+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

LovejitSingh

Dec 15, 2020
It has to be under either of your parent's name.

If your parents can do the online application eg. if your father and mother are able to do it, then your father can apply under his name and use the "add member" to apply for your mother's visa.

If they are unable to do the online application. You will need to apply under your father's/mother's name. There's a "representative section" and the question is "are you applying on behalf of someone else" choose yes and you will be the "representative" of your parents. Then the questions under that is regarding the identity of the representative, which in this case is you.
ok so basically I have to create an IRCC Portal account for my father I guess. and then fill out the info by myself on their behalf. Also, fill out the representative form. Hope I got that right. thanks a lot

LovejitSingh

Dec 15, 2020
Applied for my parent's visitor visa. I received PPR today. Below is the timeline for reference.

Applied on IRCC portal: 4th March
Biometrics Request: 5th March
Biometrics Completed: 9th March
BVL and PPR: 23rd March
Hello Fren,
Can I ask if you have any sample for an invitation letter that I can take a reference from? I am trying to apply for the first time so need help. Thanks

pratik peter

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Have you everyone received the PPR or waiting, notified by an email for the eligibility review start? I consider the eligibility review start as a indication for someone is picked our application, not certain though. How long it takes to get the decision after the eligibility review started?
My parents visitor visa file review started March 04 ...No updates after that. I didn't get any email notifications about eligibility review start and it was updated online account. Many gets their visa without any change in status

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
ok so basically I have to create an IRCC Portal account for my father I guess. and then fill out the info by myself on their behalf. Also, fill out the representative form. Hope I got that right. thanks a lot
Yes. You're welcome. Note that I haven't tried the IRCC portal method because I prefer the GC Key portal.

Viki21a

Feb 4, 2021
Hi Guys,

I am on a temp resident on a work permit and trying to apply for my parents TRV. I got stuck at the very first question and was hoping to get some clarity.

* Why do you need a visa? (required)
To be with a loved one who is critically ill or dying
To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support
To attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony
To join a vessel as a marine crew member
To take up a diplomatic posting in Canada
To travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752To visit Canada as a tourist
To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker
To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)For business reasons, like a meeting, conference, event, or training
For a medical procedure (scheduled) or treatment
To study without a permit for less than 6 monthsTo work without a permit
Not sure

The closest and best option in my opinion is "To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker" but that too seems wrong because I am not a dependent child.

Can someone please help me with what option did you guys select?

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hello. I submitted a visitor visa application with all the supporting docs for my wife's mom. Her previous trv is expired, so we are making a new one. She has been to Canada twice already, in 2016 and 2019. She lives in Russia. The starting of the process was really fast, it seems IRCC are also working on weekends.
Application was submitted on March 4th, we received the letter for biometrics on march 6th. She did her biometrics on march 9th. The biometrics number appeared on March 10th. No updates so far. It shows the processing time for trv applications from Russia is 39-40 days. Is this the maximum time or average time?

LovejitSingh

Dec 15, 2020
Hello Friends,
I am applying for a super visa for my parents. When I am filling out the application, there are multiple places where I have to fill in address for my parents. Does this address have to be the same as the address on their passport? They don't really live at the address that it says on the passport anymore so that is where I am confused on what to input in those address fields. Same with the invitation letter. I am not sure what address should I put in the invitation letter for them.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Hello, friends, I need urgent help.

We received the PPR letter on 25th March 2022 and are in process of passport submission to VFS.

I want to know if we can send the scanned copy of the completed Consent Form & Courier Return Form in the courier envelope to VFS.

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Hello, friends, I need urgent help.

We received the PPR letter on 25th March 2022 and are in process of passport submission to VFS.

I want to know if we can send the scanned copy of the completed Consent Form & Courier Return Form in the courier envelope to VFS.

ch1tah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec, 2014
Hi guys need some urgent help in reference to my post # 2384. So my parents visa is approved, just received the message 10 minutes back. But my parents passport is with UK VFS. What should I do, should I request extension of PPR by another month? As UK might take another 5 weeks.

Application submission: March 13, 2022
Biometrics Letter: March 14, 2022
Biometrics: March 21, 2022
Eligibility Review Start: March 24, 2022
Approval: March 24, 2022
Congratulations, can you tell me after biometrics completion did u get any updated letter or status change?

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Congratulations, can you tell me after biometrics completion did u get any updated letter or status change?
After biometrics, no email update. Just the biometrics information showed up in portal. 3 days later, received email about update which was eligibility start, 1 hour later another email update which was about biometrics update and half an hour later about PPR.

Still not sure what to do. Passports are with UK VFS, they dont have any contact information either on their website.

Reactions: nyiable

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi all, I don't know if my parents would be able to take their passport out of UK VFS timely or if Canada extends the PPR. But still some points, which I was confused about while applying. Them might come in handy for someone:

1. There was no section of financial documents, so I uploaded my documents in "Additional Section". Mentioned that in Invitation letter which I used from McGill University: https://www.mcgill.ca/internationalstudents/immigration-documents/inviting-family

2. My parents did not have marriage certificate. So in marriage certificate, I gave an explanation that they were married in religious ceremony and after alternate ID and police verification, passport are issued whose last page have their names in each other spouse.

3. I used all bank statements -my Indian and Canada bank statement along with parents online bank statement and online pension slips for father. I only had 1 bank statement from Canada as I landed in Canada last month, so also took bank letter showing balance. Along with my employment verification letter.

4. Travel history: A valid US B1/B2 visa (as they specifically ask about US visa in the application). Few trips to US for 5 to 6 weeks.

Application submission: March 13, 2022
Biometrics Letter: March 14, 2022
Biometrics: March 21, 2022
Eligibility Review Start: March 24, 2022
Approval: March 24, 2022
Passport Submission: No idea when would that happen.
Passport Received:

Last edited:

miran

Feb 26, 2019
Applied feb 23rd

visitor visa for my parents just got the reply after submitting an webform request.i got the reply within 5 hours after submitting.
-------------------

This message is in response to your enquiry of March 28, 2022.

Please be advised that the application is pending officer and our office will be in touch with you / applicant directly via the online account should we need any additional information or to advise of the next step.

We hope this information will be of assistance.