+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA RENEWAL Academic standing

domu

Mar 31, 2016
hi,

I'm in Canada already and my passport expired so I had to renewed my study permit which I got accepted.
But what I'm worried about now is my visa being accepted for extension, reason why being is because of my academic standing.
Just this last semester I got two Ds which dropped my GPA and I'm second year (taking Honours in Political Science & Communication) , to extent where I asked to withdraw from the program. I've already talked to my academic supervisor, and they said I since I was in Honours program they will just drop me down.... So I'm still going to be in school and all but I'll be in academic probation until further noticed. My first year didn't go well either because I didn't know what I wanted to do and there was also alot of other issue going so it reflected badly on my academic. So I'm worried that when I submit my transcript they will look at my academic standing and refuse my renewal for visa.. Can they do that? Or is there any other way for me to submit my application without my transcript?

Please Help!

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
You have to submit your transcript

One time (2010) I was renewing my TRV from Seattle, I had the interview withe the officer and my grade were so bad in my first year
I had one semester with 2 Ds and 1 F 1 Pass with B-

The officer give me warning and issue me a 6 month visa only

I think they will understand how international students some of them struggle in the beginning of their academic career in different country

So proceed with your application and don't lose hope, just make sure you don't leave Canada without TRV

Good luck

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

domu said:
hi,

I'm in Canada already and my passport expired so I had to renewed my study permit which I got accepted.
But what I'm worried about now is my visa being accepted for extension, reason why being is because of my academic standing.
Just this last semester I got two Ds which dropped my GPA and I'm second year (taking Honours in Political Science & Communication) , to extent where I asked to withdraw from the program. I've already talked to my academic supervisor, and they said I since I was in Honours program they will just drop me down.... So I'm still going to be in school and all but I'll be in academic probation until further noticed. My first year didn't go well either because I didn't know what I wanted to do and there was also alot of other issue going so it reflected badly on my academic. So I'm worried that when I submit my transcript they will look at my academic standing and refuse my renewal for visa.. Can they do that? Or is there any other way for me to submit my application without my transcript?

Please Help!

1. Its not mandatory to submit transcripts for study permit renewal. Its optional.
2. Its not a business of CIC to look after your grades when you are still in school. As long as you are enrolled and registered in courses by school, and reasonably within the time frame of finishing course, you should be good.

Reactions: Anyw

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

1. Its not mandatory to submit transcripts for study permit renewal. Its optional.
2. Its not a business of CIC to look after your grades when you are still in school. As long as you are enrolled and registered in courses by school, and reasonably within the time frame of finishing course, you should be good.
I second that.

domu

Mar 31, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

I've already got accepted for my study permit.
I got that on February. I'm asking if they will extend my visa, after showing my grades.