+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Canada from Venezuela

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hmm ok thanks. I feel like I'm utterly trapped. Sounds like a waste of time applying. :(
Certainly worth applying. Given the volume of asylum seekers arriving in Canada and the US from Venezuela it is understandable why there will be concern about Venezuelans wanting to visit Canada. Does her store have a lease? If she also has a lease on a home that would also be a tie. It will partially depend on her savings especially liquid savings.

Reactions: bellaluna

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hmm ok thanks. I feel like I'm utterly trapped. Sounds like a waste of time applying. :(
She should definitely try. I think you said she has past travel history to countries requiring visas. That will work in her favour. No harm trying. Just put together as strong an application as you can and keep the length of the trip short.

Reactions: bellaluna

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
If she has travel history in UK, EU, Australia and returned home, may be it's worth to apply.
Sorry didn't see this!
She only has south American travel history.
Is there a more likely route like a study permit? Failing this if it went this far what about if we were married ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry didn't see this!
She only has south American travel history.
Is there a more likely route like a study permit? Failing this if it went this far what about if we were married ?
Ah - I misunderstood and thought she had travel history that included UK / Europe.

A study permit is a route she can consider. She will need to show a bank balance of at least $25,000 to cover first year tuition and living expenses. She will also need to make sure that her planned studies in Canada make sense and align to her previous education and work experience (and show a progression in studies). She will still need to show strong ties to her home country to be approved.

If you get married, then you can sponsor her for PR through spousal sponsorship / family class sponsorship which I think is taking around 16 months these days.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Ah - I misunderstood and thought she had travel history that included UK / Europe.

A study permit is a route she can consider. She will need to show a bank balance of at least $25,000 to cover first year tuition and living expenses. She will also need to make sure that her planned studies in Canada make sense and align to her previous education and work experience (and show a progression in studies). She will still need to show strong ties to her home country to be approved.

If you get married, then you can sponsor her for PR through spousal sponsorship / family class sponsorship which I think is taking around 16 months these days.
Ouch, let's forget that idea haha.

The error was mine, however we could meet again in Europe so maybe it's better to do that and get the history on there. I'm from the UK so maybe it's much easier to visit the UK and that would give Canadian authorities more relief to approve the stay.

If we were married can she get a temporary status in Canada whilst waiting for the PR to process in 16 months ?

I appreciate your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ouch, let's forget that idea haha.

The error was mine, however we could meet again in Europe so maybe it's better to do that and get the history on there. I'm from the UK so maybe it's much easier to visit the UK and that would give Canadian authorities more relief to approve the stay.

If we were married can she get a temporary status in Canada whilst waiting for the PR to process in 16 months ?

I appreciate your help.
At this time, there is no special temporary visa available to those going through the spousal sponsorship process. She would need to apply for a regular TRV if she wants to come to Canada. Generally speaking, it becomes more difficult to get the TRV once someone is married to a Canadian since IRCC will often suspect that individual intends to use the TRV to essentially move to Canada early.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
At this time, there is no special temporary visa available to those going through the spousal sponsorship process. She would need to apply for a regular TRV if she wants to come to Canada. Generally speaking, it becomes more difficult to get the TRV once someone is married to a Canadian since IRCC will often suspect that individual intends to use the TRV to essentially move to Canada early.
Ok thanks.

So it would appear the best solution is, travel to an EU country which she can do. After a suitable amount of time it will give a far better chance of visitor visa for Canada being approved? Then go from there.