+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa stamping from outside Canada, after getting PGWP from inside Canada

MRaj95

Jan 25, 2020
Hi,

I received my Open Work Permit (PGWP) after finishing my studies in Canada. But after getting PGWP, I moved to Europe for work, hence didn't get time to send my passport to CIC Ottawa for visa stamping. So, now I have a valid work permit, but my temporary residence visa (TRV) has already expired (as it was valid until study permit duration).
Any idea which application to submit to get the TRV stamped on my passport from outside Canada? I looked for Visitor Visa for Workers, and it asks for the same documents and same fee that were required to get PGWP. But I already have PGWP, and I only need to get Visa stamped.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I received my Open Work Permit (PGWP) after finishing my studies in Canada. But after getting PGWP, I moved to Europe for work, hence didn't get time to send my passport to CIC Ottawa for visa stamping. So, now I have a valid work permit, but my temporary residence visa (TRV) has already expired (as it was valid until study permit duration).
Any idea which application to submit to get the TRV stamped on my passport from outside Canada? I looked for Visitor Visa for Workers, and it asks for the same documents and same fee that were required to get PGWP. But I already have PGWP, and I only need to get Visa stamped.
There is no TRV app specific to workers. You just apply for a normal TRV and provide a copy of your PGWP.

Reactions: MRaj95