+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejection from Abu Dhabi

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
The most critical reason they decided to refuse your application is: Your wife has been the main applicant trying to apply thru EE/FSW and didn't meet the MEC -> your purpose this time is definitely not for studying.

-> Get your self a professional consultant bro.
Along with other doubts like your proof of funds, that certainly is the biggest issue. You demonstrated an intent to immigrate to Canada but was unsuccessful. Hence -- the officer thinks you're going to immigrate to Canada with a student visa. Only way to resolve this is to write a strong SoP addressing all the officer's doubts. What to write ? That you might need a consultant's help.

Reactions: Omerbabiker6

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Do i need to delete or mention this at the time of reapplication?
They mentioned it on GCMS note so you need to go straight to this problem then explain about it, and how to explain -> your consultant would tryto find a solution as you paid him/her for that.

About your financial status, VO said “the source of funds is not evidenced” -> where did your money come from to have those fixed deposits and to pay for GIC? If it comes from your salary, you would have to show your (1) Labor contract and (2) the bank statement of your CA received salary payment in the last one year (at least) then highlight all the salary payment transactions and after all those transactions summed up, the total amount of money should make sense.

Hope my opinion could be helpful to you, wish luck bro!

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
sorry about rejection. but you are in really hot waters.

take the notes and seek certified canadian laywer that will help you with your study permit application. you really showed strong intent to immigrate to canada. and on top of that you didn't even mention it. there is something called dual intent that might have worked for you. also you are 31 years old with a wife and kid. the VO will ask themselves. why he just doesn't show 1 account under his name that have enough money. also he was concerned about your income and the cost of tuition fees. showing so many documents to prove your finances rise concerns for VO. just show one or two documents showing that u have enough money and it is accessible. and to finish you off the vo stated that your current status in UAE is a bit of concern as your resident permit will expires very soon / or expired.

Last edited:

kritanium

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
CA certificate + affidavit to show inheritance + Fds and Rds with bank certificates and statements
Were you able to provide the evidence for all? Also, what was your immigration status in UAE at the time of applying? was your work permit about to expire?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Applied on dec 20, visa expiry - feb 21

now in india, planning to reapply from here
I am close to 40 years, not married, only showed GIC 10K ... I got my visa approval in 17 days...

Only suggestion that I would give you is be extremely honest and transparent in your next SOP. Tell them about all the key events from past in details.
About your wife's EE, if your wife and kid would join you in canada, you losing your job in the UAE and then moving back to India.

Don't hide anything. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I think VO are smart enough to differentiate between genuine and desperate reasons.

. You come across as reasonably wealthy. Show them proper evidence of your finance since you already mentioned that in your previous SOP.

Explain in detail, why you came back to India and why this study will prove lifechanging for your career.

Rest try to keep it as simple as you can.

I did not have to show any evidence except for GIC 10K cad.

All the best

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
The most critical reason they decided to refuse your application is: Your wife has been the main applicant trying to apply thru EE/FSW and didn't meet the MEC -> your purpose this time is definitely not for studying.

-> Get your self a professional consultant bro.
How did you conclude this is the most critical ? Its literally 1 line and most of the other points are directly hinted at source of income being the concern. There are lots of applicants with active FSW profiles. This VO seems to have gone extra mile and did a check on OP's profile in the GCMS system and seems like that's how he knows. They don't have this information handy otherwise.

Reactions: ReeJo and lamnt0702

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
GCMS NOTES

31 yr old Indian citizen residing in UAE with wife and child, seeking SP for a Masters in Engineering from University of XXXXX Last studied in 2011 for Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering; has been working as an engineer in various companies since 2011. Earns a modest income in UAE and while PA’s wife is named on a commercial license, there is limited evidence of the business being in operation or being a source of income. PA states he wants to return to work in UAE after his studies and the long-term plan is to work as an engineer in India, but the study plan is vague and does not sufficiently justify the cost of studying in Canada. PA relies on numerous fixed deposits and a GIC but the source of funds is not evidenced. Despite PA stating his intention is to return to UAE, GCMS shows he was dependent on his wife’s EE profile recently but that she failed to meet the MEC for FSW; PA does not mention this in the application.
Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.
The study plan doesn’t appear reasonable given the applicant‘s employment and education history.
I note that:
The client’s proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path.
Taking the applicant’s current employment situation into consideration, the employment does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently well established that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of a period of authorized stay.
The applicant’s immigration status in their country of residence is temporary, which reduces their ties to the country.
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above I have refused this application.

Currently, I resigned from the UAE job and staying in India, and planning to reapply thru SDS.

feedback please!!!
The major concern here seems to be around your finances, this VO from AUH has surprisingly taken the time to write all the details. If you have huge deposits as Vo claims then you should trace them back to every single penny (bank statements, pay slips, etc and clearly document them). It is possible they might be old and have accrued interests over time then this also needs to be mentioned. I realize that these information should be served to them on platter very clearly otherwise they interpret it their own way.

Just ensure you possibly answer every single concern VO had, point by point. Its sad you were caught having a FSW profile which really seems like this VO dug into your profile in depth. I suggest getting some legal consultation before applying, you don't want to be caught misrepresenting.

Reactions: lamnt0702

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
How did you conclude this is the most critical ? Its literally 1 line and most of the other points are directly hinted at source of income being the concern. There are lots of applicants with active FSW profiles. This VO seems to have gone extra mile and did a check on OP's profile in the GCMS system and seems like that's how he knows. They don't have this information handy otherwise.
That’s my opinion and I agree with you abt “this VO seems to have gone extra mile” which I'm a lil bit suprise that he/she did check OP’s wife profile on the system.
The other concerns about OP’s financial conditions are not too difficult to explain on the next SOP but how to change the VO’s mindset that OP just want to go to Can for immigrating instead of studying eventhough there is nothing wrong/bad with it. That’s why I thought it’s the critical reason for OP’s refusal.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
That’s my opinion and I agree with you abt “this VO seems to have gone extra mile” which I'm a lil bit suprise that he/she did check OP’s wife profile on the system.
The other concerns about OP’s financial conditions are not too difficult to explain on the next SOP but how to change the VO’s mindset that OP just want to go to Can for immigrating instead of studying eventhough there is nothing wrong/bad with it. That’s why I thought it’s the critical reason for OP’s refusal.
The entire SP application process is very subjective. Depending on how VO perceives things the outcome will be entirely different for the same candidate. Also where you apply from also matter. AUH VO from what I know is the worst for mature candidates & expats from third world countries. We cant change how the process works and this is why you need to ensure that everything you submit is based on ''what VO wants to see'' and not what you feel is right or logical. I have seen so many rejection cases over past months that defeats every logic and reasoning out there.

Reactions: lamnt0702

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I am close to 40 years, not married, only showed GIC 10K ... I got my visa approval in 17 days...

Only suggestion that I would give you is be extremely honest and transparent in your next SOP. Tell them about all the key events from past in details.
About your wife's EE, if your wife and kid would join you in canada, you losing your job in the UAE and then moving back to India.

Don't hide anything. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I think VO are smart enough to differentiate between genuine and desperate reasons.

. You come across as reasonably wealthy. Show them proper evidence of your finance since you already mentioned that in your previous SOP.

Explain in detail, why you came back to India and why this study will prove lifechanging for your career.

Rest try to keep it as simple as you can.

I did not have to show any evidence except for GIC 10K cad.

All the best
May I know where you applied from please ?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
The entire SP application process is very subjective. Depending on how VO perceives things the outcome will be entirely different for the same candidate. Also where you apply from also matter. AUH VO from what I know is the worst for mature candidates & expats from third world countries. We cant change how the process works and this is why you need to ensure that everything you submit is based on ''what VO wants to see'' and not what you feel is right or logical. I have seen so many rejection cases over past months that defeats every logic and reasoning out there.
What about those who apply from Dubai VFS? Even their files are checked at Abu Dhabi offices?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I applied from India. But I have a massive UAE experience and I wrote a big para on my SOP about how I might consider moving back to the UAE to avail tax free benefits and year round warm weather.
I see. Coz AUH office really is unfair to mature applicants. I got rejected recently and waiting for GCMS notes and will apply from India. So did you mention in your SOP that you are working in UAE or that you returned permanently ?