+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

expressTarun

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Guys, I am going to submit my spousal file for TRV. I am getting below list of space holders to upload the documents. Can someone confirm if this okay? also, I am not sure where do I add Purpose of Travel letter and Invitation letter in these fields. Can someone suggest:

1. Proof of relationship
2. Fund Proof
3. Proof of family member status
4. Passport

Optional documents:

1. Employer Letter
2. Consent form
3. Additional Docs.

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
Hello Every one, Could someone guide me a bit, I had applied for TRV for my spouse and has been refused, Following are the reasons. Should i reapply with some more details? What should i explain to the visa officer?

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hello Every one, Could someone guide me a bit, I had applied for TRV for my spouse and has been refused, Following are the reasons. Should i reapply with some more details? What should i explain to the visa officer?

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
Sorry to hear that..
Please explain the details of your profile/application for each of these points so that someone here may be able to guide you.

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
Sorry to hear that..
Please explain the details of your profile/application for each of these points so that someone here may be able to guide you.

Thank you for responding, I am a Permanent resident, My wife could not come over due to some of her projects back home. She is working and running a business, I applied for her and wanted her to come over during her vacation. I showed my account balance and her account, together make around $ 20 thousand and she will only stay for 3 weeks. Not sure what else would you like to know

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Thank you for responding, I am a Permanent resident, My wife could not come over due to some of her projects back home. She is working and running a business, I applied for her and wanted her to come over during her vacation. I showed my account balance and her account, together make around $ 20 thousand and she will only stay for 3 weeks. Not sure what else would you like to know
I think you are better off applying for the PR. Finish applying for it and then try visitor's again. Have you shown any property in your wife's name?

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
I think you are better off applying for the PR. Finish applying for it and then try visitor's again. Have you shown any property in your wife's name?
No i have not shown any property documents, Should that help? and if i want to write an Invitation letter, how should that be? i have not attached any letter for my side :(

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
No i have not shown any property documents, Should that help? and if i want to write an Invitation letter, how should that be? i have not attached any letter for my side :(
Invitation letter is the same as sponsor letter. It is very important. And so is the property document (as they consider it to be proof that your spouse has an asset to go back to). I think the format for the letter should be available on the ircc site somewhere or you can check youtube.

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
Invitation letter is the same as sponsor letter. It is very important. And so is the property document (as they consider it to be proof that your spouse has an asset to go back to). I think the format for the letter should be available on the ircc site somewhere or you can check youtube.
Thank you very much, Just wondering what are the chances of approval when you apply the 2nd time ?

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
A: Did she show her own funds in her account or was it just the combined funds that you showed?
Ans: If she is working, did you provide her employment letter with the date of rejoining after her vacation?
And did you provide any documents to prove that she is running a business?

Ans : Does she have any previous travel history to countries like US, UK, Australia? This is what they want to see.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Thank you very much, Just wondering what are the chances of approval when you apply the 2nd time ?
Note that it's difficult to get spouse visitor visas approved.
Apply for GCMS notes to know the detailed reasons before applying again. If you are able to address those points, you might be approved.

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
A: Did she show her own funds in her account or was it just the combined funds that you showed?
Ans: If she is working, did you provide her employment letter with the date of rejoining after her vacation?
And did you provide any documents to prove that she is running a business?

Ans : Does she have any previous travel history to countries like US, UK, Australia? This is what they want to see.
Hi, Thank you for responding on it, Yes she showed an amount of $8000 in her account, and attached an employment letter, but unfortunately there was no letter from my side , like an invitation letter. She has no travel history. So now applying the 2nd time with an invitation letter, a letter that says that she needs to rejoin her job/business on a due date, attaching a property documents, you think i should add any thing else

Shah_f298

Nov 1, 2021
Note that it's difficult to get spouse visitor visas approved.
Apply for GCMS notes to know the detailed reasons before applying again. If you are able to address those points, you might be approved.
As you know GCMS notes takes upto 2 months these day, by then her vacation will have ended, please advise any other faster way