+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa Advise

Olivia.2000

Sep 25, 2018
Greetings to all readers.

Im a ugandan lady and would like to visit my friend in Canada. We haven't met before and have been chatting on Facebook for 4years now and know each other pretty well.
Is it possible to have the visa? What do I need to do? I have enough money to support the trip.

Naaseijnr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Greetings to all readers.

Im a ugandan lady and would like to visit my friend in Canada. We haven't met before and have been chatting on Facebook for 4years now and know each other pretty well.
Is it possible to have the visa? What do I need to do? I have enough money to support the trip.
Visiting a friend in Canada doesn't show any strong application, chances of refusal is high... VOs doesn't grant visa that way my dear, find a better reason, than this

Olivia.2000

Sep 25, 2018
Thanks dear, inforunately it's the truth. Means I will just forget. .I have no other reason or intention of visiting Canada than meeting him . perhaps he should visit me here.
Thanks

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You can go to Canada to visit a friend, but you would need to write a good SOP stating what you were going to do, like sightseeing etc. people go and visit friends all the time, so it definitely is possible.

Last edited:

Naaseijnr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Thanks dear, inforunately it's the truth. Means I will just forget. .I have no other reason or intention of visiting Canada than meeting him . perhaps he should visit me here.
Thanks
Well is better than not trying, in such case, you can apply for a tourist, and Include in your application, what you will be doing, there you can include your friends name, and his address and telephone, plus strong statements that shows your strong ties to your home country... @Bryanna please suggest something for her..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well is better than not trying, in such case, you can apply for a tourist, and Include in your application, what you will be doing, there you can include your friends name, and his address and telephone, plus strong statements that shows your strong ties to your home country... @Bryanna please suggest something for her..
The OP needs to post more information.

@Olivia.2000
1. How long do you want to visit?

2. Have you traveled to other visa-required countries (US, UK, EU, Australia, NZ) for short visits?

3. What strong ties can you prove: Employment, property/land ownership, dependent family members, good financial situation, etc?

4. What compelling reasons can you prove to return to Uganda by a specific date after your Canada visit?

Naaseijnr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Olivia I think Bryanna has help you here on the things you need, so you can follow it up.. Everything will b cool for you tho
The OP needs to post more information.

@Olivia.2000
1. How long do you want to visit?

2. Have you traveled to other visa-required countries (US, UK, EU, Australia, NZ) for short visits?

3. What strong ties can you prove: Employment, property/land ownership, dependent family members, good financial situation, etc?

4. What compelling reasons can you prove to return to Uganda by a specific date after your Canada visit?

Naaseijnr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
@Bryanna I had a message in my email account after sendimg them a message to know the status of my application on 11 of September that my application is currently under review,is been 3 weeks I guess I haven't heard anything from them, please is that normal??
I linked my application too online just last week and the message there says is in process

Olivia.2000

Sep 25, 2018
Wish to visit for a 2weeks. I'm employed and compfatable! Why wouldn't I wish to leave Canada! It's never my dream..it's not what I expected actually, why would the embasay need my land titles? It sounds like visiting Canada is a crime that might need a lawyer . Sorry if I sound arrogant but I'm so amazed.

What do you mean by my family members well being? Do I need to provide my siblings information too? I have 2brothers ,both citizens of Sweden. What do I need to provide about them dear?

Thanks for the help

Naaseijnr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Wish to visit for a 2weeks. I'm employed and compfatable! Why wouldn't I wish to leave Canada! It's never my dream..it's not what I expected actually, why would the embasay need my land titles? It sounds like visiting Canada is a crime that might need a lawyer . Sorry if I sound arrogant but I'm so amazed.

What do you mean by my family members well being? Do I need to provide my siblings information too? I have 2brothers ,both citizens of Sweden. What do I need to provide about them dear?

Thanks for the help
That's what you are supposed to provide Olivia, if you want to visit that friend of yours, every country has its own governing laws, thus your opinion isn't needed tho.. So stick to what the expect @Bryanna just stated for you.. Thanks..

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
The more documents you give them proving you have a good stable life and are stable financially, the better it looks for the CIC officer. They are only looking for reasons you may want to stay. To them, all these documents provide proof that you will not stay after your visa expires. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of people that would do that (not saying you would). This happens all over the world, so the government are just trying to protect themselves. Provide as much as you can as proof and you will be fine.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna I had a message in my email account after sendimg them a message to know the status of my application on 11 of September that my application is currently under review,is been 3 weeks I guess I haven't heard anything from them, please is that normal??
I linked my application too online just last week and the message there says is in process
Good to know you could link your application :)

Background checks?

Naaseijnr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Good to know you could link your application :)

Background checks?
Yeah, wasn't easy for me tho.. .. The background checks message reads we are processing your application, we will send you a message when we start background check.. @Bryanna does that mean my application is going to take long?? Because is been 2 months since I applied..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, wasn't easy for me tho.. .. The background checks message reads we are processing your application, we will send you a message when we start background check.. @Bryanna does that mean my application is going to take long?? Because is been 2 months since I applied..
If there are no background checks then you could get a decision soon. Hope you've sent a web form to request for an early decision