+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected under SPP - plz suggest me the course for Jan 2012 intake

Ajay_Acharya

Aug 28, 2011
Hey all,

I got rejection on study mismatch bases for sep2011 intake. Now want to apply for the Jan2012 intake. But damn confused to choose the r8 course. Seniors and experts plz plz suggest me the course to choose that will convince Visa Officer to grant me the study permit.

Here is my profile-
B.E.(I.T.) ( June 2010) - 56% Aggregate (No any gap in study)
IELTS - 7 band (No any less than 6 band)
Working since dec2010 as Jr Programmer

Applied for Sep-2011 intake under SPP for:

Information Technology Solutions Course of Humber College(2years PG)

Now interested and available courses for Jan intake:
Informatino Security Management (Fanshawe College)
Informatin Systems Business Analyst (George Brown College)
Wireless Telecommunication(Humber College/ George Brown College)

All above are 1yr PG courses.

Hope to hear from u guyz soon.....thnks in advance!

Lovely_16

Jun 28, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that. :(
But i would like to suggest u don't go with wireless Telecommunications,it's totally irrelevant to ur previous studies. Bcoz' this course is related to electronics not IT.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ajay_Acharya said:
Hey all,

I got rejection on study mismatch bases for sep2011 intake. Now want to apply for the Jan2012 intake. But damn confused to choose the r8 course. Seniors and experts plz plz suggest me the course to choose that will convince Visa Officer to grant me the study permit.

Here is my profile-
Working since dec2010 as Jr Programmer

Now interested and available courses for Jan intake:
Informatino Security Management (Fanshawe College)
Informatin Systems Business Analyst (George Brown College)
Wireless Telecommunication(Humber College/ George Brown College)

All above are 1yr PG courses.

Hope to hear from u guyz soon.....thnks in advance!
I am from Non IT background, even thn to me all of yours prospective courses looks "very similar" to the one on the basis of which you got rejected.

Its your choice but I would strongly advice you to go for a Master level course (if not a Master level, thn atleast a University level PG Course)

Ajay_Acharya

Aug 28, 2011
@Lovely_16:

Thank u very much for the quick comment!
How about the other two options?

@enfield:
Thank u very much for the quick comment!
You r r8 that i shud go for the PG level course in unis. And m in search of similar courses aswel but due to low GPA m not sure to get into those courses which are at masters level. And PG Diplomas in universities are hard to find. If you know any PGD course in IT from uni than plz plz let me know, i wud go for that.

And Information security management and Information business analyst are IT related courses bro...Former cn be specialization in IT security and later cn be secialization in IT business....i guess! From VO point of view m not sure.

Plz somebody from IT field and having much exp with this throw some light on this issue...thnx again.

I hv got 1 other option:
Interactive Multimedia (Algonquine college)

Database Application developer is also an option for me but the course content of that course is already what i hv studied. So that i hv left out.

Lovely_16

Jun 28, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Ajay.
I m from IT field only. I will suggest that u can go for other 2 courses which are totally relevant but don't go for interactive multimedia. Whenver u select a course be more specific abt it,find out all the things like fees structure,deadlines,requiremnts and most imp what the course actually contains(i.e. course outline).
I m really shocked that y your visa is rejected on study mismatch reason.It's not true becoz' the course selected is completely related to ur previous studies.r u sur this is the only reason for refusal........

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lovely_16 said:
@ Ajay.
I m from IT field only. I will suggest that u can go for other 2 courses which are totally relevant but don't go for interactive multimedia. Whenver u select a course be more specific abt it,find out all the things like fees structure,deadlines,requiremnts and most imp what the course actually contains(i.e. course outline).
I m really shocked that y your visa is rejected on study mismatch reason.It's not true becoz' the course selected is completely related to ur previous studies.r u sur this is the only reason for refusal........
I don't think if Visa Officer is an expert of all subjects, like Science, biotech, IT, Law, BTech, MTech, Business. There are hundreds of different fields with in one fields. So I don't think if VO make decision only on the basis of Course selection. I have reasons to beleive that VO acts more on "overall profile".

even I can give you an example where one of our forum member did BA (Political Science) and got visa with in 18 working days for a 2 year "Diploma in Para Legal" (Para legal means a law secretary).

Keep in mind its just a Diploma "Not a PG Diploma".

Arun the don

Sep 2, 2011
Re: Visa rejected under SPP - plz suggest me for Jan 2012 intake

Hi frds i have 6.5 in ielts and 54% in btech(cse) pls suggest me good consultancy in hyderabad.And one more think is i have backlocks.

Ajay_Acharya

Aug 28, 2011
@Lovely 16 & enfiled:
ya bor u r r8, course content is very important and nowadays VOs are looking on course contents of both previous and proposed studies, and due to that only I got rejection as my last chosen course's content was most of all i had already studied in B.tech, so it doesn't make sense to study again at PG level. And even for this "Information Security Mangement Course", many students got rejection with same profile as mine, so i'm really worried to choose the right course to convince the VO.

Btw i still have doubt regarding my rejection, here is my complete profile:

My Profile:
Work Experience of 6months as Jr Progammer working till date of application and till now.

with:
1st sem fees paid
8,10,000 Loan against 9,00,000 FDR
work experience docs
SOP mentioning my study and career plan with future prospects in India after returning

Family Information:
Father: Retired (Pension Income+ Tuition Income) (1,60,000+2,10,000 / annum)
Mother: Housewife (Interest Income from Capital Investment) (1,73,500 / annum)
Elder Brother: Admin Executive in pvt company (10,000/month)
Self Income 10,000/month

Applied on 4th July and refusal letter states 6th July, got passport on 7th July.
Rejection Reason:
VO was not satisfied that i would leave Canada after my study permit because my proposed study was not reasonable in light of my previous studies, qualification, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, opporutnities available in India/Canada, or my future prospects or plans.

Can any one please let me know the exact reason for the rejection and what should I do next? Should I take a one year PG course to some other college for Jan2012 intake?

Any help is highly appreciated.....
Thanks in advance.

-Ajay Acharya (from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India)

bajwa

Sep 8, 2011
hi guys i also rejected for sep batch. the reason is i will not come back after study completion. pls help me wat i can do nw.

Lovely_16

Jun 28, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont worry bro apply again for Jan intake.
As said by one of our forum member "If VO is shameless, so do we..............."
We will become headache for them until they grant us visa.
Best of luck.

zestyaman

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
jalandhar city
Category........
Visa Office......
chc chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
I don't think if Visa Officer is an expert of all subjects, like Science, biotech, IT, Law, BTech, MTech, Business. There are hundreds of different fields with in one fields. So I don't think if VO make decision only on the basis of Course selection. I have reasons to beleive that VO acts more on "overall profile".

even I can give you an example where one of our forum member did BA (Political Science) and got visa with in 18 working days for a 2 year "Diploma in Para Legal" (Para legal means a law secretary).

Keep in mind its just a Diploma "Not a PG Diploma".
its quite strange enfield , this has forced me to think that VO hardly understands and go through the case details and specifications , mine with MBA in finance background is rejected for two year certificate in global business management , and they say you can do the same course at low cost in india

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zestyaman said:
its quite strange enfield , this has forced me to think that VO hardly understands and go through the case details and specifications , mine with MBA in finance background is rejected for two year certificate in global business management , and they say you can do the same course at low cost in india
Hi,

I must say that I am "very surprised" after going through your profile. You first did MBA (Finance) and thn applied for a "Certificate Course" in a "Global Business Management", and thn expected a student visa for yourself. Now just think yourself if Visa Officer was right or wrong in rejecting your Candidature ! I do not see any logic for going to a Certificate course at some college after gaining the "Highest Possible" education in Business i.e., MBA.

I may look little rude with my post, and I apologize for the same..... its really not my intention to discourage you at all. For me its really hard to understand how do you expect a visa for someone who is going from MBA -> Certificate in a College.