+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
Applied for my brother vistor through new ircc portal. Application submitted on 21st march
Biometric request 23 march
Biometric done 29 march
PPR 1 April.
is he working, married? how much funds u hv showed? what about his travel history and home ties?

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Applied for my brother vistor through new ircc portal. Application submitted on 21st march
Biometric request 23 march
Biometric done 29 march
PPR 1 April.
What is the dates you gave for travel?
Did you submit through gckey or ircc?
What was the purpose of visit?

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi guys, I just checked that there is something known as CAN+ visa processing. If you have visited Canada in last 10 years or if you currently have valid US non-immigrant visa. Under this, visas are processed on priority basis and people generally get results in 3 to 5 working days. Their case is generally processed in CPC, rather than local visa offices which are pathetic (Delhi IRCC takes 5 to 6 working days just to put visa sticker for approved cases, so you can imagine). They also don't need to submit any financial documents, probably that's the reason why many people didn't had the financial document section for uploading.

I was mentioning it here as I saw many posts/conversation where people mentioned having US visa does not have any impact on US visa process. So I am not sure how many people dont know about it. I don't know the situation due to COVID, but getting US visa was quite straightforward. One can give US visa interview, can give reason like holiday in Hawaii, and kids would be joining from Canada. Get US visa and then apply for Canadian visa, when you are sure it would be processed in Canada CPC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=877&top=16

https://www.uiis.ca/visitor-visa-can/#:~:text=Answer: CAN+ is a program,of their Canadian visa application.

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
Hello All,

I am re-applying visitor visa for my parents through the new portal (last application was in july 21 and no response so far).
Hope, you can clarify on a couple of my doubts:
1) I am inviting them and in the letter, i have mentioned that i will bear costs for their stay here. on the portal, there are a couple of questions.
a) How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD)
For this one, i will mention parents account balances.
b)Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada?
What should be answer to this one.. although, i will be taking care of costs etc, should the answer to this be no as, there wouldnt be any money transfer as such.

2) For past activities section/current job/title,
Father has a self owned business but, i do not find exact relevant job title/role description in the options.
work/activity: Business, finance and administration occupations
job title : Other service support and related occupations
Hope, we can just go ahead with the nearest match ...
Hello All, hope someone can help with my query . Thanks in advance

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi guys, I just checked that there is something known as CAN+ visa processing. If you have visited Canada in last 10 years or if you currently have valid US non-immigrant visa. Under this, visas are processed on priority basis and people generally get results in 3 to 5 working days. Their case is generally processed in CPC, rather than local visa offices which are pathetic (Delhi IRCC takes 5 to 6 working days just to put visa sticker for approved cases, so you can imagine). They also don't need to submit any financial documents, probably that's the reason why many people didn't had the financial document section for uploading.

I was mentioning it here as I saw many posts/conversation where people mentioned having US visa does not have any impact on US visa process. So I am not sure how many people dont know about it. I don't know the situation due to COVID, but getting US visa was quite straightforward. One can give US visa interview, can give reason like holiday in Hawaii, and kids would be joining from Canada. Get US visa and then apply for Canadian visa, when you are sure it would be processed in Canada CPC.

https://www.uiis.ca/visitor-visa-can/#:~:text=Answer: CAN+ is a program,of their Canadian visa application.

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018

Thank you sir for this information. I did not know about this CAN+. My parents and I will be renewing our visitor visa and we have been to Canada in the last 10 years and have a valid US non-immig visa. I also did not find a "financial document" section but I assumed this is because we are renewing.

LovejitSingh

Dec 15, 2020

Thanks Rohan for the information. I got a question, does this CAN+ applies to super visa applications as well? So for eg, my parents held normal visitor visa in the past 10 years and it got expired. So I am planning to apply for super visa for them. Will this new super visa application be considered under CAN+ ?

Appreciate you answering my question. thanks

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Thanks Rohan for the information. I got a question, does this CAN+ applies to super visa applications as well? So for eg, my parents held normal visitor visa in the past 10 years and it got expired. So I am planning to apply for super visa for them. Will this new super visa application be considered under CAN+ ?

Not very sure as I just moved to Canada around 7 weeks back :). I think supervisa can be little more complicated because of medicals.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Thank you sir for this information. I did not know about this CAN+. My parents and I will be renewing our visitor visa and we have been to Canada in the last 10 years and have a valid US non-immig visa. I also did not find a "financial document" section but I assumed this is because we are renewing.
No need to say sir :). Yeah, but in my case I did upload financials in additional documents. I think it doesn't hurt if you can. I just uploaded my employment letter, online bank statements and parents online bank statements.

qwertycs

Jun 17, 2016
I applied for my father's visitor visa (last visitor visa got expired) on CIC old portal and already paid fees. Can I cancel that request and apply on new IRCC portal for quicker turn-around time.

Just wondering if fee would be re-funded or not?

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018

No for supervisa because the finance will be depends on the inviter. But it is a good start if your parents have previous Canada or US visa.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
I applied for my father's visitor visa (last visitor visa got expired) on CIC old portal and already paid fees. Can I cancel that request and apply on new IRCC portal for quicker turn-around time.

Just wondering if fee would be re-funded or not?
Your case should be quick, don’t worry about re-applying to the new portal.

Reactions: qwertycs

Firebeard55

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hi,

I have received my BVL on March 11th but still haven't received a decision.

Application submitted - March 4
Biometric collection letter - March 5
Biometric completed - March 8
BVL - March 11

Still waiting for decision..
I applied on the same day but i got my BVL on march 14 no new update.