+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit or Student Visa I am so confused.......

aliahmed

Nov 18, 2008
Hi,

I am pakistani and on work visa in UK. I am working fulltime here from almost a year. I have more than one year visa left.

I want to goto canada on a 5 days course which my company will gonna pay.
Meanwhile me and my girlfriend we are planning to get married there she is canadian citizen.
Laterly I want to bring her here as dependent.

Someone told me not to mention about wedding in start that can make my application more complicated.
Is that true. Also can we easily get married while I am on visit visa in canada?

Second as I am going to attend a short course, I am confuse what I tick Turist or student in the application form? I think I if I am not wrong I should tick tourist.

Thirdly can I apply for multiple visit visa. Like if I want to visit canada later for my holidays?
Can an application for multiple vist visa can complicate my application in any way?

Last question if I apply for 30 days stay how much saving shud I have in my account?

I am regular reader of this forum. I just want to clarify my doubts.
I know its difficult for any single person to address all my points but please please do share and guide me as you can.
Its matter of my new life I am goin to get married so I am very stressed about all these complicated immigration processes.

Kind Regards,
Ali

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
It is a good idea not to mention about wedding. I suppose you can get married while on a temporary resident visa (TRV).

You do not need study permit for course less than 6 months duration. So you need to apply for TRV.

Yes, you can apply for multiple entry visa. TRV is usually valid for 6 months. You need to show strong ties to UK.

I am not sure about the exact expenses but $100 a day should do.

aliahmed

Nov 18, 2008
Thanks for your reply you almost cleared all my doubts.

But one last thing in my mind is that how i prove i want to revisit Canada again to get a multiple entry.

Do I need to write a covering letter to explain my intentions to revisit Canada later for my holidays?

I just do not want that I try for multiple entry visa and lose my chance to even get single entry.
Is it possibility that if they do not get satisfied with my multiple entry request and grant me single entry.
What about visa processing fee in that case will they still charge me for multiple entry processing fee and grant single entry?

What you recon should I take chance for multiple entries or simply just apply for single entry? I just want to save time and hassle.

Best Regards,
Ali

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
I do not think you need to prove that you would be revisiting again.

You have to satisfy the visa officer (VO) that you would be returning to UK (job, bank statements, house lease ...). It does not matter in this case whether you apply for single-entry or multiple-entry as you would be returning to UK.

You can apply for the multiple-entry visa. Make sure to include all the documentation (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/visit_eligible_visite.aspx?lang=eng).