+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Shallysahdev

Jan 20, 2022
Hi everyone,
I had applied for super visa for parents (2nd application attempt) on Mar 24 ,2022. Today I got Passport request for my father but my mother’s application was withdrawn (previous and new both).
How do I go about it ? Does anyone else ran into the same situation? Please help.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi everyone,
I had applied for super visa for parents (2nd application attempt) on Mar 24 ,2022. Today I got Passport request for my father but my mother’s application was withdrawn (previous and new both).
How do I go about it ? Does anyone else ran into the same situation? Please help.
Reapply for her

What reason is stated against the withdrawal?

Shallysahdev

Jan 20, 2022
Reapply for her

What reason is stated against the withdrawal?
no reason mentioned , it says a letter will be sent.
Her medical is expired today as original application was submitted in August 2021 and they had tgeir medical then. I am pregnant and wanted them to be here soon. Do you think reapplying , she can get the visa sooner this time?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
no reason mentioned , it says a letter will be sent.
Her medical is expired today as original application was submitted in August 2021 and they had tgeir medical then. I am pregnant and wanted them to be here soon. Do you think reapplying , she can get the visa sooner this time?
This happened to my son too when his application on GC Key was withdrawn when I applied on the new portal. They never sent me any letter although they mentioned it.

just reapply with a fresh medical if you can and add a letter of explanation asking for quick decision although there is no real way to expedite.

Good Luck

Shallysahdev

Jan 20, 2022
This happened to my son too when his application on GC Key was withdrawn when I applied on the new portal. They never sent me any letter although they mentioned it.

just reapply with a fresh medical if you can and add a letter of explanation asking for quick decision although there is no real way to expedite.

Good Luck
Sure ! Thank you so much for replying .

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi
When issued multiple entry tourist visa....do we need to leave and re enter the country?
Can I apply for PR for my mum while she is visiting ?
Thanks

armlk

Apr 28, 2021
Yes it still exists. My parents got their visa within 3 working days of biometrics.
My parents visited Canada in 2019 so they’re clearly eligible for CAN+. But their current visitor visa application is still under process since July 12. So I’m not sure if CAN+ is that fast for everyone right now.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Can I apply for PR for my mum while she is visiting ?
There is a separate program to be able to sponsor parents / grandparents for PR and it is lottery based. The lottery hasn't happened since 2020. You need to be invited to be able to sponsor your parents for PR.

Reactions: 2cookies

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
My parents visited Canada in 2019 so they’re clearly eligible for CAN+. But their current visitor visa application is still under process since July 12. So I’m not sure if CAN+ is that fast for everyone right now.
Its not even 5 working days. My parents received their visa under CAN+ in March 2022. They received CAN+ because of valid US visa, but travel history to Canada should also account.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
There is a separate program to be able to sponsor parents / grandparents for PR and it is lottery based. The lottery hasn't happened since 2020. You need to be invited to be able to sponsor your parents for PR.
Thanks

anon66991

Jul 17, 2022
Hi

I am currently in Canada and have already applied for my wife’s open work permit and the result is still pending. I also want to apply for my parents visitor visa. Does anyone know if this cause any issues in the open work permit application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

I am currently in Canada and have already applied for my wife’s open work permit and the result is still pending. I also want to apply for my parents visitor visa. Does anyone know if this cause any issues in the open work permit application?
They apply, not you. Your spouse’s application has nothing to do with them

Reactions: 2cookies