+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit canada while waiting for study permit

lbradley

May 15, 2008
I am a U.S. Citizen and have a study permit for this fall. How are my chances of being able to go now (in June) to look for a place to live and get things situated, return home in August and come back up for school. Should I even mention anything about attending school this fall to customs when I go up in June? Or should I just say I'm visiting and have a return flight?

mariogarza

May 13, 2008
Hello,

I read on a website of the Canadian Embassy, that you can't do that.... It was on the FAQ section... the question was something like this
Can I enter to Canada if my student visa process is pending?... and the answer say something that you can't do that, you have to wait for an answer from the Embassy, email the school you're going to and explain them that your study permit isn't ready yet, if the officer knows that you have a study permit pending he might not let you in to Canada..

I was looking for that question right now on the website, but there is a new website and I can't find it...

You should email o talk to a Canadian Embassy at the US and they will give you an answer.

Greetings from Mexico

May 23, 2008
That sounds crazy! What about people who have PR applications pending?? Are they also not allowed to enter Canada untill their sorted!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lil.miz.blu.eyez said:
That sounds crazy! What about people who have PR applications pending?? Are they also not allowed to enter Canada untill their sorted!!!
There is nothing stopping you to visit while your study permit is in process, you can activate when you go in June, no big deal.

PMM