+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Rejection | Urgent Help.

Nov 14, 2019
Hi

I have filled my visa this nov 2nd.
I got my rejection letter today.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities,
financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee

Please help me out with the problem that is mentioned here.

I have completed my Msc physics for IIT ISM Dhanbad 2017-2019
Bachelor 2014-2017
12th 2013

Got a fully funded Msc physics and astronomy in york University canada , as they said you need to complete masters again from here before entering PHD.
Have a IELTS score of 7.

I applied it online on my own.
Please help me out with the same

Awaiting help

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
why would they say you would need to complete masters again to enter phd since the masters is already related to what you have?
Because some international masters degrees are not equivalent to Canadian masters, and some background education is still required for entry to a PhD program. The OP here was essentially admitted to a PhD program but needs to do masters coursework to be ready for it.

Reactions: bbm1711

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You would need proof from York declaring that they will need you to redo your masters before you can get accepted into their PHD program. Still doesn’t guarantee your acceptance but would help. Would order CAIPS notes.

VRock

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
What do you mean by SDS ?
Student direct stream ?

But i am applying for a normal study permit ?
Yes I meant student direct stream. As for general category it is not compulsory but highly recommended to get GIC since it satisfies the VO to some extent and boosts up the chances of approval

Nov 14, 2019
Hi,
I have completed my SOP for Visa,
Please help me out with the correction of the same.
Thank you in advance.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been enthralled by the incredible feature of physics and astronomy, which can explain the complex real-world with simple theories and elegant formulas. Not only can we reveal and appreciate the beauty of nature, but nowadays, thousands of kinds of fabulous industrial products, as the fruition of physics researches, enable us to enjoy the facilities in modern society. Driven by the hope to seek further understanding of physics, astronomy and the awareness of the significance of fundamental physics research, I applied and got admitted to pursue my graduate study at York University, Department of physics and astronomy, with the hope that I could be with the program aiming to contribute to the scientific community.

I completed my Bachelors in Science securing the 2nd rank in the department of computer science, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, India. My bachelors were in B. Sc. (Physical Science with computers) which gave me an in-depth idea of the basic applied science from concepts of physics, mathematics, and computer science. By virtue of this, I was able to establish a connection between the applied sciences and the modern field of computation. This motivated me to choose physics in my masters. Aspiring to be a computational physicist, during my graduation itself, I tried to expose myself towards basic and advanced programming, the theory of computation (physics– computer science conglomeration). I qualified the national level entrance exam for the M. Sc. courses (IIT JAM -2017) in IIT's, ‘the prominent institutions of India “and secured AIR (All India Rank) 23rd to get absorbed for the master's course (MSc Physics) in IIT Dhanbad. I have completed the course in due time with a score of 8.74/10. During my masters, I was able to explore more about the field where I developed a deep interest in the computational side of astronomy and astrophysics. I was able to successfully complete an internship (May-July 18) at IIT Indore based on astronomy and put a small practical application of astronomy in my Master’s Thesis.

So why I am again admitted for MSc after completing an MSc Physics in India. Firstly, I applied for a PhD program at York University but due to their academic requirement stating “some international master’s degrees are not equivalent to Canadian masters and some background education is still required for entry to a PhD program” my the application was shifted to MSc. [ Mail Documents Attachment Bellow: DOC 1]. Secondary, the course offered at York is MSc Physics & Astronomy which is MSc by research work compared to my current Degree which is MSc by coursework has more research-oriented studies and have an in-depth analysis of my area of interest which is astronomy. Thirdly, The MSc at York University has dedicated research labs, computation facility and dedicated courses related to space physics, chemical physics, astronomy and astrophysics which lacked in my previous studies. Apart from this, York university boast of “Allan I. Carswell Observatory” which has 1-metre diameter telescope and is said to be the largest telescope on the university campus in Canada. These infrastructures will help me out in doing a relativity good research with a perfect blend of practical exposure for the social sphere.

As I mentioned above my research interest in astronomy, more specifically Computational astronomy/astrophysics. These fields are least explored ones in India, only a handful of professors are researching this area and due to the same, I was only able to take one course related to Astrophysics in my MSc from India. My future prospects after this course would be coming back to my home country and joining the government space agencies / convey the significance of this field, encouraging students to take up these fields and help them as well as do successful sustainable research which not only just improve this field of research as well as provide something to society.

Lastly, I would like to mention I have no plans of overstaying in Canada and will be back to my home country soon after my course, as my family would be there in India and my Dad is going to retire soon so being the elder son, it’s my duty to support them physically as well as financially and I am passionate about contributing my research capabilities to the social sphere by getting a post in the government space organisation back in my home country. My education records have helped me fetch a fully-funded opportunity which includes my tuition fees, stay, insurance and the other miscellaneous charges [Detailed attached in the funding section] and have already started with the background prerequisite studies as per the direction given my supervisor there at York.

It would be really great if you please go through my application, my supporting documents and grant my entry in Canada. I promise that I will be a lawful person and would follow all the rules and regulations given by the government of Canada during my period of stay.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello Anirudh,

I have read your SOP and I find it very lengthy. Here are my observations.

1. Do you really need 1st paragraph? Is it possible to make it in two to three lines.
2.Provide proof for all your accomplishments that you quoting in your SOP. For e.g. JEE rank, Thesis synopsisa,Internship at IIT Indore and so on.
3. Even if your opportunity is fully funded, still try to show some amount in your account as a backup as I have read cases in this forum of Visa getting rejected of fully funded courses all for not showing backup funds. One Such case I Read about was an IITian only somewhere in this forum.

Please note that above points are not my personal experience but rather an analysis based out of experiences shared by people in this forum itself. Hence please make your own judgement.

Reactions: Anirudhkrishnadas
Nov 14, 2019
Hello Anirudh,

I have read your SOP and I find it very lengthy. Here are my observations.

1. Do you really need 1st paragraph? Is it possible to make it in two to three lines.
2.Provide proof for all your accomplishments that you quoting in your SOP. For e.g. JEE rank, Thesis synopsisa,Internship at IIT Indore and so on.
3. Even if your opportunity is fully funded, still try to show some amount in your account as a backup as I have read cases in this forum of Visa getting rejected of fully funded courses all for not showing backup funds. One Such case I Read about was an IITian only somewhere in this forum.

Please note that above points are not my personal experience but rather an analysis based out of experiences shared by people in this forum itself. Hence please make your own judgement.

Hi Simmi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try to cut short the first para as per your suggestion and yeah, I do have all the mark sheets and certificates with me which I will attach in the sop itself. Attaching the thesis would be wise?

3. I have applied for GIC and will complete with the formalities this week itself.

As I have to join there this Jan 2020 so I am not leaving any loophole for rejection.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I have filled my visa this nov 2nd.
I got my rejection letter today.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities,
financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee

Please help me out with the problem that is mentioned here.

I have completed my Msc physics for IIT ISM Dhanbad 2017-2019
Bachelor 2014-2017
12th 2013

Got a fully funded Msc physics and astronomy in york University canada , as they said you need to complete masters again from here before entering PHD.
Have a IELTS score of 7.

I applied it online on my own.
Please help me out with the same

Awaiting help
What were your individual IELTS scores? Did you have any individual scores below 6.5?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
H

Hi
Yes i had my writing with 6 band
Listening: 8
Reading: 7
Speaking: 7.5
That might be part of the problem. To approve a study permit for a Master's, IRCC generally wants to see no individual scores below 6.5. If you can, I would strongly recommend re-taking IELTS and achieving a higher writing score.