+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa- Active review London

haravtarsingh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Biometrics I gave on 3rd july as stated in my post.
I hold Pakistani nationality but living in UK for 3 years and work as a doctor.
Have you been to Canada/US in last 10 years? might be extra checks they are carrying out. A lot of applications are delayed/exceeded normal processing time. You can send another email to expediate the application process. Have the subject as Urgent to LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

ZoTa

Sep 12, 2018
Have you been to Canada/US in last 10 years? might be extra checks they are carrying out. A lot of applications are delayed/exceeded normal processing time. You can send another email to expediate the application process. Have the subject as Urgent to LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Thanks a lot for the reply.

No I haven't travelled to US or Canada in the past.
I have been in touch with LDNIMMIgration - the last email was under active review and when I emailed on this address they asked me to submit another case specific enquiry online which I have done.

Aly_1986

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Hello, Dear Bryanna

As I applied for my TRV from Stockholm, Sweden (with Pakistani Passport), while VFS is London, it has been more than 17 weeks still there is no any response , really I am worried and frustrated about it. Last week I sent the email to London VO and have got following response, can you tell me still how long it will take to get PRR? Thanks

Please note that your application for a visitor visa is currently under active review.

You will be notified via your online account once a decision has been reached.

We trust this information is of assistance to you.

Kind regards,

KBA
Program Assistant, Temporary Resident Unit | Adjointe de Programme, Unité des Résidents Temporaires
Immigration Division | Direction de L’Immigration

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Canadian High Commission | Haut-Commissariat du Canada
Canada House | Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London | Londres
United Kingdom | Royaume Uni
SW1Y 5BJ

ZoTa

Sep 12, 2018
Thanks a lot for the reply.

No I haven't travelled to US or Canada in the past.
I have been in touch with LDNIMMIgration - the last email was under active review and when I emailed on this address they asked me to submit another case specific enquiry online which I have done.
just an update got my final decision on 16th nov with hopefully acceptance they have requested my passport

Aly_1986

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
just an update got my final decision on 16th nov with hopefully acceptance they have requested my passport
Congrats Dear, finally wait over.
I am still in the same situation of long waiting. Can you share your timeline? Also let me know about my following status

As I applied online for my TRV from Stockholm, Sweden (with Pakistani Passport), while VFS is London, it has been more than 18 weeks still there is no any response , really I am worried and frustrated about it. Last week I sent the email to London VO and have got following response, can you tell me still how long it will take to get PRR? Thanks

Please note that your application for a visitor visa is currently under active review.

Kind regards,

KBA
Program Assistant, Temporary Resident Unit | Adjointe de Programme, Unité des Résidents Temporaires

Trafalgar Square
London | Londres
SW1Y 5BJ

ZoTa

Sep 12, 2018
I am still in the same situation of long waiting. Can you share your timeline? Also let me know about my following status

As I applied online for my TRV from Stockholm, Sweden (with Pakistani Passport), while VFS is London, it has been more than 18 weeks still there is no any response , really I am worried and frustrated about it. Last week I sent the email to London VO and have got following response, can you tell me still how long it will take to get PRR? Thanks

Kind regards,

KBA

Trafalgar Square
London | Londres
SW1Y 5BJ

Thanks alot ,
So I applied online - VFS is london.
I applied in June 2018 mid electronically and was asked to submit my biometrics before 5th july 2018.
I submitted biometrics on 3rd july 2018 and my travel dates were mentioned of september and they did not respond at all and only reply I got from the VFS london was under active review and await the final decision.
Final decision - 16th november 2018.

Although my travel plans got all ruined and my husband had to go alone to canada as he had to visit his family and he has a PR card but still happy will plan something next year now.

Aly_1986

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks alot ,
So I applied online - VFS is london.
I applied in June 2018 mid electronically and was asked to submit my biometrics before 5th july 2018.
I submitted biometrics on 3rd july 2018 and my travel dates were mentioned of september and they did not respond at all and only reply I got from the VFS london was under active review and await the final decision.
Final decision - 16th november 2018.

Although my travel plans got all ruined and my husband had to go alone to canada as he had to visit his family and he has a PR card but still happy will plan something next year now.
But finally, you done it. Great!

Can I know after getting 'under active review' how long it took to get final decision? Because I have got this response since one month before, but still there is no response about final decision. It has been 18 weeks.

Thanks

ZoTa

Sep 12, 2018
But finally, you done it. Great!

Can I know after getting 'under active review' how long it took to get final decision? Because I have got this response since one month before, but still there is no response about final decision. It has been 18 weeks.

Thanks
Yes . I got the active review around start of september and the decision as I told you.

ZoTa

Sep 12, 2018
Thanks Dear, have you submitted your passport? and got stamped with visa?

Good Luck for your future!
I have submitted my passport awaiting its return.
Online application says status updates with some document status with my UCI and expiry date 19/03/2028 so I don't know if that is visa expiry date

Aly_1986

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
I have submitted my passport awaiting its return.
Online application says status updates with some document status with my UCI and expiry date 19/03/2028 so I don't know if that is visa expiry date
I think the visa duration is related with your passport's expiry date. If your passport is valid upto 2028 than definitely you can get longer visa.

ZoTa

Sep 12, 2018
I think the visa duration is related with your passport's expiry date. If your passport is valid upto 2028 than definitely you can get longer visa.
Yes my visa I got renewed this year and is valid till 2028 also fingers crossed for the visa to be valid

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Kind regards,

KBA

Trafalgar Square
London | Londres
SW1Y 5BJ
1. Your online application is being processed by the London visa office and not by VFS London.

2. What is the update for your Background checks status?