+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visas received today

clayheart

Sep 29, 2006
OK, here's our experience: (Buffalo office)

AOR: November 2005
IA: September 2006
Medicals: October 2006
(At the same time, we also submitted financials. Interview waived.)
Request for PP: December 2006
Visas issued: December 2006 (mailed within 1 week, with Christmas and Boxing Day falling in that same week too, so they're efficient)

So total time elapsed: 13 months. It's quicker than we wanted, truth be told, because we're not yet ready to move, but we'll use the next 10 months making the decision. We don't want to move unless there's a good job, because right now my husband has a good job here in the US (H1 visa). Our US petition is also being processed, but I'm frustrated because I haven't been working, and if we move to Canada, we can both work. But then, we will also be filing our I-485 here in the US pretty soon.

But even if there's a dilemma, it's a good dilemma, and we are grateful. I lurked on this board for a long time, so thank you for all the help and advice from everyone. We will continue to need advice in the next year, so you'll hear from me.

For now, how does one begin to find work in Canada??? My husband has a US MBA. I have an MBA from our home country.

clayheart

Sep 29, 2006
I forgot to mention, we hired Campbell Cohen to represent us. Even if they're pricey (since you can really do it yourself), we thought it was worth the money because we didn't need to prove language proficiency, etc. They coached us on how to prove that we are proficient simply by writing a declaration. (Obviously, we really ARE almost native speakers, and we've lived here in the US for more than 6 years). Also, they checked our forms for inconsistencies and errors and that prevented delays due to errors, etc. AND, most importantly, they offered us a money back guarantee, that if we didn't get approved, he would give us all the lawyer fees back. No other lawyer offered that, as far as I know.

So, for those only beginning to think about this, we do recommend the law office of Campbell Cohen. I must say that since we only found them on the internet and came with no recommendation from anyone we knew, we were kind of scared that they could be scammers. So I did still check with the lawyers group and the society of immigration consultants (I forget the exact name).

So there, just sayin'.

dstuffs

Jul 1, 2005
Karachi-Pakistan
Hi Clayheart,

Congratulations! You have done it.

Now as you go ahead, it will not you seeking our advise, but it will be us seeking your advise.

So please keep in touch through this helpfull message borad.

Regards

asaquino

Jan 20, 2007
may i know how much you pay to cohen law firm? iamalso interested to get his services.
I am also working here in Ny as a teacher and holding an H1 visa.
Thanks!

asaquino

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
We too get the services of Campbell Cohen and they are highly recommended. Each case is different so better call their office.

Toll Free in USA and Canada
1-888-947-9445

Our telephone number is
+1 (514) 937-9445

Our Fax number is
+1 (514) 937-2618

Goodluck

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
asaquino said:
may i know how much you pay to cohen law firm? iamalso interested to get his services.
I am also working here in Ny as a teacher and holding an H1 visa.
Thanks!

asaquino
Hey my Friend asaquino

I did pay to Campbell Cohen firm (David Cohen´s) $ 1500 USD (just a little more I do not remenber the amount) it was two years ago 3 payments
$500 at the time you sign the contract, $500 upon AOR receipt and the balance when I got waived the enterview.

everything I paid...it did worth...

good luck...
Eduardo

BackSlash

Jan 19, 2007
Hi Eduardo,
I'm interested in doing something like you did with Campbell Cohen's firm. But, I would like to know if that US $ 1500 is for one person and that $ 1500 is only for the layer's fee for doing a work for its client - meaning - do we still need to pay for other Canadian Immigration charges?

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BackSlash said:
Hi Eduardo,
I'm interested in doing something like you did with Campbell Cohen's firm. But, I would like to know if that US $ 1500 is for one person and that $ 1500 is only for the layer's fee for doing a work for its client - meaning - do we still need to pay for other Canadian Immigration charges?

thanks
The Immigration fees themselves are $475 + $75 + $490 = $1040 per person over 18 so I don't think the fees would be included in lawyers fees (Unless the law firm works for nothing). Check with the lawyer and ask what the fee is.

PMM

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
BackSlash said:
Hi Eduardo,

thanks
My friend BackSlash

Yes, there is another payment that you have to pay for the immigration process, the $ 1,500 and something USD are for Attorney's full package fee. Plus the immigration fees provided by PMM,

Note: at the end of the entire process you will see that it is not cheap; there are a lot of extra payments that you have to do such as mailing services, document’s notarized fees, Medical fee, FBI clearance fee… just to say some of them. But at the end of the journey you will see that all of it worth it.

Don’t forget about the required founds to proof.

Regards
Eduardo

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi clayheart,

I would like to just know how attorney helped you in proving language efficiency. Can you provide me with sample writeup to prove language effficiency, if you have.

BackSlash

Jan 19, 2007
Dear friends PMM and Eduardo,
Thanks for your valuable info. I still want to zero-in about the total cost - is around $4000.00 for 2 persons a good guess for total expenses (lawyers and admin (processing) fees)? I know it all depends on person to person's case. I'm trying to get a rough idea. What to do, money plays a major role in making a decision. Or does anyone has any idea how much I'm looking at as a total cost (lawyers and canadian immigration fee) for 2 people?

Thank you

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
My friend BackSlash

For the attorney services you will be charged only for the "package" no matter how many people are included on it so you may start with $ 1,500 USD only
Then the fees for CIC immigration processing which are $ 550 CAD per each so it is $ 1,100 CAD (application for two)
The Right of Landing fees or ROLF which is $ 490 CAD each person , it means $ 960 CAD (fees for two) this payment could be done at the end of your process
So the total expenses for CIC and Attorney (if you decided to hire it) will be $ 3,500 CAD average. for family of two, plus all the extras (medical, notary, mailing...)

you should expect to spent from $4,500 to $5,000 USD for the entire process (A to Z) I have spent almost $ 7,000 USD so far (we are family of 4, two little kids)

it is something important for you to keep in mind before apply, will you able to afford it? of course my friend you will not spent all this money in one day, it will be through all the process, maybe along of 2 to 5 years.

good luck
Eduardo

BackSlash

Jan 19, 2007
Dear pal Eduardo,

Your info is very valuable. Your info is something that I was looking for. I'm sure other people using this site, are also seeking your kind of info. You rock Eduardo :)

canada2007

Nov 28, 2006
I agree with all of you and highly recommend Cambell Cohen. I employed his professional help and it was well worth it. Toal cost was $1500(for two) and it was paid in three installments.I received quotes (professional fees) as much as $5000US from other agencies and I felt Campbell's fees were more reasonable. All his staff communicated well and always guided us to get the most efficient results.

Also Thanks to the forum and PMM for assistance.
I will share my employment experience once I obtain one.

clayheart

Sep 29, 2006
bramyah said:
Hi clayheart,

I would like to just know how attorney helped you in proving language efficiency. Can you provide me with sample writeup to prove language effficiency, if you have.
Campbell Cohen suggested that we write a letter attesting to our language proficiency (not efficiency, lol). We wrote a letter stating the following: (1) We come from a country that is #3 in the number of English-speaking people; (2) Where we come from, the medium of instruction, as well as the language of business, is English; (3) My husband took his MBA in the US and has been gainfully employed here in the US for 4 years already - something that would be difficult to do if he lacked the language skills; and (4) We have been living here in the US since 2000. Campbell Cohen submitted the letter as is, but what I meant when I said they helped us prove it was that we didn't know we could simply do this; we thought we needed to take the proficiency test as stated on their website.

Hope this helps.