+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Canada from Venezuela

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
My girlfriend wants to visit me from Venezuela. There's no embassy there it's in Columbia, would she have to travel to Columbia to apply for a visitor visa or can she apply remotely /online?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My girlfriend wants to visit me from Venezuela. There's no embassy there it's in Columbia, would she have to travel to Columbia to apply for a visitor visa or can she apply remotely /online?
She applies online.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply.
Would she not need to do an interview at the embassy in Columbia or do they call her ?
No, an interview is not part of the process. IRCC will accept or refuse her based on what she includes in the application.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
No, an interview is not part of the process. IRCC will accept or refuse her based on what she includes in the application.
Oh that's good to know thank a lot. If I can ask one more question, should she mention about me on the form, I'm a work permit holder here, I wasn't sure if I should help get it approved by explaining our relationship? I guess there's a reason for visit section. I feel paranoid it won't be approved because she lives in a troubled country

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh that's good to know thank a lot. If I can ask one more question, should she mention about me on the form, I'm a work permit holder here, I wasn't sure if I should help get it approved by explaining our relationship? I guess there's a reason for visit section. I feel paranoid it won't be approved because she lives in a troubled country
There is a very good chance she will be denied unfortunately. You are in a bit of a catch 22. If she applies as a tourist without mentioning you there is a high chance of denial because there would be no great reason for her to visit Canada as a tourist but if she mentions you there will also be concern that she will try to remain in Canada. What ties does she have to Venezuela? How much savings can she show?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What's most important is for her to show very strong ties to her home country. This would mean showing evidence of employment, ideally property ownership, funds to pay for her trip, etc. Assuming she has little or no travel experiences, you also want to keep the trip short - 2-3 weeks. Too much focus on your relationship may make IRCC concerned she has plans to remain in Canada long term.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
There is a very good chance she will be denied unfortunately. You are in a bit of a catch 22. If she applies as a tourist without mentioning you there is a high chance of denial because there would be no great reason for her to visit Canada as a tourist but if she mentions you there will also be concern that she will try to remain in Canada. What ties does she have to Venezuela? How much savings can she show?
All her family live there and she operates a clothing business there too. She also has a job in fashion too.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
What's most important is for her to show very strong ties to her home country. This would mean showing evidence of employment, ideally property ownership, funds to pay for her trip, etc. Assuming she has little or no travel experiences, you also want to keep the trip short - 2-3 weeks. Too much focus on your relationship may make IRCC concerned she has plans to remain in Canada long term.
I was thinking only a week or two either way. I would probably at minimum have to mention the relationship right, just not go on about it? She has visited other countries and has a valid passport, she's been to Europe and returned back home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All her family live there and she operates a clothing business there too. She also has a job in fashion too.
Her own dependents are what really counts. Does she have children? When did she visit Europe? How much liquid savings can she show? Does she own property?

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Her own dependents are what really counts. Does she have children? When did she visit Europe? How much liquid savings can she show? Does she own property?
Not sure about the savings but she lives comfortably. She visited a few years ago, maybe 3. No property just a business owner. She has no children. The best she can write up is she's been abroad before and has to remain at home to run her business or it will collapse. She also has a decent job in fashion. If it fails would be being PR holder boost her chances? Proof of funds if she's short, can I show I have covered her accommodation and responsible for her costs whilst here ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Her family would also not be coming so that would be another tie, hopefully.
Only spouse and dependent children count as "family". According to your posts, she doesn't have any of those tie in home country.

And you being and PR or a foreign worker won't add moreto her TRV application. Those are not tie to home country. IRCC wants to see that she will return to home country after the trip.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Only spouse and dependent children count as "family". According to your posts, she doesn't have any of those tie in home country.

And you being and PR or a foreign worker won't add moreto her TRV application. Those are not tie to home country. IRCC wants to see that she will return to home country after the trip.
Hmm ok thanks. I feel like I'm utterly trapped. Sounds like a waste of time applying. :(