+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA Rejection....28 July 2020

chrisjohn

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hello Guys,

I got my visa rejection yesterday. I want to know what could be the reason behind.
Application: Mar 16 2020,for May Intake.
College: Canadore College,
Course: Construction Project
Management.1 year Course
Studied: Civil Eng.(B.Tech)-68.7%
Inter-83.6%
10 th-84.1%
IELTS : 6,6,6,6=overall 6
I defered from May Intake to September Intake...but now got Refused...
I applied for 1 year course and paid 1 semester fees and with GIC....
Father is Govt. Teacher...so i had submitted father income documents.

They stated this statement..........

(Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.)
[/QUOT
Opt for one year courses similar to master other than diploma which will enchance your career...

Please share your timeline, when did you got biometric correspondence letter?

Steelserpant

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
If the Management course you are doing is a diploma, then it's a step backwards. Because no one does a diploma after holding a degree. It has far less value. If you had a reasonable experience and had applied for a master's degree I think the chances are high. Anyways please check with the notes that someone has mentioned in the thread. Maybe it can help pinpoint where the error was.
well my friend got visa after bachelor in IT
he selected diploma course of two years
it does not matter which course you chose you have to give proper explanation about your course

yashwanthp

Jul 10, 2019
The course seems like it is a step backwards given your engineering degree.
yeah but i had worked 3 years as Site Engineer....and now i want to develop knowledge and skills about my upper position..i.e Project Manager.....so i have applied for Construction Project Management.

yashwanthp

Jul 10, 2019
They are refusing most of the paper application. God knows why they are doing this.
Is it true?..paper applications are cancelling.....there is 1 month time for sep intake 2020..so i should apply again from online this time...or i should take gcms notes for it....

yashwanthp

Jul 10, 2019
You are not a genuine student and have not satisfied the visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Your purpose of visit and proposed study plan does not support your application as a genuine student and be in compliance with immigration regulations.
I don't know what should i do now ?...i explained about my future aspects from my higher education in sop...and if you don't mind tell me how should i have to improve my sop...

yashwanthp

Jul 10, 2019
You are not a genuine student and have not satisfied the visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Your purpose of visit and proposed study plan does not support your application as a genuine student and be in compliance with immigration regulations.
how can i be genuine student please explain?

yashwanthp

Jul 10, 2019
well my friend got visa after bachelor in IT
he selected diploma course of two years
it does not matter which course you chose you have to give proper explanation about your course
yeah i explained how the selected course is useful here in India....in your opinion still i should have added some points..isn't it ?

visaaaa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello Guys,

I got my visa rejection yesterday. I want to know what could be the reason behind.
Management.1 year Course
Inter-83.6%
10 th-84.1%

(Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.)
do you plan on getting trying to get a pr or come back if approved ?

chrisjohn

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hello Guys,

Management.1 year Course
Inter-83.6%
10 th-84.1%

When u received your biometric correspondence letter?

loupetlapin

Nov 22, 2018
For those of you here giving advice without even understanding or studying immigration law, I would say rein it in. Each person's situation is different, a solution that might have worked for person A wouldn't necessarily work for person B. Secondly, there is something called "Dual Intent" in the Canadian immigration law, (IRPA) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay”. Furthermore, Subsection 216(1) is not used as a reason for rejection because of hints that the applicant has intentions of becoming a permanent resident in the future, it simply means that the applicant did not satisfy the officer - with whatever supporting documents submitted- that they will leave Canada at the end of their permitted stay. Look up the following precedent to learn more about this "Stanislavsky v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration)".

" ...but they are promoting for it, they say -come to Canada to study and gain residency. Heck, they even put programs in place specifically for graduates to stay in Canada i.e. PGWP" some of you might say. That's true! However, the officers are merely concerned about the illegal stay, when one is not successful in scoring neither a PGWP nor an invitation to apply for PR. What do they do, STAY ILLEGALLY in the country!

Applying to gain a Diploma after a Bachelor's degree is also not necessarily a reason for rejection, as long as the applicant provides a reasonable explanation showcasing how this program is related to his previous studies and/or work experience. Albeit a natural progression is advised, it doesn't mean that everyone ought to comply. Your decision to take up a Project Management course after your Civil Engineering degree combined with your work experience means complete sense. The following precedent touches slightly on this "Yaqoob v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 1370 (CanLII)".

For the gentleman who received a rejection, I am sorry for that. As others suggested, it would be ideal to retrieve the GCMS notes to better understand the officer's reasoning for the rejection. In doing so, you'll better tackle these reasons in your following submission. If you don't have time for that, I would advise you to study each of the sections/subsections quoted carefully and prepare a strong SOP and evidence to refute them.

Wishing you the best of luck!

mithun5991

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
For those of you here giving advice without even understanding or studying immigration law, I would say rein it in. Each person's situation is different, a solution that might have worked for person A wouldn't necessarily work for person B. Secondly, there is something called "Dual Intent" in the Canadian immigration law, (IRPA) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay”. Furthermore, Subsection 216(1) is not used as a reason for rejection because of hints that the applicant has intentions of becoming a permanent resident in the future, it simply means that the applicant did not satisfy the officer - with whatever supporting documents submitted- that they will leave Canada at the end of their permitted stay. Look up the following precedent to learn more about this "Stanislavsky v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration)".

" ...but they are promoting for it, they say -come to Canada to study and gain residency. Heck, they even put programs in place specifically for graduates to stay in Canada i.e. PGWP" some of you might say. That's true! However, the officers are merely concerned about the illegal stay, when one is not successful in scoring neither a PGWP nor an invitation to apply for PR. What do they do, STAY ILLEGALLY in the country!

Applying to gain a Diploma after a Bachelor's degree is also not necessarily a reason for rejection, as long as the applicant provides a reasonable explanation showcasing how this program is related to his previous studies and/or work experience. Albeit a natural progression is advised, it doesn't mean that everyone ought to comply. Your decision to take up a Project Management course after your Civil Engineering degree combined with your work experience means complete sense. The following precedent touches slightly on this "Yaqoob v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 1370 (CanLII)".

For the gentleman who received a rejection, I am sorry for that. As others suggested, it would be ideal to retrieve the GCMS notes to better understand the officer's reasoning for the rejection. In doing so, you'll better tackle these reasons in your following submission. If you don't have time for that, I would advise you to study each of the sections/subsections quoted carefully and prepare a strong SOP and evidence to refute them.

Wishing you the best of luck!
That's a really good suggestion for everyone.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this here and guiding all of us.