+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejection reason

Raavann92

Jun 14, 2018
Hello experts,

I was denied a visa on 5th June, 2018 and I have received the CAIPS note for the refusal as follows:

"I have reviewed the application. The applicant is a student, 25, applying to attend a post graduate level
certificate in Mechanical Engineering applications from Fanshawe College. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies are reasonable, based on the following factors: PA was attending the University of Windsor on an SP valid from May 2017 until December 2018, however states that he was dismissed during his second semester due to low grades. Transcripts provided; noted that PA received satisfactory grades in first semester (2
courses) however dropped down to 55 % in both of his second semester courses. PA provides explanation
stating that he chose poor courses in his second semester due to pressures of living away from home, noting that this was amplified by an illness with his grandmother and business disturbances that his father was dealing with. He then states that he lost his passport and returned to India after being dismissed from school. PA now applying for different program at lower level. PA holds previous Bachelor level degree in Mechanical
Engineering. Not clear why PA is not attempting to reinstate himself at the University of Windsor rather than
pursue entirely new program at college level. Although PA appears to have available funds and meets language requirements PA has not provided a satisfactory explanation of his poor academic performance, nor why he did not withdraw immediately to return to India to assist his family rather than continue in coursework as his
explanation indicates that the family concerns were known at the time of his course selection which would have been prior to the start of the term. PA also achieved average to marginal marks in several of his undergraduate courses. Concerns that PA's poor performance may have been due to lack of attendance and academic skills. Given this history, I am not satisfied that PA is a bona fide student. In view of the foregoing reasons, I consider that the incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh the applicant's ties to their country of residence. Purpose of application does not appear to be for genuine study purposes, and overall I am not satisfied that PA will
respect the term of a TRV and/or depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. Refused."

How can I prove that I am a bonafide student?
I confirmed with my agent and she says that UofW doesn't approve applications from someone who is dismissed.