+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected.. please help!!

Srishtyduhan

Oct 30, 2019
India
He got 65%. And yes we were in the same drop.
Its just so heartbreaking. I totally accept that each and every visa file is unique. Where did I went wrong please how to handle this? Help me
Each visa application is a unique case reviewed by different officers. You can't immediately draw conclusions.

Your friend also dropped out of pre-medical tests training from Akash and had 78% in Medical 12?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
He got 65%. And yes we were in the same drop.
Its just so heartbreaking. I totally accept that each and every visa file is unique. Where did I went wrong please how to handle this? Help me
You need to address the reasons for rejection if you re-apply. You can expect to need to address your dropped courses, why you're switching to psychology, and why you've chosen a Mennonnite Christian school.

Srishtyduhan

Oct 30, 2019
India
You need to address the reasons for rejection if you re-apply. You can expect to need to address your dropped courses, why you're switching to psychology, and why you've chosen a Mennonnite Christian school.
I believe you're not from India so you're not able to get this DROP term. It's basically taking year off(gap year) for the preparation of competitive exam i.e. PMT. For the same, I took admission into Aakash institute (gives coaching for competitive exams). I attended full time classes here.

Draig

Sep 27, 2014
Mumbai,India
Visa Office......
VFS MUMBAI
App. Filed.......
18/19/2019
Med's Done....
17/10/2014
Address your gap and reason for change of mind from medical to Psychology under your SOP.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I believe you're not from India so you're not able to get this DROP term. It's basically taking year off(gap year) for the preparation of competitive exam i.e. PMT. For the same, I took admission into Aakash institute (gives coaching for competitive exams). I attended full time classes here.
Sure, sounds good. So you didn't actually drop the courses - you should be careful with using terms like that where in Canada the term means "to cancel attending classes."

You need to explain why you took competitive coaching for medical exams and now want to switch to psychology at a Christian Mennonite school in Canada.

Were you not able to get psychology training in India? You say it's "taboo" but without proof that there is no comparable study available your application will be harder.

Srishtyduhan

Oct 30, 2019
India
Sure, sounds good. So you didn't actually drop the courses - you should be careful with using terms like that where in Canada the term means "to cancel attending classes."

You need to explain why you took competitive coaching for medical exams and now want to switch to psychology at a Christian Mennonite school in Canada.

Were you not able to get psychology training in India? You say it's "taboo" but without proof that there is no comparable study available your application will be harder.
Oh I never knew about that terminology difference. I didn't take help of any consultants and applied file on my own. I guess I should have.

Srishtyduhan

Oct 30, 2019
India

I opted for BA in psychology. If I change to Bsc in Psychology (which I have an option to do so)..will it be okay?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I opted for BA in psychology. If I change to Bsc in Psychology (which I have an option to do so)..will it be okay?
You've already been rejected once, switching course streams again is another thing you'll need to explain.

If the BSc is closer to what you studied in your PMT courses, that will help, but you will need to address the additional switch.

I still think your bigger issue is the Christian Mennonite nature of the school, but everything adds up to problems.

Srishtyduhan

Oct 30, 2019
India
You've already been rejected once, switching course streams again is another thing you'll need to explain.

If the BSc is closer to what you studied in your PMT courses, that will help, but you will need to address the additional switch.

I still think your bigger issue is the Christian Mennonite nature of the school, but everything adds up to problems.
Yes Bachelor of Science in directly related to what I studied. I don't address how do I address Christian Mennonite nature :-(

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Why would you choose a Christian Mennonite school above others? Is it just because it's the only place that would accept you that was in Canada? Did you apply elsewhere to other schools?