.

She is a housewife and a mother of 2 kids. She just wants to visit me for about a month just by herself.

She has equivalent to $8k funds in her indian bank account. I will be supporting her whole trip from tickets to food and accomodation.

Please advice about the required documents and everything else.

Thank You!!

Reactions: 2cookies