07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hello,

I have applied for my co-op and I have received notification attaching a letter that my visa application is approved and the type of the visa is "Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR" and its valid till 2017-09-30,

So can someone please explain what does it actually mean ?

Am i allowed to work full time till 2017-09-30 or just for the 6 months.

Thanks,
AJ

Cunctator

Oct 12, 2015
Hi. So did you find an answer, if you can work with this e-mail from cic (before you are getting the physical paper via mail)?

honeymin

Oct 3, 2017
Hello,

I have applied for my co-op and I have received notification attaching a letter that my visa application is approved and the type of the visa is "Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR" and its valid till 2017-09-30,

So can someone please explain what does it actually mean ?

Am i allowed to work full time till 2017-09-30 or just for the 6 months.

Thanks,
AJ
Hi
I received the same permit yesterday, can you pls tell me what it means?
Thank you.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hi
I received the same permit yesterday, can you pls tell me what it means?
Thank you.
for me I was able to work 6 months full time with that permit.

simm_1

Nov 7, 2017
Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR - is it work permit? If app for PR+OWP (inside Canada, Family class) was sent and this permit has been obtained, does it automatically grand legal status until expiration day or we need to apply for visitor status extension separately in order to maintain legal status?

Maganda

Dec 14, 2017
Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR - is it work permit? If app for PR+OWP (inside Canada, Family class) was sent and this permit has been obtained, does it automatically grand legal status until expiration day or we need to apply for visitor status extension separately in order to maintain legal status?
Hi, did you find an answer on your question? I am just trying to figure out if it’s work permit or what

Last edited:

simm_1

Nov 7, 2017
Hi, did you find an answer on your question? I am just trying to figure out if it’s work permit or what
yes, it is work permit. Also I have called to CIC and representative said that if you have work permit you don't need to apply for visitor status extension.

Maganda

Dec 14, 2017
yes, it is work permit. Also I have called to CIC and representative said that if you have work permit you don't need to apply for visitor status extension.
Thank you so much for reply! Maybe you can also tell me_ for applying for SIN (social insurance number) do I need to wait until receiving documents that CIC mailed or I can print this email as a proof ?

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Thank you so much for reply! Maybe you can also tell me_ for applying for SIN (social insurance number) do I need to wait until receiving documents that CIC mailed or I can print this email as a proof ?
I have the same question. I just got my notification today. Do I have to wait till I get the original letter, or can I print and apply with it for SIN?

Maganda

Dec 14, 2017
I have the same question. I just got my notification today. Do I have to wait till I get the original letter, or can I print and apply with it for SIN?
Evafromca,
I am not sure, but think you have to. Because they ask for this original document. It came pretty quick, less than a week since I got email confirmation from CIC. You can go and check it, but better to wait.

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Evafromca,
I am not sure, but think you have to. Because they ask for this original document. It came pretty quick, less than a week since I got email confirmation from CIC. You can go and check it, but better to wait.
Thank you Maganda! I think I will wait if it's that quick. Not going to make that much of a difference. :)

gclhj

May 17, 2018
Hi! I have recently just received my visa application approval and I have the same visa type "Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR" in my digital letter. Currently waiting for my formal documentations but few questions as I have been trying to dig up more info and the www doesn't seem to be of much help.

1. Why is this permit only valid for 6 months and not the full term until its expiry?
2. Can we only work in Quebec or anywhere else in Canada?
3. Are we eligible for SIN under this permit type?
4. With this permit, it means that we are allowed residency until the date of expiry right?
5. Lastly, can we start applying for jobs even though the formal permit is not yet received?

This is really exciting and I thank everyone in advance for your valuable inputs!

Maganda

Dec 14, 2017
Hi! I have recently just received my visa application approval and I have the same visa type "Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR" in my digital letter. Currently waiting for my formal documentations but few questions as I have been trying to dig up more info and the www doesn't seem to be of much help.

1. Why is this permit only valid for 6 months and not the full term until its expiry?
4. With this permit, it means that we are allowed residency until the date of expiry right?
5. Lastly, can we start applying for jobs even though the formal permit is not yet received?

This is really exciting and I thank everyone in advance for your valuable inputs!
Hi gclhj,

First of all - congratulations with obtaining it)

1. I don’t know why yours is good for 6 months only mine is good for 2 years
2. I believe you can work anywhere unless it will say “ valid for Quebec only”. I applied in Ontario- so mine doesn’t let me work in health area and something else, but nothing said about province.
3. You need to wait for your formal work permit that will come to you mail box. And you can get your SIN.
4. Well, as it says on paper - your status changed to temporary resident until the date shown in there. It’s kind of giving you legal status, because with visitor visa it’s limited up to 6 months only.
5. Ha, I don’t know if your profession is in high demand in here and if you have Canadian work experience, but as my practice shows - you could start to apply at once you submitted your documents for Permanent Residence anyway, you definitely can apply for jobs, because technically you have work permit, just not received it yet.

Reactions: Josh B

grepolito1

Jul 31, 2018

Hi,

Hi,

May I know if you got open work permit or closed provincial or closed employer. Appreciate your reply. Thank you!