+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa time process after file received in delhi

ICG

Oct 17, 2018
Hey All... I had my interview today... Lady who interviewed me was very kind and polite... She check my docs, photographs a bit and then ask me for re-medical in 30 days... They returned all my docs and passport too... Can anybody tell me why they did not keep the passport? Or ask for the passport after re-medical is submitted? P

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
hi ICG ..... generally interview not required - you forget to mention place of interview - idea is to know whether your application was inland or outland ...... also about your sponsor or self sponsored express entry etc ...... my best wishes

ICG

Oct 17, 2018
hi ICG ..... generally interview not required - you forget to mention place of interview - idea is to know whether your application was inland or outland ...... also about your sponsor or self sponsored express entry etc ...... my best wishes
Hey PZSingh... Yup actually interview not required but in my case may be due to age difference between me and my wife, I had to attend interview... I am outland and my wife is sponsor... Interview took place at CDHC! :)

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Hey PZSingh... Yup actually interview not required but in my case may be due to age difference between me and my wife, I had to attend interview... I am outland and my wife is sponsor... Interview took place at CDHC! :)
thanks for the update .....returned passport probably due to re-medical ..... my best wishes

PallaviP

May 21, 2018
I applied on Jan 2018. Medical and police clearance in March. File transferred to NDVO in April.
On Oct 16 they asked for some more photos as a proof of marriage.
No update afterthat.
Is this normal?
I see even Feb and March applicants rrcrecei DM and PPR.
Please update me.

ICG

Oct 17, 2018
Hey All,

I did my interview, asked me for re-medical,got pre-arrival and medical test passed. Current status is reviewing eligibility and background check... How long does these takes before they ask PPR and also if I get visa how long do I have before I have to leave for Canada? Please advise thanks!
I am Nov-2017 applicant... Did my interview on Oct

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey All,

I did my interview, asked me for re-medical,got pre-arrival and medical test passed. Current status is reviewing eligibility and background check... How long does these takes before they ask PPR and also if I get visa how long do I have before I have to leave for Canada? Please advise thanks!
I am Nov-2017 applicant... Did my interview on Oct
If they asked re-med after interview = Good sign. BCG takes time depending on how many countries were visited. Give it a month :)

Reactions: ICG

ICG

Oct 17, 2018
NDVO do not touch most files for 3 months I read in other forums.
I read in CIC website that from Dec-31st... Biometric test will also be taken from all the Asian countries too... May be they may hold all app. till then ( just my thought) ... So far biometric test is required only for countries in Europe, middle East and Africa..!

ICG

Oct 17, 2018
If they asked re-med after interview = Good sign. BCG takes time depending on how many countries were visited. Give it a month :)
Also any idea how long do I have once I get visa to leave the country? Till medical expire or they have certain time?

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Also any idea how long do I have once I get visa to leave the country? Till medical expire or they have certain time?
U get enough time. It is till expiry of med, if expiring soon they usually extend meds expiry to another year too

Reactions: ICG

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
I applied on Jan 2018. Medical and police clearance in March. File transferred to NDVO in April.
On Oct 16 they asked for some more photos as a proof of marriage.
No update afterthat.
Is this normal?
I see even Feb and March applicants rrcrecei DM and PPR.
Please update me.
Hi Pallavi .... so far no reply ..... max time prescribed is 12 months - so you cant blame them as they will definitely take a decision within the time frame ..... I personally feel the processing time is roughly same as required for express entry - which is 6 months after elgibility that is about 8 to 9 months in all ..... so your application should be through by now and pls keep this msg board posted when your pr is cleared ..... thanks

PallaviP

May 21, 2018
Hi Pallavi .... so far no reply ..... max time prescribed is 12 months - so you cant blame them as they will definitely take a decision within the time frame ..... I personally feel the processing time is roughly same as required for express entry - which is 6 months after elgibility that is about 8 to 9 months in all ..... so your application should be through by now and pls keep this msg board posted when your pr is cleared ..... thanks
Thanks..

But I see in other forum that March and April applicants are getting PPR where in Jan and Feb applicants are still waiting. Not sure what's going on

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Thanks..

But I see in other forum that March and April applicants are getting PPR where in Jan and Feb applicants are still waiting. Not sure what's going on
hi Pallavi - my best wishes -forget others its your case that's important ok ..... let us know when ur pr comes - am very sure you get it anytime now .... Pzsingh