+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I heard that by showing/uploading the flight tickets would actually speed up the process. Did anyone here had luck by doing so?
It is a myth. People just try to assign reasons if they get a visa vs not get a visa. Someone's file may be got approved and coincidently may be they uploaded air ticket then they just mention that on forum and then it just gets propagated without any evidence.

tulja

Jul 18, 2022
my parents file was rejected 1st time and now we have reapplied on 7th april still no updates ? any similar situation ? we have put on new portal which is quite fats but still no luck

Kechy332

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27 11 2019
AOR Received.
08-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Applied for my parent's visitor visa. I received PPR today. Below is the timeline for reference.

Applied on IRCC portal: 4th March
Biometrics Request: 5th March
Biometrics Completed: 9th March
BVL and PPR: 23rd March
did you get BVL and PPR together. or the email came at separate times or hours

emerald9415

Jun 11, 2022
If I apply for my parents visitor visa in the new portal do I need to show 4 months or 6 months bank statement as additional proof of funds?

Deepti91

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hi All,

I am a PR living in Canada.
Yesterday, my spouse submitted his visitor visa application from India, on the new portal but missed to attach the invite letter. Only passport was asked in the form as mandatory document to be submitted.
Is there a way to attach the invite letter now to the application?
Is it really very important?

Please guide.

Thanks.

veiron4545

Feb 25, 2022
Its not even 5 working days. My parents received their visa under CAN+ in March 2022. They received CAN+ because of valid US visa, but travel history to Canada should also account.
I have traveled to canada before and currently have valid US b1/b2 visa. My application is still under process since May 1st. Idk how they process some applications over others and call CAN+ faster.

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Any one their application is under review please share the online status wording thanks

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
I have traveled to canada before and currently have valid US b1/b2 visa. My application is still under process since May 1st. Idk how they process some applications over others and call CAN+ faster.
It's a bit odd, as my parents got their visa few months back within couple of days. Somehow the application got missed, its hard to say. All countries haves some or other issue, not sure if Ukraine thing is playing a part. The good thing is Canada doesn't charge any extra fees for CAN+. I applied for UK 6 month visit visa under priority visa, paid $600+ USD instead of regular processing of $130 USD and even after 9 working days no update. They claim to process priority visa in 5 working days, and I have visited UK couple of times.
No phone number or email to reach out to them, and they don't return your passport either.

Jul 19, 2022
Hi there,

Got a quick question:

My PGWP is about to expire in August last but I already got OINP approved. Now waiting for ITA. How can I apply for a visitor visa for my wife through new portal (or even the old one)?

One vague idea I had in my mind is that:
Since WP is about to expire, maybe I can show Immigration that my wife and me need some time in Canada before the expiration and going back. She is also working in India and have all documents to show them about job and investments.

Any words on this case? Really appreciate the help :)

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi All,

I am a PR living in Canada.
Yesterday, my spouse submitted his visitor visa application from India, on the new portal but missed to attach the invite letter. Only passport was asked in the form as mandatory document to be submitted.
Is there a way to attach the invite letter now to the application?
Is it really very important?

Please guide.

Thanks.
Once submitted, you cannot amend the submission

Raise a webform and attach whatever you want to. it wil take time for them acknowledge and attach those docs to your application

Good Luck

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi there,

Got a quick question:

My PGWP is about to expire in August last but I already got OINP approved. Now waiting for ITA. How can I apply for a visitor visa for my wife through new portal (or even the old one)?

One vague idea I had in my mind is that:
Since WP is about to expire, maybe I can show Immigration that my wife and me need some time in Canada before the expiration and going back. She is also working in India and have all documents to show them about job and investments.

Any words on this case? Really appreciate the help :)
You can apply her VV and demonstrate home ties funds and justified purpose of visit

If she is on your PR application already, you have to explain why she needs a TRV and how she will leave the country despite having long term plans within Canada

Old or new, these are mandatory. Good Luck

Reactions: akash.bnarayan