+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Canada with my canadian family

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello ,

I am planning to visit Canada during October , I am married to Canadian citizen and we have canadian 1.5 baby . We decided to visit My brother in law who is canadian by birth and studying there . ( we are planning all to stay there forever)
I have permanent position in Egypt as a university lecturer .
Travel purpose : I explained that my canadian wife decided to move with our baby frm Egypt to live and stay in Canada
Bank statement : we have only 7000 canadian dollars
Travel history : It is fine as I travelled and stayed in many countries. USA , UK , SPain , france , sweden ....etc
Invitation letter : we got it from my brother in law
I also igoing to present an explaination that I have permanent job in Egypt and well be back after staying there with my family for 2 weeks.
my question is :

1- Is it difficlt to get the visiting visa of more than 6 months multi entrance ?
2- what if I decided to stay there and apply for a family immigration ?

Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Apart from your employment, do you own property/land or have a rent agreement + financial investments + dependent family?

we are planning all to stay there forever)
Travel purpose : I explained that my canadian wife decided to move with our baby frm Egypt to live and stay in Canada
Mentioning this will reduce the already slim chances you have of getting a TRV.

To get a TRV, you must prove your strong ties + compelling reasons to return to Egypt.... especially as your family ties to Canada outweigh those to Egypt.

1- Is it difficlt to get the visiting visa of more than 6 months multi entrance ?
It's not possible to say. It depends on the assessment made by the visa officer based on your ties to Egypt

2- what if I decided to stay there and apply for a family immigration ?
Considering your family ties to Canada, the visa officer would be inclined to believe that you could overstay your visit (if you have not filed for PR) = higher chances of a TRV refusal

Cheers