+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa - This does not authorize re-entry

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Hello All,

I have a multiple entry visa to Canada which expires in 2017. My 6 months visa expired in November, 2014 and I had it renewed for another 6 months which now expires in May, 2015. The visa says "this does not authorize re-entry". What does this mean? I am planning to travel to USA for a day. Am i eligible to travel to USA and return to Canada.

Many thanks
Kerishma

queenpies

Jan 18, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 Apr 2014
AOR Received.
07 Aug 2014 (OPW APR: 09 Jan 2015)
aarcee said:
Hello All,

I have a multiple entry visa to Canada which expires in 2017. My 6 months visa expired in November, 2014 and I had it renewed for another 6 months which now expires in May, 2015. The visa says "this does not authorize re-entry". What does this mean? I am planning to travel to USA for a day. Am i eligible to travel to USA and return to Canada.

Many thanks
Kerishma
Hello,

What you have now is an extension to your previous visitor visa. Extended visa visa is not authorised for re-entry. In other words, if you leave Canada before your extension period is up (which in your case it is the month of May 2015), then you will be subjected to the original CBSA examination at the border.

Does that make sense?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
aarcee said:
Hello All,

Many thanks
Kerishma
I have just responded in detail to a same situation like yours. you may read my post at:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/extend-trv-and-multiple-entry-visa-t266734.0.html

hope it may help you

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
aarcee said:
Hello All,

Many thanks

I had also a question related to it. I had a multiple entry visa until 2016. i entered canada last nov 16, 2014 and planning to go back to the philippines on April 2015 and be back again on May 2015. I just want to know if its possible and what are the consequences. thanks.
Kerishma

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
queenpies said:
Hello,

What you have now is an extension to your previous visitor visa. Extended visa visa is not authorised for re-entry. In other words, if you leave Canada before your extension period is up (which in your case it is the month of May 2015), then you will be subjected to the original CBSA examination at the border.

Does that make sense?

hello thanks, What does CESA mean?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
CBSA: Canada Border Services Agency
The people who do the immigration stuff at airports are the CBSA employees.

ninny

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We also had our visitors stay extended and have gone over the border to USA on a few occassions and have had no problems when we re enter Canada. Our USA visits are only day visits. Hope this helps you.