+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit to NY Cosulate for passport enquiry

rdelhi

May 1, 2011
I had sent my passports to New York office 45 days ago for immigrant visa stamping and haven't got them back yet. I have read in forums that sometimes the passports get lost as well. I did not send them a prepaid return envelop so I have no way to track. I have been trying to get a response from the consulate via email and case specific enquiries, but haven't got anything yet. As the last option I am planning to personally go to NY consulate and enquire there.

Can someone who has been to NY consulate please share their experience. I don't know if they will even allow me to enter the office. Any suggestions/advice will be most helpful. I am really worried about the passports.

elisha

May 5, 2011
Hello rdelhi and others

Please review my experiences.
I mailed my passports to New York City consulate on April 28th. My bad, I ended up going to Buffalo office. I went there on May 6th. I somehow totally got mislead and ended up driving upto Buffalo.
But, the good thing is, Buffalo Consulate allowed me to meet a consulate officer, who reviewed my passport photocopies and searched in their system. They told, my file has been created at New York City consulate office and suggested me to go there, as I have mailed my passport to new york city office and not Buffalo office. So, one thing I can say for sure is - Buffalo office still can consider you walk-in though you sent application by mail. I bet that, they will give the passport with visa to you In Person.

Read further...

As suggested by Buffalo office, I went to New York City Consulate office at 1251 Avenue of Americas. The security guards at the consulate did not let me in. They said, they have clear instructions not to let any candidate who have already sent the application in mail. They suggested, the only way to contact them is via email and FAX. Despite my repeated requests to them and told them the nature of the urgency (that my flight is on May17) they did not let me in. So, I had no other option except to come back to hotel and send them Fax and Emails.
I think actually my emails and Faxes (I sent at least 5 times) worked and today I received back my passports with Visas. I praise my Lord Jesus!

- Elisha

huyentdinh

Apr 30, 2012
rdelhi said:
I had sent my passports to New York office 45 days ago for immigrant visa stamping and haven't got them back yet. I have read in forums that sometimes the passports get lost as well. I did not send them a prepaid return envelop so I have no way to track. I have been trying to get a response from the consulate via email and case specific enquiries, but haven't got anything yet. As the last option I am planning to personally go to NY consulate and enquire there.

Can someone who has been to NY consulate please share their experience. I don't know if they will even allow me to enter the office. Any suggestions/advice will be most helpful. I am really worried about the passports.
Hello rdelhi

Did you visit NY consulate? Can you come in this office? Do you get your passport back yet? Please share your experience.
I sent my passport to NY consulate for TRV from Mar 25th. The post showed that it came to the visa office in Mar 27th. Based on the return tracking number, my passport was sent out to me in April 7th, however, I don't know why it can not be delivered, then USPS returned it back to NY consulate. Then almost 2 months from that, I tried to send email and fax to enquire about my passport, but I only received some generic answers and I don't know when they return my passport for me. I think about fly to NY to take my passport, but I don't know whether or not they let me enter the office.
Please share your experience.

Huyen

AKS79

Jun 19, 2012
Hi Huyen,

Did you get your passport back from NYC consulate. Did you visit the NYC consulate after all? What was your experience?
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AKS