+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa validity after deferred medical

sschd

Dec 26, 2017
Hi All,

My current situation is as follows -
Got ITA in Feb this year and went for medicals in April 2017. But since wife was expecting our first child, we didnt go for her x-ray. Rest all tests were done. As a result we got the e-medical sheet from hospital along with a xray deferral letter due to pregnancy with expected date of delivery of baby 1st Dec. on Nov 15th I received a letter from CIC telling me that since expected DoD is 1st Dec so I need to add baby's documents in the application within a month, i.e. by 1st Jan 2018 which includes the baby's medical exam. We got the medical exam of baby done in December 2017. Same day we also got the pending x ray done for my wife. Next day the status changed to medical passed. Now my question is if we get the PPR request, the visa date for me will be April 2018 (since I had got my medical done in April 2017), for my baby it will be Dec 2018. What will it be for my wife? Will it be April 2018 or December 2018, since she got her x-ray done in December 2017. Since the baby is small it will be impossible to even leave him for a day to make a landing or take him along.

Please guide if visa date can be extended for my wife. I am okay and comfortable with my visa date being April 2018.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

My current situation is as follows -
Got ITA in Feb this year and went for medicals in April 2017. But since wife was expecting our first child, we didnt go for her x-ray. Rest all tests were done. As a result we got the e-medical sheet from hospital along with a xray deferral letter due to pregnancy with expected date of delivery of baby 1st Dec. on Nov 15th I received a letter from CIC telling me that since expected DoD is 1st Dec so I need to add baby's documents in the application within a month, i.e. by 1st Jan 2018 which includes the baby's medical exam. We got the medical exam of baby done in December 2017. Same day we also got the pending x ray done for my wife. Next day the status changed to medical passed. Now my question is if we get the PPR request, the visa date for me will be April 2018 (since I had got my medical done in April 2017), for my baby it will be Dec 2018. What will it be for my wife? Will it be April 2018 or December 2018, since she got her x-ray done in December 2017. Since the baby is small it will be impossible to even leave him for a day to make a landing or take him along.

Please guide if visa date can be extended for my wife. I am okay and comfortable with my visa date being April 2018.
Hi

They generally don't issue family documents with different expiry dates. You can expect the documents for the entire family to expire in April.

sschd

Dec 26, 2017
Hi

They generally don't issue family documents with different expiry dates. You can expect the documents for the entire family to expire in April.
Oh or is it possible that they give an expiry date of December? Because its impossible for the baby to go in April. Is there any way I can get an extension?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Oh or is it possible that they give an expiry date of December? Because its impossible for the baby to go in April. Is there any way I can get an extension?
No, they will go by the earliest expiry. IRCC generally doesn't grant extensions.

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
@sschd I'm in the same situation as you and be sure we are note the only ones, many people applying for PR are in the same situation.
I received an ITA on 09/20/2017, AOR on 12/12/2017 and we are waiting for the delivery on March, 09 2018.
Since you've been in our situation can you tell us if all my file will be on hold (I'm meaning background check, medicals, eligibility) till they receive the missing xray for my wife?

sschd

Dec 26, 2017
@sschd I'm in the same situation as you and be sure we are note the only ones, many people applying for PR are in the same situation.
I received an ITA on 09/20/2017, AOR on 12/12/2017 and we are waiting for the delivery on March, 09 2018.
Since you've been in our situation can you tell us if all my file will be on hold (I'm meaning background check, medicals, eligibility) till they receive the missing xray for my wife?
Hi bmelia,

I have posted a query regding this on another thread. I will let you know once I get any response on this. But I think is that all the checks were happening parallel and my application is currently at NA3. Not sure though. Waiting for the experts to respond. Will keep you posted on this.

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi bmelia,

I have posted a query regding this on another thread. I will let you know once I get any response on this. But I think is that all the checks were happening parallel and my application is currently at NA3. Not sure though. Waiting for the experts to respond. Will keep you posted on this.
Hi, many thx for your reply!
Wish you all the best!

leotran102

Mar 26, 2018
Hi bmelia,

Hello,
I'm in a very similar situation. Could either of you help me if other parts of our files (eligibility, background check) will be processed in parallel without any delay because of the baby paperwork?
Thanks,

leotran102

Mar 26, 2018
My timeline is following:
Medicals: Feb 27th, 2018.
AOR: Feb 28th, 2018.
All required documents are already submitted except my wife's xray because she is pregnant. She is due on July and I'm planning to get the x-ray done after that.

As of today (March 28th) my status is: (look like it is IP1)
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview: We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reading through other cases, I feel like my application is slower because the medical results holdup. Also my case skipped the MEP stage and went directly to IP1 stage.
My question is: what should my timeline expect to look like? Do I have to wait until after July to be advanced to any other stage? Without my wife's xray is the status going to be like this for next few months?

Thank you for your time,
I really appreciate it!

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

First of all pls let me update you regarding my case: I already received the Ready for VISA email on 04/07/2018, I'll be stamping the passports tomorrow.

The medicals will be like that till you do the X-Ray for your wife after the delivery.
In my case we did the X-Ray 16 days after the delivery and one day after the medicals changed to passed (without any action of my side, I'm meaning I didn't send them an email advising them that we did the X-Ray).
My advise to you don't do the X-Ray before the delivery even if the doctors told you that at this stage of the pregnancy it's safe...we can never know...better wait till the delivery.

Right now you're in IP1 stage, and your file will be not on hold, I'm meaning that they will continue working on your file.
For now RELAX and just after the delivery proceed with the X-Ray for your wife and also prepare a passport for the new born asap and also proceed with the medical exam for the new born befor CIC's request (in our case the doctor say OK we can do it).
Just after the delivery raise a CSE informing the immigration of the change of your status (attach a birth certificate of the new born).
One week after they will advise you on the papers to upload and they will give you 30 days as a deadline.

All the best and wish a safe delivery for your wife!

Reactions: nns14