+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa rejected due to study gap

Rahuls7

Dec 29, 2020
Hi Guys! ,I am from INDIA, after getting admission for a diploma program in web development i had applied for visa and got rejected ,
i had completed my 12th in 2016 with 60% and joined for Bachelor of Technology computer science(engineering), after two years i discontinued my studies due to backlog
currently i have a study gap of five years after 12th
the reason mentioned for the visa rejection was :
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications,
previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial
resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

I have already paid the GIC amount but i haven't paid the tution fee for the diploma program. i had also secured 7 band score in IELTS.
could anyone guide me on this issue

Aman_S

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Hi Guys! ,I am from INDIA, after getting admission for a diploma program in web development i had applied for visa and got rejected ,
i had completed my 12th in 2016 with 60% and joined for Bachelor of Technology computer science(engineering), after two years i discontinued my studies due to backlog
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications,
previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial

I have already paid the GIC amount but i haven't paid the tution fee for the diploma program. i had also secured 7 band score in IELTS.
Sorry to hear that..
Please share your timeline

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

What help do you need?

Rahuls7

Dec 29, 2020
What help do you need?
Thank you for responding

i would like to know is there anything that you can explicitly mention to get visa approval.
Secondly, are there any other student who has been successful in getting visa approval in spite of gap

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Thank you for responding

i would like to know is there anything that you can explicitly mention to get visa approval.
Secondly, are there any other student who has been successful in getting visa approval in spite of gap
Visa approval is not based on what you mention. You can't just mention something and expect the visa officer to believe you. Your documents show that you're do not have intention of leaving Canada after your temporary stay. Therefore the visa officer cannot issue you a study permit.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes. You keep stating that you were refused because of study gap. No where does it say this.

“Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications,
resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.”

You are missing your grades/transcripts. You were not a great student during your degree which you didn’t finish (Academic record) so they don’t think you will finish a diploma. What are your IELTs scores? Your program makes no sense for future employment in your home country. Why do you need to spend money on Canadian education (states you don’t show enough funds) for a diploma (not a degree)? A diploma in web development probably can be completed in your home country, so why Canada?

That is why you were refused not a study gap.

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi folks, whether I need to submit my resume/CV, if I my gap is due to the job, along with other employment related documents ?

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
CV won't be necessary. Just your employment docs and/or ITRs are good enough.
Thanks mate! :)
So, Mentioning the skills and technical areas, where I worked in SOP itself will be sufficient ? Moreover, I don't have documents from employer that describes my roles and responsibilities. whether SOP will compensate this part ?

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Thanks mate! :)
So, Mentioning the skills and technical areas, where I worked in SOP itself will be sufficient ? Moreover, I don't have documents from employer that describes my roles and responsibilities. whether SOP will compensate this part ?
Yes for that part SoP would suffice.

Reactions: Atchu