+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa SP and OWP approved after enter in Canada / Montreal with eTA

portela.mary

Jan 24, 2022
Hello, we entered in Canada on Dec 10 / 2021 and our visas was approved on Dec 21 / 2021.

We sent our passports to Los Angeles VAC and receive back in Montreal with our visas stamps in the passport and a letter to show the visas when enter in Canada to receive the study and work permit, but we are already inside Canada.

We need to know what to do now, we need some letter with the study and work permit?

We need to go to some place update our status from a visitor visa with eTA to our approved visas SP and OWP?

We are in Montreal.

Thank you.

portela.mary

Jan 24, 2022
I found this solution:

Foreign nationals who are in Canada with a letter of introduction (LOI) after approval of a study or work permit application processed outside of Canada: COVID-19 program delivery

Foreign nationals who are physically in Canada with temporary resident status but have received a positive decision letter (letter of introduction [LOI]) on their study or work permit application [IMM 1294 or IMM 1295] processed outside of Canada may request the examination and document issuance required by section 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) from within Canada using the IRCC Web form.

Foreign nationals who received a LOI under International Experience Canada (IEC) are also eligible to have their relevant permit(s) issued from within Canada.

Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, these foreign nationals can’t leave and re-enter Canada to present their LOI for examination (in other words, they can’t travel to a port of entry to flagpole or travel to another country and return). Therefore, a process has been developed to conduct the examination and issuance of documents required under section A11. This pilot process is extended from March 31, 2021 until November 22, 2021.

Temporary residence: COVID-19 program delivery
These program delivery instructions are aligned with the Ministerial Instructions (MIs) that are in effect from September 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 (and may be extended).

Student

A11EXAM: I am requesting an examination and the issuance of my study permit from within Canada. My application number is [S#########]. I have received my letter of introduction, which is valid until [DATE].

I entered Canada on [DATE] as a [visitor/student/worker].

My correct contact information in Canada is:

Telephone:
Mailing Address:

I continue to be accepted at [DLI Name] and [will be/am] registered in the [Name] Program.

Work

A11EXAM: I am requesting an examination and the issuance of my work permit from within Canada. My application number is [W#########]. I have received my letter of introduction, which is valid until [DATE].

I entered Canada on [DATE] as a [visitor/student/worker].

My correct contact information in Canada is:

Telephone:
Mailing Address:

Employer-specific work permit: My employer, [name], located at [address], may be contacted at [contact telephone or email] to confirm my continued employment offer. I intend to begin work for this employer as soon as my work permit is received.

Open work permit: I attest that my circumstances remain the same and I still meet the requirements of the open work permit program I was approved for.

IRCC webform:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/permit-approval-outside-canada.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/other-goals/mi47.html

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UEpxYuX4zV3tA6qZonkzps-VC0xkJ1LzTo0BySyEauM/edit?usp=sharing

portela.mary

Jan 24, 2022
We got the permit.

The Webform worked, but IRCC wanted the application to be mailed and it took over three weeks for the Webform to respond

In the same email they inform you that you can leave and re-enter Canada to get the permit and that's what we did, we went by car to the US border, you tell the US border agent that you want to re-enter the Canada, he takes your documents, writes a letter informing Canada that we arrived at the US border requesting to return to Canada to issue documents and shows you the way back, you do not need to enter the USA, you did not need the ArriveCan that we did and also you do not need a COVID test as you have not left Canada. We are fully vaccinated.

I called the Canada border agency before and they said I needed ArriveCan, so I recommend doing it. The exam really doesn't need as they reported over the phone.

Any questions, just ask.

IRCC email:

Good day Mauricio ,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You are in Canada, have received a letter of introduction from a Canadian visa office and would like to obtain your work permit?

We invite you to submit an application by mail with the required documents and fees and include:

An explanation letter, and
Your letter of introduction.

If you'd rather get your work permit at a port of entry (POE), you will have to:

Leave and return to Canada,
this can be done by entering a country by private vehicle (e.g., your car) or commercial carrier (e.g., plane, boat, train or bus) and coming back to Canada,
Inform the officer you need to validate your immigration document,
Provide the following documents:
your passport,
your letter of introduction, and
any other required document.

Useful information:

To find the POE that offers the full range of immigration services and to verify the opening hours, you can visit the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) website.
(If applicable) You can expect to encounter extended delays at the land border POE and/or that some immigration services may not be offered, particularly during weekends and holidays.

It is important to verify in advance if you require a visa to enter another country and whether you can enter Canada.

You must wait to obtain the work permit before starting work.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume you have been visiting all this time. Just a reminder that the SO holder cqn not work until studying full-time