+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Stamping - go to US

jarla

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi,

our passports are for visa stamping now. my son was invited by his school to join the Basketball tournament in Guam on May for 10days. School will get their visas. Will it affect our Permanent Residence Visa? Im afraid to allow him but it is a good opportunity for him.

thanks.....

C

cchabert

If I understand well, your passports are in the Canada consulate for your PR visa right? if so you need to wait for the passport to come it will come with a expiration date on it, you need to land before that date or you'll lose your PR after landing you can come back to US, but you need to have an address in Canada so they can mail to you your PR card, in about one month after you land.

Hope this helps

akk

Sep 2, 2008
After you receive your passport, you have at least one year to make the landing, I even think it is 2 years..you will be fine...wait passport to come, let your son travel, and he comes back you move to Canada..

Akk

cchabert said:
If I understand well, your passports are in the Canada consulate for your PR visa right? if so you need to wait for the passport to come it will come with a expiration date on it, you need to land before that date or you'll lose your PR after landing you can come back to US, but you need to have an address in Canada so they can mail to you your PR card, in about one month after you land.

Hope this helps

C

cchabert

When my brother in law received his passport in only have 3 months to land or else

chow

Sep 23, 2008
cchabert said:
When my brother in law received his passport in only have 3 months to land or else
Do they issue Canada VISA based on your passport expire date?

C

cchabert

No Chow, actually he was thinking that we'll have a very short time to go because his medicals were about to have 1 year but when they gave him the Visa they told him that they know his medicals have more than a year, maybe that's why they only gave him 3 months, I don;t care if they give me 2 weeks LOL :-D

chow

Sep 23, 2008
cchabert said:
No Chow, actually he was thinking that we'll have a very short time to go because his medicals were about to have 1 year but when they gave him the Visa they told him that they know his medicals have more than a year, maybe that's why they only gave him 3 months, I don;t care if they give me 2 weeks LOL :-D
I even don't need 2 weeks. 1 day is fine for me after receiving my passport. May be I will pack up everything to leave on the same day. Or when they request my passport I directly go there and get stamped, and then land in Alberta. I am so ........................

chow

Sep 23, 2008
cchabert said:
I know the felling Chow, one of this days...
Cchabert,
I know this thread is not for my question. But I have a question for Cchabert. Could you give me your thoughts?
I work in SAP where I deal with Internal Auditors, SOX leads, Functional Managers including(FI/CO, MM, HR). But my designation or title is not even Internal Auditor or does not fall in any of the 1111 - Financial Auditors and Accountants categories.
http://www.canadavisa.com/example-titles-38-qualifying-occupations-federal-skilled-worker.html

I took a "Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA)" certification last december. But I didnt pass that exam. If I would pass that, then I could have good supporting document to show them that I can be considered as "Auditor".

The NOC# I mentioned in my FSW-application was 2171 or 2173. I got my FSW-AOR number in August,2008. But not moved further then eventhough I got my AINP certificate.
I am wondering is there any way that I could prove that my application can also be considered in 1111? I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Chow

C

cchabert

Chow if you got your AINP already forget about the FSW and just send the rest of your papers to CIC as indicated from Alberta, you don;t need to prove any more NOCS, if i understand well

:-D

chow

Sep 23, 2008
cchabert said:
Chow if you got your AINP already forget about the FSW and just send the rest of your papers to CIC as indicated from Alberta, you don;t need to prove any more NOCS, if i understand well

CIC has already received my AINP application on 17th of this month. The reason why I am asking is, if your FSW NOC is in 38occupations list, they consider your pending FSW towards AINP. I am thinking it could save a month atleast. I even trying to recover/save a day of my application processing while counting minutes in this forum.
Thanks
Chow

C

cchabert

With out thinking more about it, if AINP already want me, so long FSW, why keep the suffer with IELTS and a very possible interview? just for a month that I'm not 100% sure it will ? Well this is my point of view.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
cchabert said:
With out thinking more about it, if AINP already want me, so long FSW, why keep the suffer with IELTS and a very possible interview? just for a month that I'm not 100% sure it will ? Well this is my point of view.

Thank you Cchabert for your opinion. I will think about it. Yes you are right, there should be lot of paper work and trouble again if I consider to go thru it.

im41

Feb 27, 2009
Hi All,

Please help me with my case

1. I am applying for AINP program. Now , I have question on PR:

I need to attend a US college from Sep. Suppose if I get PR in Aug, do I need to go to Canada within a time period? Second, as I will have change of status filed for H1 to F1, will I need to get that stamped to come back to study?

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
im41 said:
Hi All,

Please help me with my case

1. I am applying for AINP program. Now , I have question on PR:

I need to attend a US college from Sep. Suppose if I get PR in Aug, do I need to go to Canada within a time period? Second, as I will have change of status filed for H1 to F1, will I need to get that stamped to come back to study?
You will have to land in Canada within the time period given to you. You can come back on the same day and then return to Canada after you complete your studies.

If your visa was a COS, then no need to get stamped. I am not sure tho... seniors help.