+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Visa and Student Visa

Ishikaauc

Jan 23, 2024
Hi everyone.
can you guys please help me with my question.
What happens when your student visa gets approved but your husband’s visa gets rejected ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone.
can you guys please help me with my question.
What happens when your student visa gets approved but your husband’s visa gets rejected ?
You can come to Canada and study.

What type of visa did he apply for? What were reasons? What type of program are you taking?

Ishikaauc

Jan 23, 2024
You can come to Canada and study.

What type of visa did he apply for? What were reasons? What type of program are you taking?
we didnt apply yet but just asking around.
he is applying for an open work permit visa.

im taking an undergraduate program in early childhood.
I understand with the new cap on international students, he might not be eligible for work permit..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
we didnt apply yet but just asking around.
he is applying for an open work permit visa.

im taking an undergraduate program in early childhood.
I understand with the new cap on international students, he might not be eligible for work permit..
He is not eligible for a work permit under new rules. If you are taking a Masters or Phd then he is eligible. Also if you haven’t applied, there is a cap per province on the number of international students so you need a letter of attestation. You will need to wait until March 31 to apply and see what the new rules are.

Ishikaauc

Jan 23, 2024
He is not eligible for a work permit under new rules. If you are taking a Masters or Phd then he is eligible. Also if you haven’t applied, there is a cap per province on the number of international students so you need a letter of attestation. You will need to wait until March 31 to apply and see what the new rules are.
okay thanks.
i already got my offer letter for my course, its just that we havent started the visa process.
Is there a possibility for him to accompany me on visitors visa and then switch to work permit ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
okay thanks.
i already got my offer letter for my course, its just that we havent started the visa process.
Is there a possibility for him to accompany me on visitors visa and then switch to work permit ?
He can come as a visitor but not eligible to work while you are a student. No such things a switching permits.