+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA stamping at buffalo ( Authorization letter)

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello everone, I am using this forum for the first time and i hoping to get experienced responses.

My uncle can help me to get the visa by becoming my authorized official. I have following questions-

1- does Buffalo asks any question from the authorized person and Do they check the authorization letter signed by me? if yes, what kind of questions they might ask and is there any risk of being denied and closure of PR case ?

2- On canadian - US border, will USA guys ask my uncle the purpose of his visit to buffalo? and if yes, is it Ok to declare them that he is going for visa stamping on someones else behalf ? will the US officials ask for my passport and authority letter.

I am really nervous at this stage, looking forward for your help.

Thanks
Hussain

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

muzmil said:
Hello everone, I am using this forum for the first time and i hoping to get experienced responses.

My uncle can help me to get the visa by becoming my authorized official. I have following questions-

1- does Buffalo asks any question from the authorized person and Do they check the authorization letter signed by me? if yes, what kind of questions they might ask and is there any risk of being denied and closure of PR case ?

Yes, he would have to prove who he is.

2- On canadian - US border, will USA guys ask my uncle the purpose of his visit to buffalo? and if yes, is it Ok to declare them that he is going for visa stamping on someones else behalf ? will the US officials ask for my passport and authority letter.

Of course, probably if he states that is reason.

I am really nervous at this stage, looking forward for your help.

Thanks
Hussain

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hi PMM, so finally i got the PPR letter in hand today. So can you guide me as to what should i type in the authorization letter ? do you have any kind of samples with you ? or i can just type something basic with my signatures ...

Plus, after reading PPR i have a few more questions

1- They asked me to provide 3 photographs, do i need to write anything behind those photographs ? like Name, DoB, signature etc etc..

2- I am in Canada and here usually every photo center puts DATE and LOCATION where the picture was taken ? do i need to have that stamp behind my photos ?

3- I am on a work permit, do i need to attach my work permit paper with passport ? or just the passport is good enough

4- I know i have to write my name, height and eye color on the PPR letter that i got. So do i need to put my 3 photographs, passport and that filled PPR letter in that GRAY envelope ? i think that envelope is small so do u think i still need to fit in that letter somehow in that envelope and gave that envelope to my uncle(representative)

5- Finally , Do you think there is any kind of risk in using a representative ? or its totally safe ? What kind of questions they may ask my Uncle ?

I know my questions are very amateur type but i am also sure you understand the kind of things going in my head and heart at this point , i am feeling very paranoid and nervous at these final steps. I will really really appreciate Your few minutes going over my questions .

Will always be very very......thankful for your help.

Regards,
Muz

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Hi PMM,

TO add to the above list, how many days will it take to get passport stamped, can it happen on the same day?

Thanks,
Rahul

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hi Rahul, visa stamping in person or by representative is same day service. It takes 3 hours for them to grant visa.

So PMM , can you add your response to the list of my questions.

Thanks
Muz

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

muzmil said:
Hi PMM, so finally i got the PPR letter in hand today. So can you guide me as to what should i type in the authorization letter ? do you have any kind of samples with you ? or i can just type something basic with my signatures ...

Plus, after reading PPR i have a few more questions

1- They asked me to provide 3 photographs, do i need to write anything behind those photographs ? like Name, DoB, signature etc etc..

Check the visa office instructions, some require name, Dob and eye colour on each, others on one only. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp

2- I am in Canada and here usually every photo center puts DATE and LOCATION where the picture was taken ? do i need to have that stamp behind my photos ?

NO

3- I am on a work permit, do i need to attach my work permit paper with passport ? or just the passport is good enough

If all they asked was the passport and the photos, thats all they want.

4- I know i have to write my name, height and eye color on the PPR letter that i got. So do i need to put my 3 photographs, passport and that filled PPR letter in that GRAY envelope ? i think that envelope is small so do u think i still need to fit in that letter somehow in that envelope and gave that envelope to my uncle(representative)

Use a bigger envelope.

5- Finally , Do you think there is any kind of risk in using a representative ? or its totally safe ? What kind of questions they may ask my Uncle ?

Letter of authorization and proof of who he is.

I know my questions are very amateur type but i am also sure you understand the kind of things going in my head and heart at this point , i am feeling very paranoid and nervous at these final steps. I will really really appreciate Your few minutes going over my questions .

What I don't understand, as why you don't do it by mail, but that is your decision here are the instructions.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/mailing_instructions_d_expedition.aspx?lang=eng

Will always be very very......thankful for your help.

Regards,
Muz
PMM

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Thanks PMM, by mail it will take around 30-35 days , well for in-person stamping would take only 1 day. Did you raise this concern because there are some underlying risks involved in sending a representative ?

Let me know please. I am planning to do this on thursday so hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Muz

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

muzmil said:
Thanks PMM, by mail it will take around 30-35 days , well for in-person stamping would take only 1 day. Did you raise this concern because there are some underlying risks involved in sending a representative ?

Let me know please. I am planning to do this on thursday so hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Muz
No, but it usually takes 2 weeks processing time plus a few days postal according to Trackitt.

PMM