+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit or go for it

marion

Aug 19, 2007
We have looked into Canada as a place we would love to live in, only thing we have never been. Do you think it wise to visit 1st or just to start proceeding's to migrate?

mc_dub

Aug 18, 2007
Visit first. I absolutely loved working there, some of my friends hated it. I absolutely loved Toronto, some of my friends hated it but settled well in Banff. You may also want to try 2 visits, one in summer and the other in winter to see if you can cope with the differences in the weather then. 25+C plus the humidity in summer isn't for everyone same as -25C plus windchill isn't for everyone. The climate also varies from coast to coast

kappal_tero_deekra

Jul 12, 2007
Bucha (baby), if I were you I would go there first. The last thing you want to do is to immigrate there only to find that you hate it. Nei-re-nei (not at all). Better to got here first.

leslieann

Mar 9, 2007
I agree with Kapal...visit if you can. And visit places you think you might like to live in. The Atlantic Provinces (which I love) are not anything like Toronto or Montreal. And while I have no experience out west, I suspect that things are different there, too.

The weather is a factor. I am from the US, grew up in New England, but weather here is, well, different. There is a different orientation to winter, for example. So the suggestion to visit in two seasons is well-taken.

Best wishes,
Leslie