+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Kesiyasebastian

Sep 20, 2019
NL
I have submitted my parents application along with my brother who is 35 year old and dependent on my parents due to cerebral palsy. submitted on Jan 26 and still waiting for reply .....Review started on march 04th ...no update since then ......
Let me know update in your case. Not sure what is the problem in my case. Submitted for the GCMS notes.

Reactions: pratik peter

Kesiyasebastian

Sep 20, 2019
NL
Hi guys, quick question, for this new portal, can we submit additional documents through normal webform as we usually do with the old CGKey?
What I did was attaching all the additional information in the optional session of the new portal. Make sure you compress the combined file to make it less than 2Mb.

Kesiyasebastian

Sep 20, 2019
NL
Which portal did you use? The new one or old GcKey one? I had a session with Youtube consultant "AskKubeir" as I was planning to apply for parents visa immediately after reaching Canada. He mentioned rejection from new IRCC portal is higher for some reason. Also, do they have some previous visas and travel history? That helps a lot at times.

Also, order GCMS notes and booking air tickets is never recommended before getting visa. I think showing more liquid money is preferred. Also, not sure how they interpret the application. Not sure if they consider sibiling medical expenses in Canada? It's bit hard to predict, GCMS notes might explain something.
I used the new portal. My mother had a visit visa rejection in the past with not a strong documentation done by a paid representative and it was back in 2019. I have ordered a GCMS note this yesterday. I am not sure if they should worried about sibling's medical expense as I had taken medical insurances already and she don't have any medication so far.

As per the GCMS notes in the first application only for my mother, the reason was "considering the economic conditions and employment prospects in home country, and taking into the account factors including travel history, economic establishment and family ties. I am not satisfied that the applicant would respect the terms of admission as a temporary resident in Canada". I completely agree to their points of travel history, economic establishment and family ties in the previous statement as my lawyer didn't submitted those documents with the first application and I was nots aware about the critical role of these info. My mother is a government employee in a clerical role of panchayat, so didn't understand the statement related to employment prospects in home country . This time I made sure these gaps are filled, except her travel history. Still the same rejection.

Last edited:

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
What I did was attaching all the additional information in the optional session of the new portal. Make sure you compress the combined file to make it less than 2Mb.
no, that’s I get it, but I asked like submit additional docs after you submitted the main app already.

Harsha999

Apr 25, 2013
Posting my timelines here for reference

Feb 20, 2022: TRV visa application submitted in the CIC portal
Feb 22, 2022: Biometrics Invitation Letter
Submitted Biometrics Appointment request to VFS Hyderabad
With-in 5 min, VFS provided a date to give Biometrics
Feb 25, 2022: Biometrics given at VFS Hyderabad
Mar 10, 2022: Original Passport Request correspondence in the CIC portal
Mar 11, 2022: Passport pick-up request placed with VFS Hyderabad
Mar 14, 2022: BlueDart picked up the Passport
Mar 17, 2022: Delivered to VFS Chennai office
Mar 17, 2022: VFS Chennai dispatched the passport to IRCC Bangalore Location
Mar 18, 2022: Acknowledgement from VFS that Passport reached IRCC Bangalore
Mar 23, 2022: Decision Envelope dispatched from IRCC Bangalore directly to applicant address via BlueDart
Mar 24, 2022: Passport delivered to Hyderabad by BlueDart

Reactions: pdhanas and nyiable

gsanthar

Mar 27, 2015
Posting my timelines here for reference

Feb 20, 2022: TRV visa application submitted in the CIC portal
Feb 22, 2022: Biometrics Invitation Letter
Submitted Biometrics Appointment request to VFS Hyderabad
With-in 5 min, VFS provided a date to give Biometrics
Feb 25, 2022: Biometrics given at VFS Hyderabad
Mar 10, 2022: Original Passport Request correspondence in the CIC portal
Mar 11, 2022: Passport pick-up request placed with VFS Hyderabad
Mar 14, 2022: BlueDart picked up the Passport
Mar 17, 2022: Delivered to VFS Chennai office
Mar 17, 2022: VFS Chennai dispatched the passport to IRCC Bangalore Location
Mar 18, 2022: Acknowledgement from VFS that Passport reached IRCC Bangalore
Mar 23, 2022: Decision Envelope dispatched from IRCC Bangalore directly to applicant address via BlueDart
Mar 24, 2022: Passport delivered to Hyderabad by BlueDart
Congrats!!! is it your first canada visa application, or did you have canada /US/UK visa earlier in the past

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
I used the new portal. My mother had a visit visa rejection in the past with not a strong documentation done by a paid representative and it was back in 2019. I have ordered a GCMS note this yesterday. I am not sure if they should worried about sibling's medical expense as I had taken medical insurances already and she don't have any medication so far.

As per the GCMS notes in the first application only for my mother, the reason was "considering the economic conditions and employment prospects in home country, and taking into the account factors including travel history, economic establishment and family ties. I am not satisfied that the applicant would respect the terms of admission as a temporary resident in Canada". I completely agree to their points of travel history, economic establishment and family ties in the previous statement as my lawyer didn't submitted those documents with the first application and I was nots aware about the critical role of these info. My mother is a government employee in a clerical role of panchayat, so didn't understand the statement related to employment prospects in home country . This time I made sure these gaps are filled, except her travel history. Still the same rejection.
Hmm, yeah financial documents are very critical and you should give them as much as possible. I also feel invitation letter has to be very brief, and advocate why parents need to go back to India. If you mother employment is a pensioned one, you have to make a very strong yet subtle point in letter about that. Something like, "parents would be staying with us for brief 3 weeks, as mother's government employment has limited vacation and continued employment is vital for their retirement benefits". I tried to do on the fly, but can make it more reasonable.

In my case, I showed parent's saving of around 12k CAD and father's pension slips. It doesn't need to be a lot but anything they have also shows their independence. Sometimes they consider your household income too and number of family members (including parents) which shouldn't be issue assuming both you and your spouse are working.

What I personally feel (and I may be wrong) is if possible, getting some visas and travel history can boost their case. Like if they get a Dubai or Singapore visa, make a visit. If not visit, maybe having some valid visa (like US visa) can boost their case. Like you are planning a vacation in Hawaii and parents are also planning to come and get together winters (Canadian winters are not pretty is a good reason :) ). US B1/B2 process was quite straightforward, as it's interview, you pass or you fail but due to COVID that also has wait times I think. Because that would bring some change to their profile from last two times. Every trip to a developed country you make and return, adds to your benefit.

I am not an immigration expert, but this is my personal takeaway.

Reactions: Kesiyasebastian

jane66

Nov 7, 2018
Hello, first of all, I wish the best of luck to everyone who wait for their visa.

I will be applying for my parent's visitor visa soon however they don't have any travel history. I'm inviting them for my engagement for 10 days.
Is there anyone whose visa was approved with no travel history?

I've recently heard two rejections from friends, even they have travel history, so I'm very sad and waiting for your news or recommendations, thank you.

Jasr19

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-DEC-2014
Doc's Request.
Proof of Relationship 20-05-2015
Nomination.....
PER 09-MAR-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
LANDED..........
Planing for April 2016
Hello all,

I got PPR for my sister's Visitor Visa but not for my brother-in-law. Is it normal to get separate approvals even if applying together ?

Timeline:

Applied on new portal March 6, 2022
Biometrics already done in 2019 (valid until 2029)

PPR for my sister (Today)

Visa Office is Buenos Aires (applying from Chile)

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hello all,

I got PPR for my sister's Visitor Visa but not for my brother-in-law. Is it normal to get separate approvals even if applying together ?

Timeline:

Applied on new portal March 6, 2022
Biometrics already done in 2019 (valid until 2029)

PPR for my sister (Today)

Visa Office is Buenos Aires (applying from Chile)
Yes sometimes that happens. By the way, how do you know about the specific visa office. Is it written on sister's biometrics validity letter.

Magic member

Mar 31, 2022
Hi guys need some urgent help in reference to my post # 2384. So my parents visa is approved, just received the message 10 minutes back. But my parents passport is with UK VFS. What should I do, should I request extension of PPR by another month? As UK might take another 5 weeks.

Application submission: March 13, 2022
Biometrics Letter: March 14, 2022
Biometrics: March 21, 2022
Eligibility Review Start: March 24, 2022
Approval: March 24, 2022
you can keep your parents passport for UK visa. in that case you need to pay additional money to avail this service. your parents can resubmit passport to VFS (UK) after decision made.

shubh_27

Mar 31, 2022
I have applied for the TRV (GSS) through the new portal
Application submission: March 04, 2022
Biometrics Letter: March 05, 2022
Biometrics: March 09, 2022
Eligibility Review Start: Not yet
Approval: Not yet

Can anyone share when can I expect my review start/ PPR?. Thanks.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
you can keep your parents passport for UK visa. in that case you need to pay additional money to avail this service. your parents can resubmit passport to VFS (UK) after decision made.
Yep thats what they did. I was not the process during their UK application submission but found about this after this case. It was bit brutal, they had to wait at UK VFS for 3.5 hours but were able to get the passport. UK VFS has no contact information or email given for help which is weird.

The weird part was online it was showing visit visa in India taking upto 90 days and they got PPR within 72 hours of biometrics :)

Angienanti

Dec 17, 2021
hey everyone.how do you contact mp.like our applications where iam from are processed in daressalaam.foni contact mp of my country or daressalaam??

Gill07

May 5, 2020
Parents TRV timelines through New portal ( Approved) INDIA (Punjab)

Application submission- 28 February 2022
Biometrics Request- 2 March 2022
Biometrics completed-7 March 2022 ( Jalandhar)
Biometrics updated on file - 15 March 2022
PPR requested-30 March 2022

Good luck to all who are waiting for the results for their applications.